U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,165 posts, read 8,082,015 times
Reputation: 2007

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I disagree, without out the ingredients and an reasonable explanation on how they got to the kitchen, you can't explain the cake.
You can explain how bread rises without explaining why yeast exists in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,514,496 times
Reputation: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Now that is too funny, since your entire argument is based upon attacking the source, i.e., science.
thats just it i have not attacked science
I have asked for proof from science about the origin of man.
Science can not conclusively prove the origin. thefact you think that is attacking science becasue i ask for science to prove it is intersting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,514,496 times
Reputation: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Wjtwet, science bases its claims on evidence through rigorous testing and scepticism. Religion bases its claims on unsubstantive personal biases and logical fallacies. Also, the fact that you think the evidence for evolution is scanty makes your claims rather questionable. Also, what is this alleged evidence for religion. Is it clouds?
has science through it testing proved the origin of man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,514,496 times
Reputation: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
So ancient religious texts with unproven stories are somehow equal to scientific concepts that have evidence to back them up? Pffffft.
Does science have the proof of where and what was the origin of man?
if so then show the origin of man. we both knwo science can not do that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,168,067 times
Reputation: 1973
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Does science have the proof of where and what was the origin of man?
if so then show the origin of man. we both knwo science can not do that

We know you don't *want* science to do that. Because since it is proven that man evolved from a prior ancestor, that destroys the idea that man is "special" or created in the image of and by design of a god. It presents the undeniable truth that humans are just another form of animal and that, by extension, you yourself are not special in the grand scheme of the universe. And you are afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,514,496 times
Reputation: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Yes, the source is suspect.

If you wish to read the scientific conclusions, and I don't think you do, they are readily available.

In this day and age, the only excuse for ignorance is purpose.

I have read *both* sides. I used to be a creationist, I used to argue against evolution.

But then I got one of those education thingys and discovered just how wrong I was. Study both sides. I did.
Scientific conclusions are only conclusions based on the belief of there facts
if science has ever proved where and what the origin of man is, i mean proof not theories then show me what form we evolved from show me the bones of the first man show me where he came from. Show me how he got there theistic proof.
You do not have that evidence . You can not show me what creature we evolved from, what pool we started in.
simply science can not prove it.
Nor can religion prove it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,514,496 times
Reputation: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
We know you don't *want* science to do that. Because since it is proven that man evolved from a prior ancestor, that destroys the idea that man is "special" or created in the image of and by design of a god. It presents the undeniable truth that humans are just another form of animal and that, by extension, you yourself are not special in the grand scheme of the universe. And you are afraid.
Actually if science proves man evolved from prior ancestor then my question woudl be prove where that ancestor come from.

I have never claimed ot be special and I am the only one seeing both sides
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 01:18 PM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,168,067 times
Reputation: 1973
I suppose you also believe gravity is false until every single apple falls from the tree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 01:31 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,066,870 times
Reputation: 14878
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
has science through it testing proved the origin of man?
You have a small problem, or should I say problems.

Earlier, you stated, based upon a Wikianswer quote (I'm trying not to snicker) that it is a misnomer than man ascended from apes, well man and apes are both decedents of the family Hominidae, in short biologist consider man to be just one highly evolved great ape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2010, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,684,539 times
Reputation: 12214
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Scientific conclusions are only conclusions based on the belief of there facts
if science has ever proved where and what the origin of man is, i mean proof not theories then show me what form we evolved from show me the bones of the first man show me where he came from. Show me how he got there theistic proof.
You do not have that evidence . You can not show me what creature we evolved from, what pool we started in.
simply science can not prove it.
Nor can religion prove it
Here is a bit of what science knows today.

Origins of Modern Humans: Multiregional or Out of Africa? (ActionBioscience)

Origin of Humans

Evolution: Humans: Humankind

Human Ancestors Hall: Tree

What religion claims to know....God did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top