U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,316,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Most verses that link Jesus Christ to the Father in the NWT had to be changed. Which would include 1 John 5:7.
Why is it that there is no other version in common use that has not been changed, other than the one quoted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 12:56 PM

214 posts, read 312,016 times
Brainwashed is a good way to describe these people.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Brainwashed is a good way to describe these people.
I'm guessing your not for JW's lol!!!

Anyways My aunt and uncle and thier kids are JW's and actually they just got my aunts mom to convert. Congradulations to them . They are very nice caring indiviuals regardless of thier religion. But my advice to the person who started this thread... if your going out of sire niceness..DON'T!!

If your not happy with your current religion and wish to find the one that is right for you... do the research in every religion. And don't let anyone push you into there's. Do not listen to the ignnorance about any religion, FIND OUT THE FACTS!!! I was born a Catholic... and now converted to islam... I did it for myself not my husband or anyone else... my hole family is Catholic, with a few hindus, JW's, and whatever else...and we all get along great!!!

If you are attending there place of worship to see what its like.. there is no harm in that either...

Old 03-15-2010, 03:37 PM

134 posts, read 85,084 times
They don't have a sound doctrine and if it is not about Jesus Christ dying on the cross for my sins,I don't want any part of that religion.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:20 PM

13 posts, read 32,683 times
Default Jehovah's Witnesses

Well, to answer your question, they are misled. Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ. They talk about Jesus, but when they speak of Jesus it is an entirely different Jesus that Christians speak of. They do not believe in the Trinity, you cannot truly be a Christian, saved by God's grace if you deny the deity of Christ, the Holy Spirit convicts you of that Truth. It's like this, let us consider a boiled egg, you have the egg shell, the egg white, and the egg yolk, all three exist cohesively as one. And that's how the Trinity is, it's like a boiled egg. Jehovah's witnesses claim that Christ is not divine because they misinterpret a scripture out of content, in Matthew 24:36, Jesus answered a question from his disciples, it was regarding when his second coming will be, Jesus said "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Jehovah's Witnesses say that Jesus, by stating that scripture, was saying over all that he is not GOD because he did not have the power to know of his return. But that's not what he was saying. Let's create a scenario to describe this, let's say you have a 4 year old kid, that's about the age when kids start asking "Why?" to everything. Like when a 4 year old asks, "Can i go outside and play" and you say "No, it's raining." and the kid asks "Why?" and then you say again "because it's raining." and they ask again "Why, why is it raining, what is rain?" over and over again, eventually you'd just say "I don't know." and it's not the fact that you don't know, it's just that you can't explain to a 4 year old the process of rain in a way that he would understand. The disciples were asking Jesus "Why? why? when? when?" And Jesus basically replied "I don't know" in the same manner that we would to a 4 year old kid who asks about why it's raining because Jesus did not want them to not focus on when exactly it would be because as GOD tells us in the Bible in 2 Corinthians 5:7 "walk by FAITH not by SIGHT." So, it's kinda hard to teach someone how to walk by faith versus sight if you tell them "Hey guys I'm gonna return on December 21, 2011 at exactly 1130 PM." So, basically if they would have known that, they could live like the devil until 1129 PM on December 21, 2011 and then repent 1 minute before Christ returns, that's a wicked servant's ways and that's not the type of disciples that Christ builds up. In regards to the trinity and Christs' divinity, what the Jehovah's witnesses are leaving out is the fact the Jesus Christ said "If you've seen me you've seen the Father." (John 14:9) And Jesus previously supported that fact in John 10:30 when he said "I and the Father are one." He is identifying himself as equal to GOD. He is the true divine living GOD, The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, just like a boiled egg, the egg shell, the egg white, and the egg yolk. The amazing thing about Jesus is that he's real, he's not religion, he's not a set of mandated laws, and you can have a real relationship with him if you place your faith and trust in him. Ya see, the question we have to ask ourselves is this "When I die do I want to go to Heaven or hell?" Heaven is sort of like Disneyland, let's say I were to walk up to Disneyland right now, and when i approached the gate the girl at the ticket counter asks me "Ticket please." and let's say I say to her "I don't have a ticket but I've been a really good person all my life, I've never shot anyone, never stole anything, i've never lied." and then she shall say to me "That's very admirable sir, but I need a ticket please." And then i reply back to her "Oh you don't understand I don't have a ticket but this place is for me, i'm a really good person, i've donated to charities my whole life, spent time with orphans, and fed the homeless every year at Thanksgiving." And then she shall surely say again "That's very admireable of you, very nice but you can't come in Disneyland without a ticket because Disneyland is not a place for good people, it's a place for people who have a ticket." and that's exactly what Heaven is like and Jesus Christ is that ticket because to be in GOD's presence is perfection, and Jesus Christ lived and died and rose from the grave, that perfect life to purchase that ticket into Heaven for us if we ask him. ROMANS 10:9 "If you believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord and that he rose from the dead, and confess with your mouth, then you shall be saved." Romans 10:13 "For whoever calls on the LORD will be SAVED." It's that easy, salvation is a free gift from GOD. Ephesians 2:8 "For you are saved by FAITH through GRACE, not of your works so no man can boast." It's that simple brother, If you'd like to receive GOD's free gift of salvation, just ask Jesus to be Lord of your life, make him LORD and ask for forgiveness of your sins. it's called the sinners prayer and it goes a little something like this "Dear Lord Jesus, I accept you as my LORD and Saviour, please forgive me for my sins and thank you for saving me, I ask you now, come into my heart and live forever, Amen." If you prayed that and really meant it, then Jesus has just filled you with his spirit and you have that ticket into Heaven. take care brother, hope this helped, Rick

Old 03-15-2010, 04:25 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,962,901 times
I think JW's fine, as long as they're not knocking on my door early in the morning. Usually Jasper takes care of them though.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:40 AM

4,349 posts, read 6,490,099 times
Over the last few months I have had two JW come to my door, and I requested they take my home off their list. They did and have not returned. I had two Mormons come and make the same request and they have not returned also. In the last month I had two Baptist come and again I made the request to have my home removed from their list. They have returned twice, and I am afraid I may have to become less than pleasant if they return again. With my experience I have to say the Baptist are the group who donít respect others views, and are worst than JW, or Mormons.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:45 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,962,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Over the last few months I have had two JW come to my door, and I requested they take my home off their list. They did and have not returned. I had two Mormons come and make the same request and they have not returned also. In the last month I had two Baptist come and again I made the request to have my home removed from their list. They have returned twice, and I am afraid I may have to become less than pleasant if they return again. With my experience I have to say the Baptist are the group who donít respect others views, and are worst than JW, or Mormons.
Want to borrow my puppy dog? He doesnt discriminate...No matter what someone's beliefs are, he doesnt care.

Just dont wake him up by coming onto his porch.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,569,640 times
I asked my daughter what she thought about JWs. She said "They have a funny look on their faces".

Old 03-16-2010, 08:00 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,333,645 times
They need to stay away from my house!

I do not want to be bothered by nuts trying to convert me.

My dog bit one that came into my yard, they will not be back!

Good Dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality