U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 AM
 
354 posts, read 678,062 times
Reputation: 81

Advertisements

so accdg to the OP, muslims see Jesus as messiah and Son of God through virgin birth. But, Jesus did not resurrect from the dead. because He is not God. that the ONLY God is God the Father. gotcha. just like smith of mormons, muhammad is to muslim right? they are prophets? so they are in league of Jesus? accdg to those faith. i wonder who do they revere more? Jesus, or their founding prophets of their religion.

i think it is highly discrimanatory to generalize ALL muslims as terrorists. just like say ALL catholic priests are rapists and pedos. that's just laughable. to the OP, i dont see why muslims like you feel the need to constantly scream koran/islam/muslim is peace. a rational person KNOWS not to generalize.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2010, 08:50 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 1,992,320 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Prove that in the real world.
in the real world we can see the bad people and good people , we can see the bad muslims and the good muslims
when we say that islam is peacefull , then we means that peacfull muslims are the good followers for islam
some terrorsit may use the name of islam for their crimes , whatever from point of view of majority muslims they are crimers (dosn't mattar with us if they carry quran or praying as muslims , they are crimers from our point of view )

you asking about peacfull muslims in real world !!!
it's very simple question and very complex in the same time , in which level you asking , is it in personal level or political level or government's level or may be you asking about it theoritaclly


excusme , when you asking about islam then we answering with reference of what we should to do to be rightious and guided muslims .
if you don't like this answer , then your question incline to be political question not relegious one
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2010, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Dubai
241 posts, read 423,712 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The Jews reject the New Testament.

The Christians reject the Koran.

Muslims reject everyone that's left.

Film at 11:00.

Oh by the way, this is another reason why atheist reject them all.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
the thing is that we believe of all the books
but, we believe also that it been Distorted
and many people tried to do the same with the
Quran but Muslim scientists protects it
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2010, 12:03 PM
 
Location: In my Mind
276 posts, read 612,295 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quranist View Post
No,

The Jews left the Old Testament for the Talmud.

The Christians left the Gospel for the Trinity.

The Muslims left the Quran for the Hadith.

Torah, Gospel and Quran is from God. Talmud, Trinity and Sunnah is from man.

So who do you trust?
well Islam is a religion on its own that's why the Jews and Christians do reject it, no other better explanation it is just another religion. BMW and Mercedes are both German cars, well the difference is the maker and the engine efficiency are a real difference and both would not correlate to each other
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2010, 12:16 PM
 
354 posts, read 678,062 times
Reputation: 81
in short the diff religions were founded based on diff perceptions of the word of God. so to say we are right, you are wrong just does not make sense.

Last edited by baket; 03-27-2010 at 12:25 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2010, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Dubai
241 posts, read 423,712 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Sorry, I'm no neocon. All I wanted you to do was prove your statement, which you can't do by using circular logic. Of course the Koran holds the Koran to be the ultimate source--something would be wrong if it didn't. But the nice words written on paper don't seem to translate very well into the world we live in.

The whole thing is a matter of faith. And for people who haven't placed their faith in the Koran, you might as well be talking to a brick wall. The problem is that you aren't interested to let other people live according to their beliefs, and you don't seem to understand that the rest of us resent being on the receiving end of your proselytizing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ok fine
We just want the people around us
like Christians know that we are not
Terrorist and politic people as they say.
the Quran proof that we cant kill other people
.. for example start a war !!!
The Quran says (( [SIZE=5]Fight in the cause of God those who fight you not transgress, God does not love the aggressors))[/SIZE]
the problem is with Muslims some times and not with Islam " the religion "..... really !! now, come on you cant judge on more than 1.2 billion Muslim in the world
for 11 september
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2010, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Dubai
241 posts, read 423,712 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNobody View Post
Nobody is an angel, not sure what your point is. You obviously don't know anything about "Marxism, Stalin, WWI, or WWII". A lot of the Muslim/Arab countries aren't very supportive of the sciences and freedom in general, which is necessary for scientific breakthroughs, which is why they lack the power of other countries; to be honest that is probably a good thing as likely they would have dropped nuclear bombs on anyone who they don't like.

"Quran is a better argument" is purely a dogmatic statement; it subsists on lies, fear tactics and indoctrination of the youth. If it wasn't for 9/11 and other terrorist attacks, the U.S. invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan that is occurring now would never have flied in the United States. Bush used the 9/11 attack as an excuse to implement certain unconstitutional laws like the Patriot Act. If Bin Ladin had his way he'd wipe out every non-Muslim country out of existence. The United States has the atomic bomb and the fact that we haven't used it against countries that are clearly extremely hostile to us says we only want to resolve things in as peaceful a manner as possible, but Bin Ladin(or any other Muslim terrorist) doesn't really want to give us a choice in that matter. The war in the middle east is costing the United States billions of dollars; the soldiers don't want to be there; the citizens of the United States don't want the war, but Bin Ladin(Al Quada) and all the varying other Muslim terrorists groups want war and don't care who they hurt.

To be honest it sounds like you are supporting terrorism in the name of Islam, so you are a part of the problem.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
What?!
excuse me!!
Who told you that we don't know about old wars
like world war one and two ..... please wake up
we studied History and it's taking about these wars
and for the record our countries governments support the
sciences .. About the freedom what do you mean exactly
like "Cast away movie" .. what is the freedom in your
country to kill people?!! or to teat the Iraq prisoners like
*******?!!.... please open your brain
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2010, 07:05 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,299,884 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quranist View Post
But that argument is weak because Christians and Jews are not angels, to say the least. There has been far more killing by Jews and Christians(Marxism, Stalin, WW1, WW2 etc) than there has been Muslims killings. Of course the Christians had more resources and power that allowed them to do so.

So that argument won't exactly cut it since people like Bin laden say we are doing to them what they are doing to us.

So the Quran is a better argument.

Hmmmmm Well I will disagree on the violence part. Yes some Jews commit violent acts but historically massive violence and genocide has been done to the Jews not the other way around. Muslims and Christians historically have been the most violent.

I guess you are just one more Muslim who is in denial......
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,299,884 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quranist View Post
No,

The Jews left the Old Testament for the Talmud.

The Christians left the Gospel for the Trinity.

The Muslims left the Quran for the Hadith.

Torah, Gospel and Quran is from God. Talmud, Trinity and Sunnah is from man.

So who do you trust?

wrong, I study my Hebrew Scriptures and I attend a Torah group and most of the people I know do.

You have no idea what Jews do or don't do and you ought not be speaking of that.

You are no different then the other hate filled Muslims in the world....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2010, 07:15 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,299,884 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quranist View Post
Proof is in the Koran. I get this kind of a response from Neocons. Always.

Quran is not for peace like you are not for peace like Muslims are not for peace....
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top