Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:14 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times

Advertisements

Greetings all,

There's a lot of talk about this. I'm interested in all views on this--Christians and non-believers. What do you think this really is? Do you think this has anything to do with the mark of the beast? And most importantly would you take this "new" card why and why not? Below are links to the card.

DHS | Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: REAL ID (http://www.dhs.gov/xprevprot/laws/gc_1172765386179.shtm - broken link)

DHS: Remarks By Secretary Chertoff At A Press Conference On REAL ID (http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1172834392961.shtm - broken link)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 09:25 PM

124 posts, read 396,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Greetings all,

There's a lot of talk about this. I'm interested in all views on this--Christians and non-believers. What do you think this really is? Do you think this has anything to do with the mark of the beast? And most importantly would you take this "new" card why and why not? Below are links to the card.

DHS | Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: REAL ID (http://www.dhs.gov/xprevprot/laws/gc_1172765386179.shtm - broken link)

DHS: Remarks By Secretary Chertoff At A Press Conference On REAL ID (http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1172834392961.shtm - broken link)

Thanks!
I have no problem with it. Bring it own!

Old 06-01-2007, 09:38 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
hmmmmm....let me think about this for a minute........

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYY

Old 06-01-2007, 09:48 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post

kawgpz... you are tooooo funny!!

My reply is we'll probably have to have it. Now, I wouldn't consider it the mark of the beast as it doesn't have 666 and is not implanted/tattooed on your hand or forehead and it is not required for normal, everyday commerce (buying gas, groceries and the like).

Revelation 13:17 - "..so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name."

Revelation 14:9-10 - "A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury,..."

The same furvor arose when Social Security cards were first issued. We all have them, don't we However, let me add that this could be construed as the first steps towards a mark of the beast in the future.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:48 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post

Why so adamant kawgpz?? I don't really get it?
And I don't see how this is at all related to religion??

Old 06-01-2007, 09:53 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,509 times
Smile It's called a United State of America...

Quote:
Greetings all,

Thanks!
Official Passport; And I recommend that everyone should have one--legally...

Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Why so adamant kawgpz?? I don't really get it?
And I don't see how this is at all related to religion??
Because I would like to know what Christians and non-believers think about it. Are they planning to get the card, if not how are they going to handle that? Here's something that might shed light on people's decision.

"What does that mean for me?
Starting three years from now, if you live or work in the United States, you'll need a federally approved ID card to travel on an airplane, open a bank account, collect Social Security payments, or take advantage of nearly any government service. Practically speaking, your driver's license likely will have to be reissued to meet federal standards." (C|net News.com)

Old 06-01-2007, 10:03 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,509 times
Quote:
Because I would like to know what Christians and non-believers think about it. Are they planning to get the card, if not how are they going to handle that? Here's something that might shed light on people's decision.

"What does that mean for me?
Starting three years from now, if you live or work in the United States, you'll need a federally approved ID card to travel on an airplane, open a bank account, collect Social Security payments, or take advantage of nearly any government service. Practically speaking, your driver's license likely will have to be reissued to meet federal standards." (C|net News.com)

I think a new extremely difficult to counterfeit/duplicate Drivers License
is needed as a result of all the Moderator cut: offensive selling them in parking lots...

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-08-2007 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: edit offensive reference

Old 06-01-2007, 10:07 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
In my humble opinion, after following the v-chip industry, the RIFD, and now this, it is just a prelude to what will come, the mark of the beast.

Let's face it, we cannot change what Revelation says, it has to happen as laid out, and we are just witnessing the birth pangs of all that is to come.

This national ID card will just be another tool used to pave the way. Our children will not think twice about using one of these, so when they change to something else in the future, maybe with their children, they will simply go with technology. It won't be a big deal to them either. Let me say, the majority of people instead of all people.

I'm tired, I hope I am making sense with this.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
In my humble opinion, after following the v-chip industry, the RIFD, and now this, it is just a prelude to what will come, the mark of the beast.

Let's face it, we cannot change what Revelation says, it has to happen as laid out, and we are just witnessing the birth pangs of all that is to come.

This national ID card will just be another tool used to pave the way. Our children will not think twice about using one of these, so when they change to something else in the future, maybe with their children, they will simply go with technology. It won't be a big deal to them either. Let me say, the majority of people instead of all people.

I'm tired, I hope I am making sense with this.
Kind of. So, are you for it or against it and would you take the card?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality