U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:51 AM

15,159 posts, read 8,237,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
OK Jimmie, I apologise for trying to be more light-hearted. Now will you answer the questions?
I believe there are things in this world, in this universe that cannot be explained. Just because something seems impossible doesn't mean it can't happen. The creator of an object can always do things with that object that pieces of the whole cannot do.

God doesn't deal in "magic" as we might define it today. He has always used willing men & women to accomplish His will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 08:12 AM

13,881 posts, read 9,659,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I believe there are things in this world, in this universe that cannot be explained. Just because something seems impossible doesn't mean it can't happen.
So as predicted, your answer to the questions is 'god did it'?

Old 03-08-2010, 08:29 AM

1,839 posts, read 1,713,465 times
What amazes me is that people are still concerned about Noah... kinda weird, don't you think? The story of Noah was an embellished tale... because the flood was nothing more than any other flood that has happened on the earth since it was created by our Heavenly Father. There are errors in the Bible and this is just one of many. What you people need to wrap your minds around is the ultimate Truth that our Heavenly Father is DIVINE LOVE... and where there is this Divine Love, there is no hate, anger, vengeance, vindictiveness, or any other negative emotion.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 AM

3,772 posts, read 9,362,454 times
Quote:
You didn't capitalize the "G" as I agree with Jimmie.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
You didn't capitalize the "G" as I agree with Jimmie.
Sorry, I don't understand your post. What are you agreeing with Jimmie about?

Old 03-08-2010, 10:53 AM

2,616 posts, read 3,922,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Is God Guilty of killing instead of curing? Noah would say yes.
Though shall not kill.
Love thy neighbor as yourself.
God did the former and Noah did not do the latter.
As Noah watched all of his people drown, he must have been sickened by the sight of his God killing instead of curing His creations.
We play with the terms and conditions of genocide and as to it’s position of good or evil.
It seems to be evil for men but good for God.
Some justify God’s use of killing instead of curing to the fact, fact to them, that God created us and can damned well do what he likes with us.
Rather a poor use of God’s perfect creative talents but, what the hell.
If you were on a jury and had to decide on guilt or innocence for God and the use of genocide, what would you find, knowing that God had killed many times before and did not use some miracle to cure?
Guilty or not guilty of killing instead of curing?
Please state the main reason for your choice.

Regards
DL
People were evil and God had Noah preach to them, yet they refused to listen. God destroyed those who were evil before the flood. He closed the door on the Ark so the responsibility lay with God for the destruction of those evil people. Just think of it as capital punishment for a large group of people. Noah, new how evil they were. The cure was the punishment. God waited to see if they would repent and they did not.

After the flood there were several cities destroyed by God because of their evil. Namely Sodem and Gommorah.

Further God destroyed individuals that were evil like "Er" where we get the word "error" which means to wander. Er was evil and God slew him.

God even used the Israelites to destroy the evil nations that dwelt in the land, but God waited to see if any would repent. None did. God waited until "their evil was full". That means until there would be no repentance for their deeds.

God sent Jonah to Ninevah. However, Ninevah repented and God stayed from destroying Ninevah.

Since God is creator, all belongs to him. Since all belongs to him, he can be the judge of all. Since God is righteous, he is a righteous judge. A righteous judge will allow capital punishment to protect the other inhabitants of their Jurisdiction. God did this same thing protecting the innocent from the opressor. Today there are many who opress and do evil. God will one day judge all for their deeds that they have done.

God does heal and has healed many, but when it comes to the unrepentant heart, those who are evil, there comes a time when their lives must be cut short for the protection of others.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Yes! Like you, I don't see how it could have worked. Unlike you, I still believe it.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Since God is righteous, he is a righteous judge.
The whole nonsense is based on the most UNJUST of principles. That of punishing the children for the 'sins' of the fathers, and you call that righteous and just?? I'll retire to Bedlam!!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes! Like you, I don't see how it could have worked. Unlike you, I still believe it.
That says a lot bro!!

Old 03-08-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
That says a lot bro!!
Thank you for the compliment!

Matthew 5

11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality