U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:38 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,672,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
you only know the bible therefore your knowledge is limited,not all men are evil and if you think that the All Loving Being is going to send his own children to an eternity of Hell just because they fell into temptation then you are suggesting that God Himself is evil,their is no justice in sending someone to eternal hell,and the probly the only reason why your a christian is because you fear this place,if you want to rabbit on about the bible then i suggest you go to a different thread
I know the Bible, and I personally know the Author. And I have had encounters with Him. So I am in a better position to comment on His reality, and His truth. And the God of the Bible has already told us, that it is appointed for man (ONCE TO BE BORN), and then to be judged. And the only people who go to Hell, are those have rejected His sacrifice. According to the God of the Bible, we have not always existed. And I would suggest, that belief is only a myth that some believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 07:34 PM

211 posts, read 334,145 times
What the heck IS a soul anyway? I've never understood why we have to have a magical transformation when we die. Is it because humans can't come to terms with the fact that death is death and the idea of a soul gives their life meaning and provides some comfort to them? If so that's nice but I cannot accept such a silly concept.

I challenge someone to tell me in a simple sentence what a soul is without using religious quotes or the word "spirit".

Old 03-19-2010, 07:49 PM

200 posts, read 258,581 times
You...is that simple enough?

Old 03-20-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortisha View Post
What the heck IS a soul anyway? I've never understood why we have to have a magical transformation when we die. Is it because humans can't come to terms with the fact that death is death and the idea of a soul gives their life meaning and provides some comfort to them? If so that's nice but I cannot accept such a silly concept.

I challenge someone to tell me in a simple sentence what a soul is without using religious quotes or the word "spirit".
A soul is kind of like a back up disk for the human body. It contains all the information, and remains with the body until the resurrection. The spirit, is not the same as the soul. And the spirit, is the real you. It can exist outside of the human body. On April 24, 1969. I for the first time experienced my spirit operate independently when I accidentally got caught on a 7,400 volt eletrical line. Even though I was unable to see with my physical eyes, and was laying face down on the ground. My spiritual eyes could see things that were just as clear, as if I were using my physical vision. And it was at that time, when I realized the reality of the human spirit. I can assure you, there is nothing silly about the concept. A human spirit does exist, for I have experienced it myself.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:53 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,930,857 times
Quote:

just as maybe not said- the soul is you-the soul is the lifeforce inside the body as i mentioned previosly the body is constantly changing-the cells are constantly dying but the soul does not go thru such changes and after say 70 years the body would have died about 10 times but YOU-who is the soul will still be the same person

this soul is not of the same energy as the body(the body is made of gross material elements-the soul is of a spiritual nature)it is eternal-cant be cut bye a sword or burnt bye fire or moistened bye water it is transcendental to the material elements

the soul can exist without the body but the body cant exist withouth the soul

you are not a body that posseses a soul but rather a soul that posseses a body

so basically as simple a term can be The SOUL is YOU

Old 03-20-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
As I said...all in the future...Prophesy fail.

Yes I know....All the prophesies from the old testament conveniently written and "fulfilled" in the new. Since the writers of the new read the old, they are not valid.....Prophesy ....EPIC fail.

As I said... all in the future...Prophesy fail?

Israel, (TODAY) is a nation. Jerusalem, (TODAY) is under Jewish control. Jerusalems East Gate, (TODAY) is connected to the Old East Gate, and sealed up. The only thing that has failed here, is your recognition of such obvious facts. You can't blame the writers of the New, or Old Testament for fulfilling the above prophecies. For these prophecies were fulfilled, (IN OUR TIME). And thousands of years after the writers of the Scriptures had passed away.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:50 PM

211 posts, read 334,145 times
To say that the soul is YOU is like saying a tree is a tree because it is a TREE. What the heck does that mean? I am a sentient being made up of atoms, molecules, DNA, RNA, genes, muscle, bone, on and on and on. This all integrates into what I percieve I am. All the explanations so far are no more than religious rhetoric. As for seeing the soul after a major electrical incident I would chalk that up to the brain's own electrical activity being severly disrupted and causing the person to experience what they did. No great leap of faith involved.

As for a life-force, does that mean that the lowliest bacterium has the life force too and therefor has a soul?

No winners so far.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:21 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,130,754 times
Quote:
To say that the soul is YOU is like saying a tree is a tree because it is a TREE. What the heck does that mean? I am a sentient being made up of atoms, molecules, DNA, RNA, genes, muscle, bone, on and on and on. This all integrates into what I percieve I am. All the explanations so far are no more than religious rhetoric. As for seeing the soul after a major electrical incident I would chalk that up to the brain's own electrical activity being severly disrupted and causing the person to experience what they did. No great leap of faith involved.

As for a life-force, does that mean that the lowliest bacterium has the life force too and therefor has a soul?

No winners so far.
The soul is not a material form. It is a spiritual form, therefore, you will not be able to see it or even know that it exists until you die or when you get in touch with the inner you. No one can prove it exists except you.

The soul is the real you, created out of Love for Love. There is nothing religious about a soul because God is not religious. The soul just is. Without it, you would be a mere animal.

You can pray for God to send His Divine Love into your soul and you will feel it. If you don't believe in God, then ok but you'll remain ignorant to the real you.

There is nothing in the material world that will afford a basis of comparison with the soul, and, hence, it is difficult for men to comprehend the nature and qualities of the soul by the mere intellectual perceptions and reason: and in order to understand the nature of this great creation - the soul - men must have something of a spiritual development and the possession of what may be known as the soul perceptions. Only soul can understand soul, and the soul that seeks to comprehend the nature of itself, must be a live soul, with its faculties developed to a small degree, at least. Jesus

Old 03-20-2010, 09:17 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,930,857 times
Quote:

No winners so far.
the soul is atomic in size -it spreads troughout the body as consioussness-consioussness is a symptom of the soul

every living thing is a soul also- right down to a single cell organism but the level of consioussness due to their material bodys are different- in time all living things will reach the human stage and have the intellegence to understand the higher truths -one of the very things that separate us from the animals

if you think that all you are is a bunch of chemicals floating around space then what your saying is is that your only really a glass of water since the body is mostly water just like every other body on the planet-and then you are also saying that youve already died a few times-but your still here arent you,its still you thats inside that completely different body that you had when you were born

matter and spirit are two diferent energys one is inferior the other is superior-without spirit-matter wont comre to life infact matter is always dead it is the presence of spirit that makes it appear to be alive but actually its not the body that is alive but the soul

when one becomes self-aware the first realization is that one realizes that hes not actually material but spiritual

Old 03-21-2010, 10:46 AM

200 posts, read 258,581 times
Quote:

No winners so far.
Are you self-aware? The soul is the being behind the sight.

When you were a child was it not you?
If you suffered from some mental trama would it not be you that "felt" it.

Do you feel? What does the feeling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality