U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-23-2016, 09:09 AM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Reputation: 271

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Except for their house isn't really on fire and you knock on their door at 3 am every stinking night. Then you convince the mother that the house is actually on fire and she raises her children to be afraid of the house because it is on fire. Then the mom refuses to talk to her children unless they come out of the house , which if it ever was on fire would have burned down by now. That fact doesn't matter because all that matters is having enough people standing in the yard yelling about burning houses so the people that have spent their whole lives yelling about burning houses don't have to feel like complete idiots because they have other people seeing burning houses where there is none. The fact remains that some people are just not sane enough to come in out of the rain. That is the definition of insanity, right. Keep saying the house is on fire night after night and it never burns down.


hd4me, what are you doing quoting Satan's media? I could show you a crap ton of articles detailing the child sexual abuse the WT has been covering up for decades. People are starting to come forward.





They haven't covered it up--the words of apostates say that. Paedophilia is not exceptable ever to the JW,s. There could be cases where individual weak congregations may have covered it up.
But that is not the JW religion fault--it is individuals fault.
And yes as it stands 99% houses( eternal life) are on fire, so out of love for Jehovah, Jesus and ones fellow man--- a JW knocks.
The world hated it back then as well in Jesus day. As far as to fill their hearts with hatred to kill everyone of them they could. Because the followers of this world, Jesus taught to be no part of--must fit in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-23-2016, 04:40 PM
 
Location: minnesota
5,251 posts, read 1,673,401 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
They haven't covered it up--the words of apostates say that. Paedophilia is not exceptable ever to the JW,s. There could be cases where individual weak congregations may have covered it up.
But that is not the JW religion fault--it is individuals fault.
And yes as it stands 99% houses( eternal life) are on fire, so out of love for Jehovah, Jesus and ones fellow man--- a JW knocks.
The world hated it back then as well in Jesus day. As far as to fill their hearts with hatred to kill everyone of them they could. Because the followers of this world, Jesus taught to be no part of--must fit in.
If it was more than a few congregations, would that be a deal breaker for you? What evidence would you accept?


Do you think my heart is full of hate? I disagree that these men are anybody to tell me God is going to harm me. Because I think they are full of crap means I have hate? Why would I hate the people they are victimizing? Despite what they have told you, there are valid reasons for doubting what these men say. At least they are valid to me, maybe not to you. I will try to show you what I see, just like you try to do. Do you hate me for not seeing what you see? Why would you think I would? Nobody is out to get you k7. That is just more of their fear mongering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2016, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Missouri
661 posts, read 1,029,863 times
Reputation: 303
Proverbs 4:11 was mentioned previously as a reason why Jehovehs Witnesses revise their beliefs from time to time... That it's the truth becoming clearer and clearer as God reveals things in his due time.
That is why in the early days they celebrated Christmas and now they do not. However, some of their beliefs have changed and then reverted back to the original, not like a gradual revealing of light at all and one belief has undergone so many changes, it's more like Gods leading them a merry dance than revealing truth to them..

This prophecy by Jesus:

Matthew 24:34 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.'

This prophecy has had 11 different interpretations since the early 1900's, four of this since 1995, when they finally realized that Armageddon was not going to come before the end of the 20th century and that those who were alive in 1914 would not be the generation that would 'not pass away' before the end came.

It's ludicrous to think that God would keep feeding the 'faithful and discreet slave' the incorrect information time and time again on such an important subject. The JWs are like every other religion in that they have cherry picked he Bible to fashion their beliefs and the reason they say they are open to change is only because their predictions constantly fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 11:15 AM
 
1,506 posts, read 920,085 times
Reputation: 1994
Though I have no interest in becoming a JW, I think they are part of the American landscape. I have liked the humility of every practicing JW that I have ever met.

As for the non practicing JWs I have met- that is a totally different story. I think some were converts who quickly lapsed back into their old wild ways. Too bad for the JWs that some still identify as Witnesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 02:20 PM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
If it was more than a few congregations, would that be a deal breaker for you? What evidence would you accept?


Do you think my heart is full of hate? I disagree that these men are anybody to tell me God is going to harm me. Because I think they are full of crap means I have hate? Why would I hate the people they are victimizing? Despite what they have told you, there are valid reasons for doubting what these men say. At least they are valid to me, maybe not to you. I will try to show you what I see, just like you try to do. Do you hate me for not seeing what you see? Why would you think I would? Nobody is out to get you k7. That is just more of their fear mongering.



Why would you think I think that you hate me? I was speaking about Jesus' day--pretty dark back then.
I have seen--first hand what occurs when a paedophile is encountered--- it is not covered up.
At the end of the trib--- the world will be mislead to raise up against Gods chosen ones for patriotism( Rev 16) every kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) on the earth. not out of love. Then every kingdom will stand against Gods king. Obviously they will be blinded by hate to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 04:29 PM
 
Location: minnesota
5,251 posts, read 1,673,401 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Though I have no interest in becoming a JW, I think they are part of the American landscape. I have liked the humility of every practicing JW that I have ever met.

As for the non practicing JWs I have met- that is a totally different story. I think some were converts who quickly lapsed back into their old wild ways. Too bad for the JWs that some still identify as Witnesses.

How do you know very many JWs? Most people that leave are actually people born ins who leave at a rate of 66%, converts only leave at a rate of 33%. It is too bad they still identify as witnesses. They haven't deprogrammed themselves yet. Mind control is some powerful stuff. There really weren't that many weird people I noticed growing up. You are right though, the weird ones were the converts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 04:31 PM
 
Location: minnesota
5,251 posts, read 1,673,401 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Why would you think I think that you hate me? I was speaking about Jesus' day--pretty dark back then.
I have seen--first hand what occurs when a paedophile is encountered--- it is not covered up.
At the end of the trib--- the world will be mislead to raise up against Gods chosen ones for patriotism( Rev 16) every kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) on the earth. not out of love. Then every kingdom will stand against Gods king. Obviously they will be blinded by hate to do that.

Oops! I just assumed because of the scripture you posted and on account of me saying the Governing Body are full of crap. I thought you would think that was hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Missouri
661 posts, read 1,029,863 times
Reputation: 303
The JWs have a very big problem with child abuse, because of the two witness rule and in the past not being reported to the authorities.

For example:
Jehovah's Witnesses 'fostered distrust' of secular authority

They are also paying out some very big settlements to victoms too:

https://www.revealnews.org/article/c...ahs-witnesses/

So paedophilia has been covered up. These are real cases, not just anecdotal, and when brothers and sisters in the congregation have complained, they have been told to keep quiet and been threatened with disfellowshipping, with the result that others are unaware that there is a child molester in their midst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,262 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
The JWs have a very big problem with child abuse, because of the two witness rule and in the past not being reported to the authorities.

For example:
Jehovah's Witnesses 'fostered distrust' of secular authority

They are also paying out some very big settlements to victoms too:

https://www.revealnews.org/article/c...ahs-witnesses/

So paedophilia has been covered up. These are real cases, not just anecdotal, and when brothers and sisters in the congregation have complained, they have been told to keep quiet and been threatened with disfellowshipping, with the result that others are unaware that there is a child molester in their midst.
Again, I am unsurprised.

Any organization which prizes itself so highly about being "apart" from the rest of humanity and which is secretive and which has an authoritative, paternalistic power structure and docile, subservient women is a recipe for rampant, covert sexual abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 10:12 PM
 
Location: minnesota
5,251 posts, read 1,673,401 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Again, I am unsurprised.

Any organization which prizes itself so highly about being "apart" from the rest of humanity and which is secretive and which has an authoritative, paternalistic power structure and docile, subservient women is a recipe for rampant, covert sexual abuse.
Part of the problem is that they honestly believe that God is somehow protecting them. If the pedophile doesn't confess the matter is "left in Jehovah's hands". Why go to the police when you have God on the case? I have even seen current witnesses online that know there is some abusers getting caught but they believe that is because God is bringing these things to light and will handle it. They many times make the victim face their accuser in a room full of men and state what happened. The men that are set up to investigate are often times friends of the accused. There is no counseling or women involved in the process. They victim can even be accused of wrong doing and shunned(did you enjoy it). On top of that they believe that if they go to the police they are bringing shame on God because it puts the organization in a bad light with Satan's government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top