U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 10:05 PM

661 posts, read 1,030,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
That's usually what occurs to one who listens to a one sided story. The JW,s know exactly what takes place so don't fool yourself. I have read many apostate materials--everyone had lies in them. As Gods word put--ones like that have turned back to their own vomit.
I didn't listen to a one sided story. I know what JWs know and what they are fed and how they are controlled. I was a JW for nearly 40 years, an elder for some of them. I am not disfellowshipped or disassociated. I didn't return to any vomit. I left because the governing body lied, about their history in the proclaimers book, because they lied about the generation prophecy, because they lied in their literature when they told a young boy of 11 in a 1968 Awake magazine article that he would never be able to fulfill a career in the world, that the end was coming in a few years if not months, so it was pointless getting a college education, that he would never need a pension. It was a mistake, yes, but also a lie that affected many lives.

I would like to know what you think about all those changes to the generation prophecy interpretation and what lies were told by the Australian Royal Commision who identified over 1000 cases of child abuse over the past 5 decades, none of which were reported to the authorities, or is that all lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 12:46 PM

20,597 posts, read 22,756,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
brain washing cult who will steal your money.
Can one really steal from the willing?

Old 02-26-2016, 02:40 PM

4,077 posts, read 1,459,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
I didn't listen to a one sided story. I know what JWs know and what they are fed and how they are controlled. I was a JW for nearly 40 years, an elder for some of them. I am not disfellowshipped or disassociated. I didn't return to any vomit. I left because the governing body lied, about their history in the proclaimers book, because they lied about the generation prophecy, because they lied in their literature when they told a young boy of 11 in a 1968 Awake magazine article that he would never be able to fulfill a career in the world, that the end was coming in a few years if not months, so it was pointless getting a college education, that he would never need a pension. It was a mistake, yes, but also a lie that affected many lives.

I would like to know what you think about all those changes to the generation prophecy interpretation and what lies were told by the Australian Royal Commision who identified over 1000 cases of child abuse over the past 5 decades, none of which were reported to the authorities, or is that all lies?

Yes they made errors in teaching, because it wasn't yet the proper time--do you understand the statement--the proper time?= When God wills a truth known.
I saw firsthand--parents are counciled to go to the authorities if they want to press charges. Or take the avenue of forgiveness--- see the world stands in judgement if one practices--forgiveness, because in their hearts they have already condemned one on a one sided story. And lack the love Jesus spoke about in this satan ruled system.
Seems to me the JW,s won in Australia courts.
If one stands in opposition to Jesus real teachers--they are as well standing in opposition to Jesus and God as well-Luke 10:16) and is 100% for sure an apostate.

Old 02-27-2016, 12:17 AM

So you are saying that there could be many more teachings that may need to be changed because new light will show they are wrong? Even though we are 100 years into the time of the end, it is not yet the 'proper time' for Jehovah to reveal the true meaning behind some fundamental teachings?

This means that what is being taught is not the truth. For example, in the last century the Awake magazine had the masthead that said that the new system would come before the end of the 20th century. We told people that in the door to door work. It was not the truth. It was false. Yet Jehovah allowed this lie to be told all the way through the 20th century until 1995 when it was changed? The Generation prophecy has changed 11 times altogether! What makes you think that the present interpretation is correct? They've altered it 3 times this century! When do you think the 'proper time' will be for Jehovah to reveal the correct interpretation of this extremely important teaching?

Old 02-27-2016, 12:26 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses 'fostered distrust' of secular authority

'A damning submission to the royal commission on child sexual abuse has recommended 77 adverse findings against the Jehovah’s Witnesses in Australia.

It was open to the commission to find the church fostered distrust of secular authorities and its response to child sexual abuse fell short of best practice, counsel to the commission Angus Stewart QC found in his submission, published on Tuesday.

Since 1950 the church has received 1,066 allegations against its members and did not report any of them to police.'

Jehovah's Witnesses won in Australia?? If that's what you glean from reading this then you truly are lost my friend.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:02 AM

Please tell me which one of these self condemning quotes from the JWs literature is a lie?

FORENSIC ANALYSIS: The Governing Body as Lying Liars who Lie...

If you can show me conclusively that any of this is lies, I will accept it. One thing I have learned since leaving the JWs is to have an open mind and to realize that I may not always be right. When I was a Witness my cognitive dissonance made me deny truth because it didn't agree with what the Governing Body said. Watching them on the JW.ORG channel has made me angry that I let these strange men dictate my life for so long.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:24 PM

4,077 posts, read 1,459,976 times
Quote:
So you are saying that there could be many more teachings that may need to be changed because new light will show they are wrong? Even though we are 100 years into the time of the end, it is not yet the 'proper time' for Jehovah to reveal the true meaning behind some fundamental teachings?

This means that what is being taught is not the truth. For example, in the last century the Awake magazine had the masthead that said that the new system would come before the end of the 20th century. We told people that in the door to door work. It was not the truth. It was false. Yet Jehovah allowed this lie to be told all the way through the 20th century until 1995 when it was changed? The Generation prophecy has changed 11 times altogether! What makes you think that the present interpretation is correct? They've altered it 3 times this century! When do you think the 'proper time' will be for Jehovah to reveal the correct interpretation of this extremely important teaching?

You fail to realize--Jehovah knows exactly what he is doing. I know this--the weak minded--left when new light came. So possibly that is the purpose--
Only Jehovah knows when its the proper time--but rest assured--light is very bright now and time is running out.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:56 PM

Haha..exactly what they told us in the 1970's.
Just around the corner, time is running out.

Don't you realize you are being fed exactly the same stuff generations of JWs have been indoctrinated with? Keep you busy, in fear, the end imminent, only one source for salvation, classic cult indicators.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:01 PM

So Jehovah despises the weak minded? He wants to weed them out, obliterate them? I thought he loved the weak and depressed?

Old 02-27-2016, 07:12 PM

5,294 posts, read 1,682,081 times
Quote:
So Jehovah despises the weak minded? He wants to weed them out, obliterate them? I thought he loved the weak and depressed?
I am pretty sure that is what they mean by "the right heart condition". I was only 7 in 1975. I vaguely remember people talking about wondering if they should buy a winter coat and then soon after a lot of people being gone. I was angry with my mother for awhile because I felt like she lied to me about the 1975 thing by not telling me. I now understand how cognitive dissonance works so whatever. My mom shunned me 2 years ago after a 27 year fade. It seems like they are cracking the whip with the shunning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality