U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2016, 07:01 AM

14,070 posts, read 8,562,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Bible truth shows clearly--Michael is Jesus. The blind teachers cannot see it.
It is easy to claim people who don't agree with the interpretation you subscribe to are blind. That's just declaring victory by fiat instead of actually presenting a case. In this particular instance you should be arrested for torturing a Bible verse, really. But every sect has a few verses they take captive and take a contrarian position on in order to derive their particular distinctives that make them different from other sects. This doctrine is in part what makes the JWs special, just like everyone else.

Last edited by mordant; 12-25-2016 at 07:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 07:14 AM

1,425 posts, read 1,143,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Bible truth shows clearly--Michael is Jesus. The blind teachers cannot see it.
Jesus is not an angel proving once again your JWs don't follow Jesus nor the bible.

“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him [Jesus], to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bore record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.”
• Revelation 1:1–2

Author of Revelation told not to worship angels

“And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things. Then said he [the angel] unto me, ‘See you do it not: for I am your fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.’”
• Revelation 22:8–9

Jesus is better than the Angels

“Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time,
[1] ‘You are my Son, this day have I begotten thee’? [2] And again, ‘I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son’? [3] And again, when he brings in the firstbegotten into the world, he says, ‘And let all the angels of God worship him.’
And of the angels he says, ‘Who makes his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.’ But unto the Son he says, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever [literally, the age of the age or the greatest age]: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.”
• Hebrews 1:3–8

Old 12-25-2016, 04:35 PM

4,569 posts, read 2,266,902 times
Angels are mortal as mortal-angelic Satan is to be destroyed by Jesus - Hebrews 2:14 B

Jesus, on the other hand, was gifted or granted immortality by God according to John 5:26
So, because of Jesus' faithful death, then, Jesus was given immortality ( life within oneself )
Those humans too of Revelation 20:6 will also be made better than mortal angels because they too will become death proof.
The heavenly resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him according to Revelation 3:12

Old 12-27-2016, 01:18 PM

4,053 posts, read 1,453,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Jesus is not an angel proving once again your JWs don't follow Jesus nor the bible.

“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him [Jesus], to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bore record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.”
• Revelation 1:1–2

Author of Revelation told not to worship angels

“And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things. Then said he [the angel] unto me, ‘See you do it not: for I am your fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.’”
• Revelation 22:8–9

Jesus is better than the Angels

“Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time,
[1] ‘You are my Son, this day have I begotten thee’? [2] And again, ‘I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son’? [3] And again, when he brings in the firstbegotten into the world, he says, ‘And let all the angels of God worship him.’
And of the angels he says, ‘Who makes his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.’ But unto the Son he says, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever [literally, the age of the age or the greatest age]: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.”
• Hebrews 1:3–8

Rev 1:1--a revelation to Jesus which God gave to him--see that--2 beings there, 1 is God,one is Jesus= not God. Jesus is the firstborn of all creation--created direct first and last, then all other things created through him, that makes him--Gods master worker of Prov 8--see vs 22--The being whocame to earth and was named Jesus as a mortal is speaking prov 8--notice vs 22--produced( created) me as the beginning( creation) of your way. Michael is Jesus. Michael is the one who came to earth and was named Jesus--there was no Jesus in the OT. Yet he was 2nd in command always--It is Michael who stood up for the sons of Daniel( Israel)Dan 12:1--

The archangel is better than the other angels. He is leader of them. As well was a prince, but upon his successful completion of his time on earth sometime( rev 6) after his ascention, he was crowned king. Since it is 100% truth, God is king of eternity, Jesus would already be king if he were God, but Jesus had to be appointed king. By the one he taught was greater than him--his God and Father.

Last edited by kjw47; 12-27-2016 at 01:29 PM..

Old 12-27-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
It is easy to claim people who don't agree with the interpretation you subscribe to are blind. That's just declaring victory by fiat instead of actually presenting a case. In this particular instance you should be arrested for torturing a Bible verse, really. But every sect has a few verses they take captive and take a contrarian position on in order to derive their particular distinctives that make them different from other sects. This doctrine is in part what makes the JWs special, just like everyone else.

Proof of who is who--Dan 12:4--these hidden truths became abundant here in these last days. The teachings were already in the bible, but since truth of them was hidden, mortals still had to teach those teachings, yet not a single one knew the truth about what God hid from them, until these last days. That means--errors were taught on those truths all through the centuries. The only way to get those truths to the world was to --make corrections of error teachings. The whole supposed Christian world has watched that occur, yet condemn the revealers of those truths as false teachings-WHY? Because they say--those teachings weren't taught all along---they couldn't possibly be taught all along--so one can chalk it up to darkness on their parts for their lack of understanding of Dan 12:4--Even Gods angels desired to peer into those truths-1Pet 1:12--if angels didn't know them, no mortal on earth knew them prior to these last days. Correction HAD to be made--it was, then rejected by 99% of all claiming to be Christian.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 559valleyboy View Post
Very cultish religion born of freemasons in the 18th century. Real close ties to 7th day.

So says those who do not know God or his son.
The same ones who teach eternal hellfire when this is the reality God set before all = Deut 30:19= life or death----nothing more.
The blind guides who teach---Jesus is God--yet the Facts of the bible prove the opposite. Like this fact---- God is king of eternity-- Jesus had to be appointed king of Gods kingdom( Dan 7:13-15)-- If Jesus were God he already would be king, and no one could appoint him.
But then Jesus must hand back the kingdom to his God and Father and subject hi mself forever= 1Cor 15:24-28

The facts are with the JW teachers.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:06 PM

37,500 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Quote:
Very cultish religion born of freemasons in the 18th century. Real close ties to 7th day.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:52 AM

204 posts, read 94,744 times
Quote:
Please. I was raised in the "truth". The truth is jehovahs witnesses and all other organized religion is the actual satan they profess against.
Yep sure is! Except of course that Satan doesn't exist

Old 12-29-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Please. I was raised in the "truth". The truth is jehovahs witnesses and all other organized religion is the actual satan they profess against.

You err--99% of all religion on earth is satans--one belongs to Jesus. The facts of it all, prove 100% the JW religion is the one Jesus is the head of.
I have over 50 years in my search, how about you?

Old 12-29-2016, 02:37 PM

10,277 posts, read 10,383,387 times
Quote:
It would be out of character (in the extreme!) for the Freemasons to be involved in any way with the formation of a religion. Please post some links to verifiable information about that. Charles Taze Russell wasn't even a member of the Freemasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality