U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-07-2016, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Northeastern US
14,070 posts, read 8,576,448 times
Reputation: 6006

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I know these facts--Revelation has been passing before the worlds eyes for many years--its near its conclusion. Written over 1900 years ago, proving God inspired the words in the bible.
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-07-2016, 03:05 PM
 
4,072 posts, read 1,459,976 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.



Even many living in darkness knows 100% it is passing before our eyes, yet do not know the truth of it and how close to the conclusion it is. Only the real teachers of Jesus' had these truths revealed through them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2016, 05:43 PM
 
Location: at the foothills of the cascades, washington
204 posts, read 94,946 times
Reputation: 244
I wish I could find some jehovah's witnesses to put their money where there mouth is. if the system is ending as near as you say it is....can I have all your money when it never comes to pass?

Kind of like how my devout jw mother decided to spend all my college fund money because she was convinced armageddon would happen before I reached college age. and now here I am, old enough where if I had had a child of my own they would be almost college age. still waiting for the "end times" but im not holding my breath lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Status: "Phlegmatic." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,383 posts, read 12,098,827 times
Reputation: 10666
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Even many living in darkness knows 100% it is passing before our eyes, yet do not know the truth of it and how close to the conclusion it is. Only the real teachers of Jesus' had these truths revealed through them.
Robotic drone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2016, 06:25 PM
 
10,524 posts, read 4,151,710 times
Reputation: 1194
I think of them as worker bees really.

wish I had the energy and malice to take a group of people like them over. I actually had one of them bring me a top guy in his church. The dude ran six of them or something. They thought i was an angle or something. I told him to go pound sand and don't hurt anybody with that book. I looked at him and pointed to this guy next to me "Don't hurt this man or those like him with that book."

The first guy was a nice guy, a simple man, seeking answers. To bad he found them, but I had nothing to offer him but "it is what it is."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2016, 06:28 PM
 
10,524 posts, read 4,151,710 times
Reputation: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post
I wish I could find some jehovah's witnesses to put their money where there mouth is. if the system is ending as near as you say it is....can I have all your money when it never comes to pass?

Kind of like how my devout jw mother decided to spend all my college fund money because she was convinced armageddon would happen before I reached college age. and now here I am, old enough where if I had had a child of my own they would be almost college age. still waiting for the "end times" but im not holding my breath lol
she spent her money. I agree, stupidity, but it was hers. sorry man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2016, 07:25 PM
 
Location: minnesota
5,266 posts, read 1,682,081 times
Reputation: 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post
I wish I could find some jehovah's witnesses to put their money where there mouth is. if the system is ending as near as you say it is....can I have all your money when it never comes to pass?

Kind of like how my devout jw mother decided to spend all my college fund money because she was convinced armageddon would happen before I reached college age. and now here I am, old enough where if I had had a child of my own they would be almost college age. still waiting for the "end times" but im not holding my breath lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPQf9Fwnrs0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Status: "Phlegmatic." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,383 posts, read 12,098,827 times
Reputation: 10666
Of all the many wrong religions, theirs is the most pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2016, 10:04 AM
 
3,488 posts, read 3,153,023 times
Reputation: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I know these facts--Revelation has been passing before the worlds eyes for many years--its near its conclusion. Written over 1900 years ago, proving God inspired the words in the bible.
Riiiight.

That's why the JWs have had to backtrack on every single one of their apocalyptic predictions. Oh, what's that punishment in Deuteronomy for false prophets again? Was it.... death?


The problem is that JWs and fundamentalist Christians don't know how to properly read Revelations - they think it's about THEM and our time. It's very clearly not. But you need to be semi-literate to understand that it was written for early Christians concerning Rome. The early Church Fathers didn't want to include this book in the canon, because they KNEW there would be bumpkins who misread the book. But they did eventually - to the delight of conspiracy theory religious nuts everywhere, and my personal annoyance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2016, 04:15 PM
 
4,072 posts, read 1,459,976 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Riiiight.

That's why the JWs have had to backtrack on every single one of their apocalyptic predictions. Oh, what's that punishment in Deuteronomy for false prophets again? Was it.... death?


The problem is that JWs and fundamentalist Christians don't know how to properly read Revelations - they think it's about THEM and our time. It's very clearly not. But you need to be semi-literate to understand that it was written for early Christians concerning Rome. The early Church Fathers didn't want to include this book in the canon, because they KNEW there would be bumpkins who misread the book. But they did eventually - to the delight of conspiracy theory religious nuts everywhere, and my personal annoyance.



You seem confused on the reality of the matter--apostates say it was false prophecy--here are the facts.
Jehovah himself who gave the revelation to Jesus made the prophecy of Har-mageddon--thus a real life prophecy, not a false prophecy--the only error was trying to put a date on a real life prophecy.
A false prophecy is something someone made up by themselves that God didn't make up.


Rev is about our time-0 doubt-- The two horned beast of Rev 13 had to be in place--it is, We have watched Rev 13 occurring for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top