Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:43 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Still you avoid it. Is your god omniscient? If he is, why did he create people when he knew damn well he would have to destroy them? It's quite a simple question fella.
Yes, but I don't have a complete understanding of the meaning of that, and you don't either.

When God created us, He didn't make robots. He gave us a choice to love Him back, or reject Him. These people made their choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 04:44 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I am not an expert on the original language, but others are. I seek their knowledge from time to time. The commentary was provided to illuminate the passage
You could at least have put it into your own words. Apologetics wont get you anywhere, there is something seriously wrong when you need several paragraphs of text to explain why your views don't line up with what's written.

Quote:
Yes it does. I posted the Scripture passages & commentary on those passages. Enoch warned them also.
What passages? You posted the "preacher of righteousness" line as if it literally meant "And then Noah travelled around the world to warn everyone and tell them that god was going to flood the earth". Noah was commanded to build the boat, not to travel the earth.

Quote:
ii) God is the Creator. He can do what He wants with His creation.
That is simply you being ruled by fear, you may turn a blind eye on injustices but murder is murder no matter who does the deed.

Quote:
i) Inherited sin (Romans 5)
Then Noah also deserved death and was not righteous. You said that people had a choice to stop sinning and be saved from this fate but now you are saying that they were doomed before they were even born? I'm sick of these contradictions.

Quote:
iii) Then how did Noah understand righteousness?
Pointing out your own plotholes eh? Here is something else you bought attention to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans 5
12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.
Quote:
iv) You're in no position to wag your finger at God.
Or what? He will drown me? That'll teach me for not thinking god is benevolent.

Again, if god murders then he is a murderer, if god lies then he is a liar, if god commits genocide then he is a maniac and a mass murderer.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:58 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
You could at least have put it into your own words. Apologetics wont get you anywhere, there is something seriously wrong when you need several paragraphs of text to explain why your views don't line up with what's written.

What passages? You posted the "preacher of righteousness" line as if it literally meant "And then Noah travelled around the world to warn everyone and tell them that god was going to flood the earth". Noah was commanded to build the boat, not to travel the earth.

That is simply you being ruled by fear, you may turn a blind eye on injustices but murder is murder no matter who does the deed.

Then Noah also deserved death and was not righteous. You said that people had a choice to stop sinning and be saved from this fate but now you are saying that they were doomed before they were even born? I'm sick of these contradictions.

Pointing out your own plotholes eh? Here is something else you bought attention to:

Or what? He will drown me? That'll teach me for not thinking god is benevolent.

Again, if god murders then he is a murderer, if god lies then he is a liar, if god commits genocide then he is a maniac and a mass murderer.
It won 't be drowning second time around as it will be the lake of fire who do not want a relationship with the Lord.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you mean here? The commentaries agreed with my assessment. I highlighted the pertenent sentences.

Quote:
I'll ask again. What do you think "preacher of righteousness" does? Another passage said Enoch did the same. You seem to be ignoring that. I don't blame you!

Quote:
Wrong! This shows your ignorance of Scripture. Noah had faith in God. Because of that, God considered him righteousness. Galatians 3.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:37 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
It won 't be drowning second time around as it will be the lake of fire who do not want a relationship with the Lord.
Yeah right....You just love to play that old fear card don't you....news flash for ya....It won't work on non believers...

Old 03-11-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
You seem to be ignoring that. I don't blame you!
I'm not ignoring it. I asked you where does it say that Noah traveled around the world to warn everyone that god was going to flood the earth and the best you can do is say he was a "preacher of righteousness".

Speaking of ignoring stuff, why did you ignore Romans 5? Why do you think that genocide is good/justifiable? Why do you think that you are not accountable for a crime if you tell people you are about to commit it? I know it must be frustrating when people don't use a double standard or buy into the | genocide=good | line of thought.

Quote:
Noah had faith in God. Because of that, God considered him righteousness. Galatians 3.
You are saying that unborn/baby children deserved to die because of original sin but Noah did not because he had faith then? The kids never had a chance, no free will.

I really want to know why you would say something like this though:
Quote:
God is the Creator. He can do what He wants with His creation.
I'm off to bed for today. Without sleep, my posts start to lose coherence.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I'm not ignoring it. I asked you where does it say that Noah traveled around the world to warn everyone that god was going to flood the earth and the best you can do is say he was a "preacher of righteousness".
Yes you are! Once again, what do you believe "a preacher of righteousness" means?

I would like your comment on this also (which you have been ignoring):

Jude

14Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him." 16These men are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Yes you are! Once again, what do you believe "a preacher of righteousness" means?
Are you simply going to repeat this red herring ad nauseum? How boring but I guess that if you are trying to grind the flow of this thread into a halt then that must mean you know it's not possible to justify god's terrible acts.

Otherwise just answer the questions on post 96.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Yes, but I don't have a complete understanding of the meaning of that, and you don't either.
I have a perfect understanding of what "omniscient" means.

Quote:
When God created us, He didn't make robots. He gave us a choice to love Him back, or reject Him. These people made their choice.
You just keep on harping on about this "free choice" nonsense don't you? The question of whether or not your deity is omniscient has absolutely no bearing on 'choice'. We are trying to ascertain just why a deity that knows everything, would deliberately manufacture something that it knew was or would become so defective that the said deity would be obliged to destroy the product. That is the question in hand NOT whether or not people had a 'choice' to do whatever.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Are you simply going to repeat this red herring ad nauseum? How boring but I guess that if you are trying to grind the flow of this thread into a halt then that must mean you know it's not possible to justify god's terrible acts.

Otherwise just answer the questions on post 96.
Yes, until you answer the question. Of course you won't, because it blows your whole argument. Noah preached righteousness to the people, as did Enoch. The Scripture is clear, they were warned. And yes, I believe Romans 5. Man is a sinner by nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality