Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:35 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,051,433 times

Advertisements

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/SeekerSA/25664d1219089120-we-being-silenced-.gif?t=1248921279 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 10:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,207,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface1 View Post
TV persecution mind control can be some of the most destructive
forms of persecution to date. TV propagandists in cults try to
degrade stalk and mentally break victims by using linefeeds over
regular programming and cults try to then threaten the victims
by suggesting they are 'unstable'. It also fits in with health care
abuses of all kinds. The abusers are often atheists in listed cults
or hired by others or to extort information over health care.
They are also involved in stealing copyrighted plays, books, data
and method acting information to control stage and entertainment.
Some if its punk related, ethnic conflicts or just plain greed.
Pat Robertson for instance is a poseur front financed by anti christians
in the busted monopoly. That is just one instance to show what kind
of abuse is going on back there.
Some of them make statements as to how deeply they hate music
because music is healing. They are 'investors' and they lie a lot.
They also enable life insurance fraud estate fraud and well u can
get the idea of what kind of problem persecution is taking in
the United States and abroad. They also form odd groups for power.
This is a case of christianity for Mattie Jo's post about breaks with reality.
Holy moley, person, get a grip.
Actually, I don't care; you're so freaky creepy and (well, I'm speechless) that I'm filtering you right off the bat.
I know I won't abuse myself by reading you again.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 PM

4,903 posts, read 6,000,341 times
No, they aren't. What christians tend to view as persecution is in actuality, someone stating an opinion that doesn't agree with their precious mythology.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,399,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch00 View Post
From the church-state separation thread.

Marks (or anybody else) would you be willing to post a couple of examples?

From my point of view, I see christianity as being a coddled, protected religion in this country. I think that 'outright assault' is a bit much, and I outright do not believe persecution.

Some of this might rest on a definition of persecution, so let me propose one from Merriam Webster:

1 : to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief

For the purposes of this discussion, can you give a few examples of how people cause christians suffer in this country because of their belief?
Directed at Marks and other like minded folk...

Pushing religion back into the private sector and out of the public sector (ie laws, public school cirriculum) is hardly "persecution".

No level of g'ment should be using public funds to put your religious symbology on our public property, and no religion has any business being offered for indictrination of our Nation's youth in public school cirriculum.

We are a secular Constitutional Republic for a reason, to protect everyone's religious beliefs, and those without as well. There is simply no "right" to impose the Christian religion, in any of it's myriad forms, on everyone else through our Nation's Laws.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:16 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,026,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post

Pushing religion back into the private sector and out of the public sector (ie laws, public school cirriculum) is hardly "persecution".

No level of g'ment should be using public funds to put your religious symbology on our public property, and no religion has any business being offered for indictrination of our Nation's youth in public school cirriculum.

We are a secular Constitutional Republic for a reason, to protect everyone's religious beliefs, and those without as well. There is simply no "right" to impose the Christian religion, in any of it's myriad forms, on everyone else through our Nation's Laws.
Perfect! Well said.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Perfect! Well said.
Thank you, thank you.

Hmm, we need a "bowing" emote.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,143,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post

But it's still okay to have a plastic Jesus as a hood ornament.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
But it's still okay to have a plastic Jesus as a hood ornament.

The same Constitution that is supposed to hold the institutions of g'ment and religion apart of course also protects a private person's individual liberties, of course.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:09 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,174,568 times
There are a couple of issues here: first is the persistence with which some individuals insist that being told they're not more special than anyone else is persecution.

Second is the Biblical prophesy that Christians will be persecuted before the Second Coming. Some are so anxious for Jesus to get here that they'll buy it when they're told "we are persecuted" by their preachers. Not only that, but a few are so anxious for the Rapture that they'll act like complete jerks just to ensure that they get some "persecution".

Thing is, if being told you're acting like an idiot is persecution, we've gone waaaay overboard at Abu Ghraib and Gitmo. Who knew we could stop just at telling those guys to knock off the silliness and denying them religious displays in public buildings?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:14 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,499,910 times
Why not just let the OP have what he or she wants...

OK, Christians are persecuted in the United States. There...now you can start organizing protest rallies, boycotts, perhaps even a riot or two. (And don't forget those anti-discrimination lawsuits. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire--there are people getting jobs who may not be Christian!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality