Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 01:25 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
John 20:28-29, "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:9

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works." ( John 14:10)

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], My Lord and my God. John 20:28

...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:4

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 John 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 - And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Thomas was confused.
Yes the one sent forth by Gods hand--the Messiah---not apart of a three headed god.

Most on earth do not know the Father--John 5:30-- Acts 2:22--how it works. Jesus does 0 of his own will--he is the image--an image is never the real McCoy.
Jesus warned about those doing things against his true followers why? the name of Jesus is why--They stand up for that name, but as Jesus warned--do NOT know the one who sent Me-John 15:20-21-- so why cant those see the Father?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 12:25 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No. Having seen the link it absolutely NOTHING to do with your 'Jesus'. Perhaps you could explain how you think "it's all about Jesus". If we have the right stone, it's about Judea and the governor thereof...Gargilius Antiquus.
...and silence was the stern reply! They shoot themselves in the foot by displaying their staggering ignorance every time.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
---Jesus has a Father( God) and a mother( Mary)
That would make him a demi-god...

Old 02-08-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderchild View Post
Once again you reveal your ignorance of the scriptures.

Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore The LORD HIMSELF shall give you a sign! Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and HIS Name shall be called Immanuel"!

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His Name Immanuel, which being interpreted is, GOD with us!"

Not that The Messiah was "god", but TRUTH IS! "GOD was IN The Messiah seeking to reconcile the world unto HIMSELF(GOD)"! (II Corinthians 5:19)

The Messiah was and IS "The Only Begotten Son of Our FATHER and GOD(YES! even of those souls who yet continue to deny and defy HIM)"! (John 3:16)

Simply sad for you and all who are bound in the chains of "strong delusion" that are of this evil world and/or religions way(except it be The Active Faith as revealed in James 1:27)....... (II Thessalonians 2:10-13)

Yet while breath(Spirit, air) is, Hope IS!

For TRUTH IS! and Miracles do happen.......

HalleluYAH!

If you could actually read Hebrew you would see and know who this passage is talking about:

Yeshayahu- Isaiah - Chapter 7

14 Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel.

ידלָכֵן יִתֵּן אֲדֹנָי הוּא לָכֶם אוֹת הִנֵּה הָעַלְמָה הָרָה וְיֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרָאת שְׁמוֹ עִמָּנוּ אֵל:

Rashi's Commentary:

the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign: He will give you a sign by Himself, against Your will.

is with child: This is actually the future, as we find concerning Manoah’s wife, that the angel said to her (Judges 13:3): “And you shall conceive and bear a son,†and it is written, “Behold, you are with child and shall bear a son.â€

the young woman: My wife will conceive this year. This was the fourth year of Ahaz.

and she shall call his name: Divine inspiration will rest upon her.

Immanuel: [lit. God is with us. That is] to say that our Rock shall be with us, and this is the sign, for she is a young girl, and she never prophesied, yet in this instance, Divine inspiration shall rest upon her. This is what is stated below (8:3): “And I was intimate with the prophetess, etc.,†and we do not find a prophet’s wife called a prophetess unless she prophesied. Some interpret this as being said about Hezekiah, but it is impossible, because, when you count his years, you find that Hezekiah was born nine years before his father’s reign. And some interpret that this is the sign, that she was a young girl and incapable of giving birth.

If G-d was IN Jesus, that would be a "possession"...So, what makes your possession any different than any other?...And nowhere in your NT was Jesus "called" Immanuel...

And it say "young woman", not "virgin"...So, your Matthew is in error...But, what can you expect from a goy writing Matthew and not able to understand Hebrew...

Old 02-08-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
John 20:28-29, "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."
Well, I remember the day that you called me Lord and G-d....

Old 02-08-2017, 07:44 AM

136 posts, read 69,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

If you could actually read Hebrew you would see and know who this passage is talking about:

Yeshayahu- Isaiah - Chapter 7

14 Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel.

ידלָכֵן יִתֵּן אֲדֹנָי הוּא לָכֶם אוֹת הִנֵּה הָעַלְמָה הָרָה וְיֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרָאת שְׁמוֹ עִמָּנוּ אֵל:

Rashi's Commentary:

the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign: He will give you a sign by Himself, against Your will.

is with child: This is actually the future, as we find concerning Manoah’s wife, that the angel said to her (Judges 13:3): “And you shall conceive and bear a son,†and it is written, “Behold, you are with child and shall bear a son.â€

the young woman: My wife will conceive this year. This was the fourth year of Ahaz.

and she shall call his name: Divine inspiration will rest upon her.

Immanuel: [lit. God is with us. That is] to say that our Rock shall be with us, and this is the sign, for she is a young girl, and she never prophesied, yet in this instance, Divine inspiration shall rest upon her. This is what is stated below (8:3): “And I was intimate with the prophetess, etc.,†and we do not find a prophet’s wife called a prophetess unless she prophesied. Some interpret this as being said about Hezekiah, but it is impossible, because, when you count his years, you find that Hezekiah was born nine years before his father’s reign. And some interpret that this is the sign, that she was a young girl and incapable of giving birth.

If G-d was IN Jesus, that would be a "possession"...So, what makes your possession any different than any other?...And nowhere in your NT was Jesus "called" Immanuel...

And it say "young woman", not "virgin"...So, your Matthew is in error...But, what can you expect from a goy writing Matthew and not able to understand Hebrew...
Atypical atheistic catholic/christian response utilizing pagan greek letters that they themselves have never rightly understood, and so it is "each and every "biblical" translation IS biased and perverted in accordance with the religious dogma of the translators!

However, The FATHER and GOD of The Messiah and His brethren, HE IS ALIVE! And HE IS yet able to reveal ALL that is needful unto those souls who have Truly been "Born Again" of HIS Holy, Set Apart, SPIRIT! (John 20:17, John 3:3,7, I Peter 1:23)

Sadly, your ignorance of The TRUTH once again reveals that the only "god" you know is that which is revealed in your own vain "imag"inations. Yet such is the case for those who have never received "a love of The TRUTH so that they might be saved" from their own self("I",ego,id,pride)life....... (I Thessalonians 2:10-13)

For as The Apostle John testified, TRUTH IS! "No man has seen GOD at any time; HIS Only Begotten Son, which is in the bosom of The FATHER, HE has declared HIM! (John 1:18, I John 1:18)

As for your latin catholic version of the new covenant, it does state that The Messiah will be called "Immanuel" in Matthew 1:23.

And IT IS as The Messiah testified, "i can do nothing of my own self"! (John 5:19,30; 8:28-29)

For "Our FATHER and GOD", HE WHO RAISED THE MESSIAH FROM AMONG THE DEAD AND CAN NOT DIE, FOR HE IS SPIRIT)! And "GOD(HE WHO IS SPIRIT) WAS IN The Messiah seeking to reconcile the world unto HIMSELF(GOD)! (II Corinthians 5:19)

And Thankfully TRUTH IS! The SPIRIT that IS Our FATHER and GOD IS IN The "Born Again" brethren of The Messiah yet on earth, those souls who also seek and desire that which The Messiah sought and desired above all else:

"FATHER, not my will, But THY Will Be Done"! (Luke 22:42)

Yes! such needs be sought and desired MORE THAN this natural life itself"!

FATHER Help!

HE DID! and HE does.......

HalleluYAH!

Old 02-08-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Atypical atheistic catholic/christian response utilizing pagan greek letters that they themselves have never rightly understood, and so it is "each and every "biblical" translation IS biased and perverted in accordance with the religious dogma of the translators!

However, The FATHER and GOD of The Messiah and His brethren, HE IS ALIVE! And HE IS yet able to reveal ALL that is needful unto those souls who have Truly been "Born Again" of HIS Holy, Set Apart, SPIRIT! (John 20:17, John 3:3,7, I Peter 1:23)

Sadly, your ignorance of The TRUTH once again reveals that the only "god" you know is that which is revealed in your own vain "imag"inations. Yet such is the case for those who have never received "a love of The TRUTH so that they might be saved" from their own self("I",ego,id,pride)life....... (I Thessalonians 2:10-13)

For as The Apostle John testified, TRUTH IS! "No man has seen GOD at any time; HIS Only Begotten Son, which is in the bosom of The FATHER, HE has declared HIM! (John 1:18, I John 1:18)

As for your latin catholic version of the new covenant, it does state that The Messiah will be called "Immanuel" in Matthew 1:23.

And IT IS as The Messiah testified, "i can do nothing of my own self"! (John 5:19,30; 8:28-29)

For "Our FATHER and GOD", HE WHO RAISED THE MESSIAH FROM AMONG THE DEAD AND CAN NOT DIE, FOR HE IS SPIRIT)! And "GOD(HE WHO IS SPIRIT) WAS IN The Messiah seeking to reconcile the world unto HIMSELF(GOD)! (II Corinthians 5:19)

And Thankfully TRUTH IS! The SPIRIT that IS Our FATHER and GOD IS IN The "Born Again" brethren of The Messiah yet on earth, those souls who also seek and desire that which The Messiah sought and desired above all else:

FATHER Help!

HalleluYAH!
Yea...You are offensive...I think that you should be banned...You have know idea what you are talking about at all...That is your ignorance...

Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:

FATHER Help!

HalleluYAH!
By the way, I gave you the actual Hebrew Scriptures, not from your Christian edited Old Testament...

Old 02-08-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Yea...You are offensive...I think that you should be banned...You have know idea what you are talking about at all...That is your ignorance...
Sadly, TRUTH IS offensive unto those souls who have never "received a love of The TRUTH so that they might be saved"!

Simply sad for you.......

Yet while breath(Spirit,air) is, Hope IS!

For TRUTH IS! and Miracles do happen.......

HalleluYAH!

Old 02-08-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
By the way, I gave you the actual Hebrew Scriptures, not from your Christian edited Old Testament...
Most certainly the big "I(ego,id,self,pride)" needs die for The TRUTH to abide with the soul of mankind.......

Thankfully i am of "the ignorant and unlearned"!

FATHER Help!

For HE IS ALIVE! and HE yet communes with HIS children!

You "gave" me nothing but that which emanated from your own mind, not "The Mind that was in The Messiah"; He Who testified, "i can do nothing of my own self"! (John 5:19,30; 8:28-29)

As for your "blble(hebrew texts inclusive)"!

i have bore witness, and yet bear witness unto The TRUTH that speaks, "Each and every translation, of that which those of this world and/or religion's way call their 'bible(hebrew texts inclusive)', is biased and perverted in accordance with the religious dogma and/or worldly views of the translator(s)!

Yet religion was needful, and is yet needful for the natural man, those "disobedient and gain-saying (contradicting and opposing GOD) souls" who are "stiff-necked and uncircumcised of heart and ears"! For they would rather a man than "Our FATHER and GOD" speak to (Moses/prophets) and/or rule over (Saul/Kings) them....... (I Corinthians 2:14, Romans 10:21, Acts 7:51, Exodus 20:19, I Samuel 8:4-21)

"Come out from among them and be separate"!

Seek and desire to have your portion in "The Family of Our FATHER and GOD, of WHOM the whole Family in Heaven and ON EARTH IS named"! (Ephesians 3:16)

"A Household of Faith" indeed and TRUTH....... (Galatians 6:10, Ephesians 2:19)

And NEW "Jerusalem which IS above IS FREE! And IS !NOW! The Mother of us all("Born Again" sons(naturally male or 'fe'male) of Our FATHER and GOD)! (Galatiains 4:26)

HalleluYAH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality