Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:23 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Why not just let the OP have what he or she wants...

OK, Christians are persecuted in the United States. There...now you can start organizing protest rallies, boycotts, perhaps even a riot or two. (And don't forget those anti-discrimination lawsuits. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire--there are people getting jobs who may not be Christian!)
Yeah, they can even start meeting, at least once a week to discuss these rallies and boycotts... hell, they could even start purchasing land and building HUGE buildings to meet in. If they're lucky, they could con the government into letting them have it all tax free!!

Oh....wait.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,010 times
We christians are definitely getting persecuted my friend james was put in the hospital recently for being christian and the people that did it were ATHEISTS. It is a growing problem where I live because these atheists are growing in number and they are definitely violent. My friend james is not the only one of my fellow christians that has been injureed several other kids at my school have physically injured by these atheists. So therefore we are absolutely being persecuted because they are doing it because of what we believe in so don't you dare say we are not bein persecuted!

Old 11-19-2010, 08:53 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aconcernedchristian View Post
We christians are definitely getting persecuted my friend james was put in the hospital recently for being christian and the people that did it were ATHEISTS. It is a growing problem where I live because these atheists are growing in number and they are definitely violent. My friend james is not the only one of my fellow christians that has been injureed several other kids at my school have physically injured by these atheists. So therefore we are absolutely being persecuted because they are doing it because of what we believe in so don't you dare say we are not bein persecuted!
If such an incident occurred, surely there are news reports or police reports about it, and the ACLU would be all over it. Produce the evidence, or be relegated to the festering ranks of the unsubstantiated anecdote.

In other words, documentation or it didn't happen.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:42 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Sounds real suspect.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:47 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
If such an incident occurred, surely there are news reports or police reports about it, and the ACLU would be all over it. Produce the evidence, or be relegated to the festering ranks of the unsubstantiated anecdote.

In other words, documentation or it didn't happen.
I did a few quick google searches on variations of 'Atheists injure Christians' and didn't find anything. I did find a few on Christians killing Atheists though

Old 11-19-2010, 10:38 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
You want to know what real persecution is? Go back and study your Christian history on the treatment of the indigenous people of this land and how our lives, culture, language, and way of life was stolen from us by Christianity and then come back and talk to me about persecution. No one group of people were more persecuted by Christians than the Native American tribes of this land. Christians being persecuted in this land is a joke.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:59 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I did a few quick google searches on variations of 'Atheists injure Christians' and didn't find anything. I did find a few on Christians killing Atheists though
Which is why I mentioned the festering ranks of unsubstantiated anecdotes.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:

I dare say you are not being persecuted...... There I said it.......

You know when I go to synagogue I have to be let in because of security it is locked all the time. When I go to any Jewish agency I have to be let in because its locked due to security. Jewish schools are locked and visitors have to be let in. There is real fear of those who would want to do us harm. There is a precedence for those who have done us harm. So no Christians are not being persecuted.

Do Christian churches, schools and organizations need to be locked up all the time and opened for someone when they ring a buzzer? I think not.

The Muslims are more persecuted then the Christians.

There are people who really do have a fear persecution and its is not the Christians at least not in the USA.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 PM

465 posts, read 528,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Sounds real suspect.
Yeah...one post from this person.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:00 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I dare say you are not being persecuted...... There I said it.......

You know when I go to synagogue I have to be let in because of security it is locked all the time. When I go to any Jewish agency I have to be let in because its locked due to security. Jewish schools are locked and visitors have to be let in. There is real fear of those who would want to do us harm. There is a precedence for those who have done us harm. So no Christians are not being persecuted.

Do Christian churches, schools and organizations need to be locked up all the time and opened for someone when they ring a buzzer? I think not.

The Muslims are more persecuted then the Christians.

There are people who really do have a fear persecution and its is not the Christians at least not in the USA.
Re the bolded--well, yes, they generally are locked up, but not because of fear of persecution, but fear of theft. Some churches have some very nice artwork or other valuable objects that can be stolen. And public schools are locked and visitors have to be buzzed in for the protection of the children.

I am Christian, and to say that we are "persecuted" in the US is ridiculous. We are the majority religion here and always have been, and with that have enjoyed privileges and safety that non-Christians have not always had. IMO people should stop using that term so casually when someone calls them names or makes assumptions about them because they are Christian. That is not persecution, and if you can't stand up to a little ridicule because of what you believe, maybe you should work on that in yourself instead of focusing on everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality