U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 AM

211 posts, read 334,625 times

Advertisements

If a surgical team saw little flames anywhere during surgery it would immediately conclude equipment failure somewhere and swiftly correct what was wrong. It's seriously dangerous to have sparks or (Horror) flames in O.R. I would have thought the surgeon would have quickly called it to the attention of the team!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,932,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortisha View Post
If a surgical team saw little flames anywhere during surgery it would immediately conclude equipment failure somewhere and swiftly correct what was wrong. It's seriously dangerous to have sparks or (Horror) flames in O.R. I would have thought the surgeon would have quickly called it to the attention of the team!
i dont think the soul can be seen with material eyes-the soul is transcendendal but when a person dies and the life form is removed from the body their is an immediate change in the eyes after all the eyes are the windows of the soul

Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,135,262 times
Quote:
It's not literal flames but the soul is like a light so I'm sure that is what is meant.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:44 PM

6 posts, read 2,778 times
Default re

Quote:
I don't believe the little flame behind the heart thing - I had the opportunity to watch a heart transplant after being the nurse that took care of the woman who was the heart donor. She had been in 3-wheeler rollover accident and I had her in ICU for 12 hours until the recipient got there and they could do the surgery. I stayed another 6 hours to watch some of the surgery. I didn't see any flames anywhere when the hearts were removed.

And so now another question: If a person recieves a heart do they then have 2 souls?

I would say that you would have your own soul, and part of the other person's characteristics, because as you know, the heart contains neural tissue, so this will be incorporated into ur own system.

You can't have two souls.

I'll contend that the other person's soul is gone.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:53 PM

2,983 posts, read 2,402,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solve22 View Post
I would say that you would have your own soul, and part of the other person's characteristics, because as you know, the heart contains neural tissue, so this will be incorporated into ur own system.

Well, an idea could be a soul as well as a individual, couldn't it?

Old 04-30-2014, 06:58 AM

10,302 posts, read 10,399,595 times
Quote:

I'm sure you have some evidence that part of a person's characteristics (you know, things like soul, personality, likes & dislikes) comes from the blood pumping heart and not from the brain. I'm really anxious to see what you have to share with us.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:06 PM

37,553 posts, read 25,268,086 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality