Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 05:34 PM

19,994 posts, read 13,475,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The JW,s don't vote, because Jesus taught us to be no part of this world.
If you are not part of this world why are you on the world-wide web arguing with outsiders? Why do you pay taxes, or work? How exactly is voting more a part of "the world" than those things?

Why do you wear clothes like all us worldly people? I've seen worldly people eat Big Macs. Why do you do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 12:52 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
If you are not part of this world why are you on the world-wide web arguing with outsiders? Why do you pay taxes, or work? How exactly is voting more a part of "the world" than those things?

Why do you wear clothes like all us worldly people? I've seen worldly people eat Big Macs. Why do you do that?

Questions no true follower needs an answer to.

I am not arguing, I am planting seeds. I state facts.
Jesus taught us to pay taxes--pay caesers things to caeser and Gods things to God.
As well the bible teaches-- do not break their laws, then they will have no reason to imprision one.
Yes--all must work and go to school--so that isn't what Jesus was talking about--he was talking about the satan ruled things--govts are one of them- 2Peter 2:19-- would a follower of Jesus, our king, cast a vote for corruption= no. Would they kill for corruption = no. would they run for corrupt govt positions = no.
Here is how Jesus feels about the govts of men= Dan 2:44)
Hollywood, music, video games--all run on violence, the occult, immoral sex--- ruled by satan. This is apart of the world Jesus taught to be no part of. along with--drunkenness, drug addiction, hatred, fornication, adultery, homosexuality, greed, lying, stealing, coveting, spiritism, idolatry, false god worship. Pagan practices in the worlds celebrations.( the majority, practice these things)--- that is why--Jesus taught---FEW will find the road that leads off into life( in Gods kingdom)

Old 12-03-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
JWs do not follow the teachings of Jesus

JWs was created by false teachers and is controlled by false teachers

but your JWs have no problems using the court system when you don't get what you want

What We Owe Jehovah's Witnesses | HistoryNet

JWs hate thE world so much that THE attained NGO status at the UN

Watchtower Society - United Nations NGO Status 1992

There is no such thing as eternal punishment. Deut 30:19-- All who know God, know it already. He set before all--life or death--nothing else.

Matthew 25:46

Parallel Verses
New International Version
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

New Living Translation
"And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life."

English Standard Version
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Berean Study Bible
And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Berean Literal Bible
And these will go away into eternal punishment; but the righteous into eternal life."

New American Standard Bible
"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

King James Bible
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

God is love--merciful, forgiving---not a sadist who throws justice away( Deut 32:4) and punishes little mortals for eternity for 70-90 years of unrepented sin. It was symbolism---- For the value of what each one lost who were cast into the lake of fire( destruction)-- As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, those miss each new day-eternally, it never ends.

In everysight, like this one, I begin with 6 teachings from Jesus--those 6 teachings prove the JW teachers are correct. If you knew what Jesus taught, you would already know that fact. I advise you strongly to learn what Jesus actually taught--- because the bible is clear--those who do not obey Jesus remain in Gods wrath. That means obey every single teaching.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:44 PM

632 posts, read 748,394 times
Once I calmly detailed what would befall anyone from their organization who came back on my property, I believe they grokked things perfectly. In the past 20 years, they have never been back. I'm cool with that.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:08 PM

19,994 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
[Jesus] was talking about the satan ruled things--govts are one of them- 2Peter 2:19-- would a follower of Jesus, our king, cast a vote for corruption= no. Would they kill for corruption = no. would they run for corrupt govt positions = no.
I would cast a vote against corruption, or at least to reduce it. There are anti-corruption laws and anti-corruption initiatives that are worthy efforts for example.

You can abandon government to its worst impulses if you want. I'm not going to.

In my experience the JWs along with most Christian fundamentalists are so pessimistic about their fellow humans that they abandon the influence for good they could be in the world.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:29 PM

234 posts, read 162,039 times
Ive always found it strange how most jws ive known are not very involved with bettering their communities. for instance, I know many churches that at least open their doors at night to use as a temporary homeless shelter or have soup kitchen/food bank programs for the needy. jws? nope. they are content to just go around spreading their "good news" because armaggedon is coming any daaaaay now. but what about helping the poor? I thought that was one of jesus's big things he was about

Old 12-03-2016, 08:21 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post
Ive always found it strange how most jws ive known are not very involved with bettering their communities. for instance, I know many churches that at least open their doors at night to use as a temporary homeless shelter or have soup kitchen/food bank programs for the needy. jws? nope. they are content to just go around spreading their "good news" because armaggedon is coming any daaaaay now. but what about helping the poor? I thought that was one of jesus's big things he was about
You have a good point ^ above ^ about Jesus' teachings about helping the poor including when someone is in trouble as the injured man who was helped by the neighborly good Samaritan who helped him on a one-on-one basis.
In other words, that illustration showing we should widen out, or broaden out, in showing love on a one-on-one basis.
Jesus never set the example to set up soup kitchens,etc.
What was Jesus' main purpose but teaching about God's kingdom to others - Luke 4:43; Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8

If each person responded to the teaching of Jesus, and obeyed Jesus' New commandment of John 13:34-35 to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as he did. ( In other words, love others more than self ) would the community need shelters for the homeless, or would there be No homeless, etc. ?

I see www.jw.org newsroom has information about relief efforts done in disaster areas .

Old 12-04-2016, 09:39 AM

234 posts, read 162,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
You have a good point ^ above ^ about Jesus' teachings about helping the poor including when someone is in trouble as the injured man who was helped by the neighborly good Samaritan who helped him on a one-on-one basis.
In other words, that illustration showing we should widen out, or broaden out, in showing love on a one-on-one basis.
Jesus never set the example to set up soup kitchens,etc.
What was Jesus' main purpose but teaching about God's kingdom to others - Luke 4:43; Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8

If each person responded to the teaching of Jesus, and obeyed Jesus' New commandment of John 13:34-35 to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as he did. ( In other words, love others more than self ) would the community need shelters for the homeless, or would there be No homeless, etc. ?

I see www.jw.org newsroom has information about relief efforts done in disaster areas .
yea, true....at least they help with disaster relief efforts

Old 12-04-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post

Where as all that looks good, may just not be so.
Trinity religions--have charities--and as you said open the door to the needy--But fail Jesus and the needy 100%-- they seem to feel that a temp fix is all that is needed--yet Jesus gave all 100% for free the permanent fix, yet those fail to share Jesus' fix along with the temp fix. Which is this--Matt 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
One needs to ask--Why wouldn't they share what Jesus taught when they claim to be his teachers on earth??????
The JW teachers teach that teaching to every single member for free. They will teach it to anyone for free.
The world need not forget--Gods word teaches--Those who do not obey Jesus( every single teaching learned and applied) remain in Gods wrath.
Jesus' real teachers make sure every teaching is learned.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I would cast a vote against corruption, or at least to reduce it. There are anti-corruption laws and anti-corruption initiatives that are worthy efforts for example.

You can abandon government to its worst impulses if you want. I'm not going to.

In my experience the JWs along with most Christian fundamentalists are so pessimistic about their fellow humans that they abandon the influence for good they could be in the world.

Many voted--no drunk driving, no illegal drugs, no paedophilia, no murder--did they stop it= NO-- Gods kingdom will stop it all.
You better read rev 16-- its coming--Every kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) on this earth will be mislead by 3 inspired expressions to stand in opposition to Jesus. The result--Dan 2:44)

There is no better good one can do than to spread the good news of Gods coming kingdom. The sayings of eternal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality