U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2016, 04:10 PM

4,069 posts, read 1,457,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
I'm still not seeing how a prohibition against eating live animals relates to transfusion. Do you?

The prohibition wasn't because of blood in and of itself, it was because they were still alive - the use of blood in the passage was merely a way of expressing in the Hebrew language that the animal was still alive.

No one eats live animals--they were dead--its against Gods law to take in blood--any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 04:15 PM

4,069 posts, read 1,457,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Not that you're going to believe me, I suppose, but cigarettes were always harmful and have always contained nicotine and nicotine byproducts which are carcinogenic when smoked. It just wasn't recognized until gradually over the last half of the 20th century the junk "science" done by the tobacco companies was finally exposed by the work of activists.

It sounds like you guys have some alternate-universe conspiracy theory about it ... I guess the intrigue with Big Tobacco wasn't sufficient for you.

If you know 100% for sure then you should be able to cite evidence to support your belief. Hint: the above tobacco story isn't evidence. It's an anecdote which is clearly false.

No govt or corporation that have love in their hearts would put poison that kills humans into the products they sell to them-- Tobacco wasn't that bad unless abused terribly--one still lives 60 years with the poisions added.

No others on earth were warned before the poisions were added.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:32 PM

481 posts, read 166,370 times
I must leave you wonderful people to your own resources. I have not seen anything here that will shake my faith in the Truth of God's Word, and to be in company with apostates is a dangerous situation for me to be in.

I have enjoyed most of the discussion, not the sarcasm and ill infrared comments; although most of the ill informed showed me that many just malign the Jws because it seem to be "good sport" to do so.

I may drift into a less controversial forum here, for some thought exchange.

Love one another, Just a Jesus loved us, in that he gave his life so that man may redeem his sinful state to gain everlasting life in a Paradise New World. The heavenly Kingdom is already ruling God's People.

Thank you, and now you moderators can breathe a sigh of relief.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:37 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,356,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
I must leave you wonderful people to your own resources. I have not seen anything here that will shake my faith in the Truth of God's Word, and to be in company with apostates is a dangerous situation for me to be in.

I have enjoyed most of the discussion, not the sarcasm and ill infrared comments; although most of the ill informed showed me that many just malign the Jws because it seem to be "good sport" to do so.

Love one another, Just a Jesus loved us, in that he gave his life so that man may redeem his sinful state to gain everlasting life in a Paradise New World. The heavenly Kingdom is already ruling God's People.

Adios!

--signed

Someone who would be dead if we were all forced to be JW's

Old 10-25-2016, 06:06 PM

21,282 posts, read 20,893,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God sees things well in advance of mortals, Like smoking cigs for example---Right before the govt allowed the corporations to put poision into tobacco my teachers were warned in advance by God and told all they had to quit smoking.
That's fascinating. I wonder why God didn't tell the Jehovah's Witnesses until "right before the government allowed the corporations to put poison into tobacco." He told the Mormons not to smoke back in 1838.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:32 PM

5,256 posts, read 1,679,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That's fascinating. I wonder why God didn't tell the Jehovah's Witnesses until "right before the government allowed the corporations to put poison into tobacco." He told the Mormons not to smoke back in 1838.
Jehovah made smoking a disfellowshipping offense in 1973. During that same time he considered organ transplants cannibalism. He changed is mind of that in 1980. I actually remember that because there was a teenage guy in another congregation that needed a kidney transplant and his brother was a match. I remember people talking about it because many times "personal decision" is code for "frowned upon".

Unacceptable

Watchtower 1967 November 15 pp.702-704
"Sustaining one's life by means of the body or part of the body of another human... would be cannibalism, a practice abhorrent to all civilized people. ... It is not our place to decide whether such operations are advisable from a scientific or medical standpoint. ... Christians who have been enlightened by God's Word do not need to make these decisions based simply on the basis of personal whim or emotion. They can consider the divine principles and use these in making personal decisions as they look to God for direction, trusting him and putting their confidence in the future that he has in store for those who love him."

Watchtower 1975 September 1 p.519
"A peculiar factor sometimes noted is a so-called 'personality transplant.' That is, the recipient in some cases has seemed to adopt certain personality factors of the person from whom the organ came."

Acceptable

Watchtower 1980 March 15 p.31
"There is no Biblical command pointedly forbidding the taking in of other human tissue . It is a matter for personal decision "

So Jehovah must have warned them about the smoking and the same time he was warning them about picking up personality traits from corneas. I'm sure some JW died upholding that mandate.

It seems Jehovah was also quite the anti vaxxer back in the day too.

Watchtower Quotes Regarding Transplants

Old 10-25-2016, 07:31 PM

23,377 posts, read 12,085,923 times
Quote:

I'm not surprised.

He had no game -- and finally realized it.

Perhaps that realization will be the first domino to topple him toward reality.

We can hope.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:08 PM

14,070 posts, read 8,571,536 times
Quote:
... to be in company with apostates is a dangerous situation for me to be in.
Thanks for the compliment! :-)

Old 10-25-2016, 10:42 PM

37,545 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Quote:
Bye. Being in the presence of truth is always dangerous for those who are being deceived. The JW doctrines are devoid of truth and unnecessarily dangerous to their members, IMO.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:57 PM

13,485 posts, read 4,425,152 times
I am not a JW, but they have a right to their beliefs. Think the last time someone from JW knocked on my door was about 9 or 10 years ago. I think I said I had things to do, no time to talk and had no plans to change my religious beliefs, but was polite and told them to have a nice day. They were not pushy; they got the message and did not ask "when would be a good time to return?". Could be they got enough new recruits and stopped going door to door in my area. I am fine with that. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality