Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2017, 10:38 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times

Advertisements

I think Jehovah Witnesses hurt people, although the more simple-minded of them may not realize it.

I think they destroy families.

I think the men who run the organization are evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 12:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,821,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
What some people love to do is judge. Judge an ethnicity or community and take as "the gospel" what I or others might post. If you are interested in knowing what JWs believe go to the website JW.org. You'll find JWs view on "shunning" as well as other polarizing topics like blood transfusions, politics, holidays, war, etc. It's a common refrain when people are on the offensive that JWs believe they are the only ones who will have an opportunity at eternal life (false) or they think everyone with the exception of themselves are going to hell (we don't believe hell is a Bible teaching..if you think the very word hell is found in the earliest copies of the Bible...think again...do some research) or that JWs refuse medical treatment (only blood) or hate gay and lesbians (Bible states respect all sorts of men (women) and the second greatest commandment which is love your neighbor as yourself, remember?). We are a cult because as a group there is an expectation that people will live up to the commitments they willingly chose to do when becoming a JW. We apparently disrespect the nations we live in because we choose to be neutral and avoid political conflict. As a group we strive to be law abiding, gainfully employed, avoid being tax cheaters, don't steal, kill etc in the nations that we reside in or are citizens of but apparently that doesn't matter because some people are more interested in displays of "good citizenship"rather than substance. Any one remember when Witnesses pulled their resources and proposed or supported legislation to take away people's attempts to secure rights for themselves or sought to ban Christmas displays or the Easter bunny or Halloween. We've had both religious and atheists individuals or organizations attempt to remove or ban or restrict activities, rights, or emblems they don't agree with.
Ever heard of paragraphs??

Old 04-28-2017, 05:53 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,901,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think Jehovah Witnesses hurt people, although the more simple-minded of them may not realize it.

I think they destroy families.

I think the men who run the organization are evil.

Words from a treacherous and desperate heart( Jer 17:9) looking through satans blinders( 2Cor 4:4) don't feel bad--99% chose that path. Its the 99% of families are being destroyed in reality.
False reasoning from within destroys families.
The wise JW teachers, like the Boreans, constantly make sure of all things and make correction if error is found--- on the otherside--the trinity scholars, know 100% they teach lies and like the Pharisees of Jesus day, outright refuse to make correction. And then their is troutdude trying to mislead as many as he can out of his false reasonings from within. Never should one being mislead and has no clue of what Jesus taught should ever try to speak of Gods things to others--they need to learn first.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You are doing a fine job revealing your ignorance, kjw. You don't even know what a "fact" is apparently, judging by the FACT that you use it when talking of the Bible and Jesus.

It is also super sad that you think so little of everyone who is not part of your religion. We are all just self serving, money grubbing, bound for hell sinners to you. That, my friend, is why your religion is garbage.

I share what Jesus taught, and you stand in opposition--- take a good look--take off your blinders( 2Cor 4:4)

I never said all were those things--your false reasoning made it up. I know many with loving hearts--they are just mislead.

You wont even agree to a single truth posted just because I am a JW-- I have seen many like you--its very sad.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Words from a treacherous and desperate heart( Jer 17:9) looking through satans blinders( 2Cor 4:4) don't feel bad--99% chose that path. Its the 99% of families are being destroyed in reality.
False reasoning from within destroys families.
The wise JW teachers, like the Boreans, constantly make sure of all things and make correction if error is found--- on the otherside--the trinity scholars, know 100% they teach lies and like the Pharisees of Jesus day, outright refuse to make correction. And then their is troutdude trying to mislead as many as he can out of his false reasonings from within. Never should one being mislead and has no clue of what Jesus taught should ever try to speak of Gods things to others--they need to learn first.
...and this is why religion, all religion, should be banned from the public arena folks.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:26 AM

628 posts, read 694,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regs4rl View Post
my cousins are JWs and they asked me to start going to their congregation with them. i would feel bad if i said no so i went ahead and told them i would go. i'm moving in 3 months anyway so what the heck. i personally don't believe in anything that their religion teaches nor am i even religious. i just figured i would humor them the last few months i'm here. so my questions: what do you think of JWs? and has anyone else done something similar to what i am doing just to please family or friends?

I would not accept the invitation, I would say no family or not! Recently, I was eating lunch in a local hospital cafeteria a lady came to my table to give me literature, I told her to put on table. I was offended she had no manners. I was not going to touch her papers with my clean hands. I left the papers on the table, she was a bit pushy. I know a person who has recently joined JW she has not approached me on her religion. My friend did tell me on Saturdays when they knock on doors, people will not open doors. My reply, do you blame them? In this day and time I am not allowing STRANGERS in my home. I did not get an answer...

Old 04-28-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delvalle View Post
Hi read the bible an you will see that like 5 or more religions are confuse about what they teach. I'm not religious at all.but I read the bible an like to follow it. Do this go to your room get on your knees. an ask the maker of heaven an earth to show you the way to hem. An if it don't work I'll pay you ca$h

millions have asked God for that. Yet not one can explain what a 7 headed beast with 10 horns is, or what the two horned beast is of Rev 13. Only the real teachers lead by Jesus know the facts about Rev.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and this is why religion, all religion, should be banned from the public arena folks.

Why--because the world hates truth like you do? They murdered Jesus, apostles and followers back then, because truth exposes all. They hated the truth Jesus brought--as do the majority today. That is how Jesus knew over 1900 years ago that his followers would be hated.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Why--because the world hates truth like you do?
No...because it produces people like you and pastor Gallaty.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2017/0...-put-to-death/

Quote:
They murdered Jesus, apostles and followers back then, because truth exposes all. They hated the truth Jesus brought--as do the majority today. That is how Jesus knew over 1900 years ago that his followers would be hated.
When you have proven the existence of your Jesus, then you will be in a position to tell us what he said, did or didn't do.

Last edited by Rafius; 04-28-2017 at 09:14 AM..

Old 04-28-2017, 11:48 AM

1,960 posts, read 1,917,644 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSofpcdjj_s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality