U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-30-2016, 01:07 PM
 
4,058 posts, read 1,455,780 times
Reputation: 272

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
and no the JW was not started by God it was started by Charles Taze Russell originally they called themselves Bible Students before changing tier names to Jehovah's Witnesse. Charles was part of the millerite movement that produce the seventh day adventist church. and like many other american based cults the millerites had roots in the stone campbell Restorationist movement in the 1800s.


no try and answer my questions why JW impose restictions under threats of shunning and eternal punishment WITHOUT quoting the bible



Jesus started his religion. no mortal did.
MR. Russell exposed many trinity lies and corrected them.
Gods view of a cult= Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided( 33,000 trinity religions) will not stand.
Jesus started one single religion-1Cor 1:10


What restrictions are they you speak of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2016, 01:12 PM
 
37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesuus did NOT start ANY religion. He came to correct the abject barbarism, ignorance and lack of agape love among our brutal ancestors with their absurd religious beliefs. He came to reveal the TRUE NATURE of God to barbarians and paid the price of their ignorance (sins) by scourging and crucifixion. But His love for us all, including His brutal torturers and murderers, unambiguously revealed the true nature of God toward us all. He smote no one and said God IS agape love so He is not counting our sins (ignorance, missing the mark) against us. Upon His death, Christ's Holy Spirit (human consciousness) was "born again" as Spirit. His Holy Spirit is available to us all within our consciousness as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." Worldly religion with its rules and condemnations are anathema to God. He just wants us to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The Pharisees saw a new religion-Acts 24:5-- Called it -- a spearhead of the sect of the Nazarene-- Plus Jesus speaks to 7 congregations( church) in Revelation---Israelites do not attend a church congregation--they attend synagogues and temples.
You are insane to believe our sins are not being held against us. If they weren't no one ever needs to die and pay the wages of sin then, oh but they do. As well the bible is clear--the righteous wash their robes-WHITE. And ONLY the righteous will enter Gods kingdom. The rest who were taught by your teachers will hear these words from Jesus at judgement--Matt 7:21-23--- they do not want to hear those words--a worker of iniquity = a practice of sin( willfull).
Jesus showed us what God wants us to BE! If we are just following rules and condemning each other for sin thinking we will get some reward or avoid some punishment then our FRUITS do NOT reflect who we ARE and what our character IS. If what we DO is not Voluntary and WITHOUT concern for rewards or punishments, then it is USELESS to God. Our FRUITS must be the result of our character and agape love for God and each other, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2016, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Toronto, Canada
1,425 posts, read 1,144,459 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus started his religion. no mortal did.
MR. Russell exposed many trinity lies and corrected them.
Gods view of a cult= Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided( 33,000 trinity religions) will not stand.
Jesus started one single religion-1Cor 1:10


What restrictions are they you speak of?

Jesus's religion is not the JWs

Mr Russel made several failed predictions


cults are mind control group that think they are right and use threats of punishment to prevent people from leaving. also cults forbid their members from questioning their teachings like the JWs

some examples of restrictions

more here

https://jwvictims.org/beware-the-cul...ahs-witnesses/

oops i forgot you are not allowed to read that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 01:09 PM
 
4,058 posts, read 1,455,780 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Jesus's religion is not the JWs

Mr Russel made several failed predictions


cults are mind control group that think they are right and use threats of punishment to prevent people from leaving. also cults forbid their members from questioning their teachings like the JWs

some examples of restrictions

more here

https://jwvictims.org/beware-the-cul...ahs-witnesses/

oops i forgot you are not allowed to read that



I have read many things by apostates--There were lies in every one of them. Their hearts turn to bigotry towards the JW,s--every one of them that cannot stand back up, point the finger everywhere but where it needs to be pointed--at self.
In the ot if one disobeyed God, many punishments were instant death, no chance to repent--You wouldn't want that to still be the judgement would you? Disfellowshipping, one can still repent. A much more loving way for all involved. Some do stand back up, others turn to apostasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 01:16 PM
 
4,058 posts, read 1,455,780 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus showed us what God wants us to BE! If we are just following rules and condemning each other for sin thinking we will get some reward or avoid some punishment then our FRUITS do NOT reflect who we ARE and what our character IS. If what we DO is not Voluntary and WITHOUT concern for rewards or punishments, then it is USELESS to God. Our FRUITS must be the result of our character and agape love for God and each other, period.



So then, trying to show the mislead, they will miss out on entering Gods kingdom is needed then. Its no different than one walking down the street at 2 am and find their neighbors house on fire--does one knock or keep going???? I knock.
Jesus demanded to be obeyed( rules= the will of God)--Gods word says every one who does not obey the teachings of Jesus, remain in Gods wrath.
I am not condemning one for their sins, Gods word has already judged that, I am exposing the lying religions that are the fire burning down my neighbors house. Eternal life is on the line--One must know truth-John 4:22-24--and it is abundant now here in these last days( Daniel 12:4)


So is your post telling me to keep on walking?????? What kind of love is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Toronto, Canada
1,425 posts, read 1,144,459 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I have read many things by apostates--There were lies in every one of them. Their hearts turn to bigotry towards the JW,s--every one of them that cannot stand back up, point the finger everywhere but where it needs to be pointed--at self.
In the ot if one disobeyed God, many punishments were instant death, no chance to repent--You wouldn't want that to still be the judgement would you? Disfellowshipping, one can still repent. A much more loving way for all involved. Some do stand back up, others turn to apostasy.
all you are doing is repeating what the JWs and allowing then to tell you what to think

if thy are lies what evidence you have to debunk them?

the only sin you can commit and you cannot repent is blaspheming the holy spirit. I guess the JWs didn't tell you that.

and i am still waiting on you to answer y questions on why JWs are not allowed to vote, run for office, who thy can associate with threats of eternal punishment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 09:47 PM
 
37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus showed us what God wants us to BE! If we are just following rules and condemning each other for sin thinking we will get some reward or avoid some punishment then our FRUITS do NOT reflect who we ARE and what our character IS. If what we DO is not Voluntary and WITHOUT concern for rewards or punishments, then it is USELESS to God. Our FRUITS must be the result of our character and agape love for God and each other, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
So then, trying to show the mislead, they will miss out on entering Gods kingdom is needed then. Its no different than one walking down the street at 2 am and find their neighbors house on fire--does one knock or keep going???? I knock.
Jesus demanded to be obeyed( rules= the will of God)--Gods word says every one who does not obey the teachings of Jesus, remain in Gods wrath.
I am not condemning one for their sins, Gods word has already judged that, I am exposing the lying religions that are the fire burning down my neighbors house. Eternal life is on the line--One must know truth-John 4:22-24--and it is abundant now here in these last days( Daniel 12:4)
So is your post telling me to keep on walking?????? What kind of love is that?
You are not listening. We are NOT supposed to ENFORCE what God wants from us, period. If it is NOT VOLUNTARY, it is of no value to God. What about that do you not get??? It has nothing to do with warnings. Your shunning and disfellowshipping are attempts to FORCE on others what you think God wants from us. That is evil because it thwarts what God actually wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2016, 12:57 PM
 
4,058 posts, read 1,455,780 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
all you are doing is repeating what the JWs and allowing then to tell you what to think

if thy are lies what evidence you have to debunk them?

the only sin you can commit and you cannot repent is blaspheming the holy spirit. I guess the JWs didn't tell you that.

and i am still waiting on you to answer y questions on why JWs are not allowed to vote, run for office, who thy can associate with threats of eternal punishment



Yes I do listen to Jesus' real teachers--its required of every mortal-Luke 10:16)


Few repent, because some false teacher assured them-- you are saved or born again. Repentence = the total stopping of the doing of a sin.


The JW,s don't vote, because Jesus taught us to be no part of this world.
There is no such thing as eternal punishment. Deut 30:19-- All who know God, know it already. He set before all--life or death--nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2016, 01:02 PM
 
4,058 posts, read 1,455,780 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are not listening. We are NOT supposed to ENFORCE what God wants from us, period. If it is NOT VOLUNTARY, it is of no value to God. What about that do you not get??? It has nothing to do with warnings. Your shunning and disfellowshipping are attempts to FORCE on others what you think God wants from us. That is evil because it thwarts what God actually wants.



Those who rebelled in the ot= instant stoning to death--be glad God changed that---I wouldn't wish that on my family members, At least with disfellowshipping, that one can still repent.
They are given every opportunity to repent -FIRST-- if they refuse--they deserve to be disfellowshipped. God said don't even eat a meal with such ones like that. Jesus taught ones own family members could become-enemies( spiritually)--Ones family members are not offering eternal life in Paradise--only God is. Is it worth missing out on( Gods kingdom)-- standing up for an unrepentant family member=NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2016, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Toronto, Canada
1,425 posts, read 1,144,459 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Yes I do listen to Jesus' real teachers--its required of every mortal-Luke 10:16)
JWs do not follow the teachings of Jesus


Quote:
Few repent, because some false teacher assured them-- you are saved or born again. Repentence = the total stopping of the doing of a sin.
JWs was created by false teachers and is controlled by false teachers


Quote:
The JW,s don't vote, because Jesus taught us to be no part of this world.
but your JWs have no problems using the court system when you don't get what you want

What We Owe Jehovah's Witnesses | HistoryNet

JWs hate thE world so much that THE attained NGO status at the UN

Watchtower Society - United Nations NGO Status 1992




There is no such thing as eternal punishment. Deut 30:19-- All who know God, know it already. He set before all--life or death--nothing else.

Matthew 25:46


Parallel Verses
New International Version
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

New Living Translation
"And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life."

English Standard Version
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Berean Study Bible
And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Berean Literal Bible
And these will go away into eternal punishment; but the righteous into eternal life."

New American Standard Bible
"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

King James Bible
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top