U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 07:51 PM

21,260 posts, read 20,865,688 times

Advertisements

More and more all the time, I am finding that JWs seem to have a very condescending view towards other Christians. Also, I have found that when I am talking to a JW in a thread, I absolutely, positively have to let him have the last word. There is no such thing in their minds as "agreeing to disagree." I used to actually stick up for them every chance I got, simply because I know what it feels like to be picked on by "real Christians." Being in the position of the "underdog" myself, I tried to always try to step in when I feel like they were being bullied. I'm sure there are some genuinely nice JWs. Maybe they just don't hang out on internet religion forums much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 09:35 PM

23,263 posts, read 12,056,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
More and more all the time, I am finding that JWs seem to have a very condescending view towards other Christians. Also, I have found that when I am talking to a JW in a thread, I absolutely, positively have to let him have the last word. There is no such thing in their minds as "agreeing to disagree." I used to actually stick up for them every chance I got, simply because I know what it feels like to be picked on by "real Christians." Being in the position of the "underdog" myself, I tried to always try to step in when I feel like they were being bullied. I'm sure there are some genuinely nice JWs. Maybe they just don't hang out on internet religion forums much.
I've never come across a nice one - here or in rl. They all seem to be bitter, dark-spirited souls who see only the worst in life, and in others.

They waste their lives in a silly, superstitious hope of having an extra-special afterlife denied 99% of the rest of the world.

Their whole life is based on delusion.

Very sad and borderline evil.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:33 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I've never come across a nice one - here or in rl. They all seem to be bitter, dark-spirited souls who see only the worst in life, and in others.
They waste their lives in a silly, superstitious hope of having an extra-special afterlife denied 99% of the rest of the world.
Their whole life is based on delusion.
Very sad and borderline evil.
I would concur in my experience as well. Very dark and decidedly unfree belief system. They completely missed the Freedom in Christ and the joy of loving God and each other. Very sad and dark hearts, IMO.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:20 PM

661 posts, read 1,029,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
. I now understand how cognitive dissonance works so whatever. My mom shunned me 2 years ago after a 27 year fade. It seems like they are cracking the whip with the shunning.
Sorry you have to experience that L8.

My wife points out that the Witnesses always harp on about one of the 'signs of the end' is people having no 'natural affection' and yet they prove that they have no real love for family time and again by shunning their children or other relatives for the rest of their lives unless they come back. A recent study found that shunning is equivalent to physically harming someone.

This Is Your Brain on Rejection

Old 02-28-2016, 01:27 PM

4,053 posts, read 1,452,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
Haha..exactly what they told us in the 1970's.
Just around the corner, time is running out.

Don't you realize you are being fed exactly the same stuff generations of JWs have been indoctrinated with? Keep you busy, in fear, the end imminent, only one source for salvation, classic cult indicators.

Men are so blind--they come on these boards pretending to know what the bible teaches--yet they live in darkness--Do you know Jesus????? Which is the cult to him???

Mark 3:24-26--a house divided( 33,000 trinity based religions) will-NOT-stand

A worldwide brotherhood, unified in love, peace, and thought-no division-1Cor 1:10)

its not too difficult to see unless one sees like this-2Cor 4:4

Old 02-28-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Sorry you have to experience that L8.

My wife points out that the Witnesses always harp on about one of the 'signs of the end' is people having no 'natural affection' and yet they prove that they have no real love for family time and again by shunning their children or other relatives for the rest of their lives unless they come back. A recent study found that shunning is equivalent to physically harming someone.

This Is Your Brain on Rejection

Well in the ot--it was instant death for a family member--is that what you would rather have? Keep complaining maybe God will give you your wish.
How many times I have seen disfellowshipped--point the finger everywhere but where it belongs--at self.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
So Jehovah despises the weak minded? He wants to weed them out, obliterate them? I thought he loved the weak and depressed?

Its more likely if one leaves because of an error in teaching--its their heart condition not their mind. A true servant--does not leave. How about when the followers were told they had to be thrown to the wild hungry animals in the collosium and shouldn't fight back and harm their fellow man--where would you be?
Where would you be if they beat the crap out of you, humiliated you, put a crown of thorns on your head, spit in your face, drove spikes through your flesh---could you say--forgive them Father, they know not what they do--My king could. And he did--the only king worth serving.

Old 02-28-2016, 04:47 PM

661 posts, read 1,029,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Well in the ot--it was instant death for a family member--is that what you would rather have? Keep complaining maybe God will give you your wish.
How many times I have seen disfellowshipped--point the finger everywhere but where it belongs--at self.
Wow! Lets hope you never have children who leave the religion! Just the New Testament preventing you from picking up some stones to kill your child because they don't believe in your religion.

It's scary to think you can just write those words so easily, without really thinking what you just said. And also talking to me with the assumption that I believe in God.

I'd rather have a religion that followed the parable of the Prodigal son and runs out to welcome erring ones back no matter what they did, instead of making them wait months, having to go to meetings all that time while still being shunned, before being allowed back in. By the way, can you show me where that is in the Bible? While you're at it, please show me where private judicial committees are mentioned too?

I'm feel truly sorry for you and hope that one day you will wake up.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:49 PM

5,251 posts, read 1,674,745 times
Quote:
Wait...you're disfellowshipped?!? Even I'm not DFed. That is so sad that they tossed you out and you still think it's you or me that have done something wrong.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:54 PM

5,251 posts, read 1,674,745 times
Quote:
How do you think God would communicate that wish? That's part of the reason I keep up with what's going on. Cracks are starting to show and most think it will just be a slow bleed until the WT is a small group of hard core JWs. There is some speculations that the command would come down to drink the koolaid. Pretty far fetched but possible. If they WT told you to kill apostates would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality