U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:02 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,077,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am at a loss as to how to dig any deeper
Not surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 PM

80 posts, read 131,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If atheist can't prove that god doesn't exist, then how do monotheist prove that their is only one god?

Not an iota of difference in the fundamental teachings of the messengers:

Moses = To his Nation:

Shemalisten, or hear & do (according to the Targum, accept)
Yisrael
— Israel, in the sense of the people or congregation of Israel
Adonai
— often translated as "Lord", it is read in place of YHWH
Eloheinu
our God, the word "El" or "Eloh" signifying God (see also: Elohim), and the plural possessive determiner suffix "-nu" or "-enu" signifying "our"
Echad
— the Hebrew word for the number 1, which has the dual meaning "one" and "alone."

Jesus = To a learned man of Jews 1350yrs later (Word for Word):

Shemalisten, or hear & do (according to the Targum, accept)
Yisrael
— Israel, in the sense of the people or congregation of Israel
Adonai
— often translated as "Lord", it is read in place of YHWH
Eloheinuour God, the word "El" or "Eloh" signifying God (see also: Elohim), and the plural possessive determiner suffix "-nu" or "-enu" signifying "our"
Echad
— the Hebrew word for the number 1, which has the dual meaning "one" and "alone."

Mohammed = To Mankind 625yrs later:
— Say : "He is Allah, the One.
— Allah-us-Samad, Allah the Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need.
— He begets not, nor was He begotten.
— And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."
Echad / Ahad / One

Last edited by 301ouncer; 03-03-2010 at 06:22 PM..

Old 03-03-2010, 06:21 PM

80 posts, read 131,286 times

YouTube - The Divine Book - Intro (1/10)

Old 03-03-2010, 06:50 PM

301ouncer;

A beautiful piece of film, but it doesn't answer the question, since it only establishes the claim of the Abrahmic religions for the existence of one god and hardly provides any evidence to the veracity of that belief to the exclusion of all others.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:08 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,695,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Ummm... The universal field is practically a necessity given our current understanding(s) of physics. That's what The Higgs Boson (otherwise known as "The God Particle") and other theories like Superstring Theory seek to explain.
I'm confused again......(It happens more and more as I get older) but I was confusing the universal field theory with Mystic's idea of a universal consciousness.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:44 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,364,056 times
I know that I will receive a supercilious reply,but to a believer it is evident in their heart,to a non-believer it will take death to realize that it is more than Sheol as it will be Hades .

Last edited by noland123; 03-03-2010 at 08:00 PM..

Old 03-03-2010, 07:54 PM

37,546 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm confused again......(It happens more and more as I get older) but I was confusing the universal field theory with Mystic's idea of a universal consciousness.
Mystic's idea of a universal consciousness is currently the only candidate "source" for the universal field that has a known counterpart in reality (ours).

Old 03-03-2010, 08:06 PM

This is getting more delusional by the minute.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:50 PM

240 posts, read 336,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Ummm... The universal field is practically a necessity given our current understanding(s) of physics. That's what The Higgs Boson (otherwise known as "The God Particle") and other theories like Superstring Theory seek to explain.
They are never going to find the Higgs Boson because it doesn't exist. And your idea of a universal field is different than Mystics.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:50 PM

23 posts, read 38,023 times
Default You don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If atheist can't prove that god doesn't exist, then how do monotheist prove that their is only one god?
They don't. If they could prove the existence of god, there wouldn't be any atheists.

I think this is explained by saying that God designed (on purpose) that there would be no way to prove his existence. That's because Faith is so important. If you could prove the existence of God, you wouldn't need Faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality