U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 06:10 PM

23,381 posts, read 12,092,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Wait...you're disfellowshipped?!? Even I'm not DFed. That is so sad that they tossed you out and you still think it's you or me that have done something wrong.
You misread.

He said he's "seen disfellowshipped..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 06:25 PM

5,256 posts, read 1,680,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You misread.

He said he's "seen disfellowshipped..."
I do that a lot.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:27 AM

4,072 posts, read 1,458,972 times
Quote:
How do you think God would communicate that wish? That's part of the reason I keep up with what's going on. Cracks are starting to show and most think it will just be a slow bleed until the WT is a small group of hard core JWs. There is some speculations that the command would come down to drink the koolaid. Pretty far fetched but possible. If they WT told you to kill apostates would you?

Killing is not allowed. Satans puppets order--killing. If you think koolaid is in store--you seriously lack bible knowledge.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Wait...you're disfellowshipped?!? Even I'm not DFed. That is so sad that they tossed you out and you still think it's you or me that have done something wrong.

I am not disfellowshipped--learn to read.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:23 AM

661 posts, read 1,030,540 times
Killings in the Bible, not including the flood

God: approx 2,500,000

Satan: 10

Armageddon : Killings according to JWs

God, if he had brought it 20 years ago : 5 billion

God, bringing it now: 7 billion

Number of extra Jehovahs Witnesses 'saved' in last 20 years: 1-2 million

So 2 billion extra die so that 2 million can be saved? Not good math on Gods part. He just appears to like killing humans.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:24 AM

5,496 posts, read 6,436,544 times
I am annoyed, that some of them have the temerity to think it is their right to trespass on my private property, to intrude and disturb my rest in order to impose their ideas on me*. I am amused when they seem surprised that I do not take kindly to their intrusions. Often, it is a young person accompanied by an older person, and I am even more amused when I ask a question that causes the younger person to begin thinking and questioning. The older persons generally tend to not appreciate my efforts in this regard, and it is amusing to see the expressions on their faces.

I also find it amusing that it took them 6 or 7 years to finally figure out that it might be better to avoid me, rather than risk my causing the youngsters to start thinking for themselves.

***(There is a reason why I choose to live way back in the woods, down a rutted dirt road that at times is impassable without a 4x4...though it has also been amusing, on occasion, to observe the attempt to drive a little, low-slung 2WD sedan through a mud bog that has been known to eat Jeeps.)

Old 03-01-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
Killings in the Bible, not including the flood

God: approx 2,500,000

Satan: 10

Armageddon : Killings according to JWs

God, if he had brought it 20 years ago : 5 billion

God, bringing it now: 7 billion

Number of extra Jehovahs Witnesses 'saved' in last 20 years: 1-2 million

So 2 billion extra die so that 2 million can be saved? Not good math on Gods part. He just appears to like killing humans.

Actually God desires all to repent--its they who outright refuse.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:15 AM

97 posts, read 34,693 times
ted08721
Well if Jesus and the apostles Peter, John and Paul came knocking would you feel the same???
After all it IS WHAT JESUS said they were to do. Even Popes feel an admiration for the gospel being preached the way Witnesses do.
The present Pope had convened a group to investigate if they could learn and copy their methods. In 2015.
☺☺☺☺☺

Old 09-03-2016, 08:21 AM

34,653 posts, read 42,792,739 times
I think they are mostly nice, caring people, but I do not understand why anyone would need to branch off into a weird cult religion when there are dozens of established Christian varieties already.
I see nothing wrong with op attending, but she should know that her cousins are probably filling a quota by reeling her in. That is why the JWs go door to door.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:09 PM

852 posts, read 572,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think they are mostly nice, caring people, but I do not understand why anyone would need to branch off into a weird cult religion when there are dozens of established Christian varieties already.
I see nothing wrong with op attending, but she should know that her cousins are probably filling a quota by reeling her in. That is why the JWs go door to door.
Gentlearts, the true reason JWs go door to door is in recognition of what Jesus taught. Its shows love for neighbor. There are no brownie points for bringing x number of people in. Are we happy when someone dedicates their life to God, of course. It's no different than any other person or people who sincerely believe in their faith. I'm sure even atheists feel good about someone joining their ranks and being "free from the shackles of religion."

Some Bible scriptures:

Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”-Matthew 28:19,20

"And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."-Matthew24:14

Some people wonder is there any Biblical basis for door to door activity:

"And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus."-Acts 5:42

"while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house."-Acts 20:20

JWs arent the only ones that go door to door. I've been visited by Mormons. I've even been visited by members of the local Catholic parish in my former neighborhood who randomly went out inviting people to attend church. I'm a former Catholic but it doesn't offend me. I understand they are trying to follow what Jesus said to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality