U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 01:33 PM

12,482 posts, read 13,108,284 times

Advertisements

if someone rejects god, they are cutting themself off from their own life source, the source of life's blessings

who in their right mind would do that?

Moderator cut: insult

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-17-2010 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: saying that unbelievers are not bright is an insult
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 08:56 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,044,247 times
I believe the unpardonable sin...which would be to put a stumbling block before the people, so that they are made to sin..and or Do Evil...would be the unpardonable sin..

So in order to do this...a train of thought has to be envoked which undoes the truth of God.

In our Bibles is such a truth...That God created The heavenes, and the Earth, and all the living things...including plants..and he blessed them all...Further into the Bible it says "Not to profane what God has made clean"...which would only show that Good is clean....and so all the living things God made are good and clean.....As Acts 10:15 and Genesis 9:3 resolve...of the givens!
So all plants are Good that God made and grew in his Garden...including the one at the center of his garden....which needs to be restored sinlessly to undo what Adam and Eve have done...perhaps undoing their Sin?...Acts 3;21, Rev 17:17

So to prohibite the cultivation of any plant is anti God, anti Eden, and Anti Christ...For even Christ said "It is all good when taken with thanksgiving"

And hence forth we have a truth both God and Christ spoke about...and in my mind the givens are to be utilized as consumables...food, resource, and compost for the soils...in natural and eco friendly ways to sustain all the living things!

For that is why God made them...Helpers of the Garden..now it does not proclaim that this food is directly for Human consumption alone or at all...But it is made by God for not only food, but for services in the Eden principle of care and tied unity of the elementals God made.

So prohibition is trying to remove somethings God established as good...by saying it is bad....thus profaning God's word and will...to some degree!

And it is not the plant that is bad...it is the people who abuse it...if that is even bad which it is not...By way of Christ's message of it all being GOOD WHEN TAKEN WITH THANKSGIVING!
And by making this a lawOf prohibition...and all who break the law of prohibition are punished...then we who support that law with our taxed hand, put God into prison with all his followers/children who grow this plant sinlessly...so that they can live life...

And this war on plants and /Drugs?...is killing people...But the plant is not killing anyone directly when used correctly and in the right light...the law has made the plant more desirable, and harder to cultivate, and making it more worth is gained by its illgal status....making it lucrative in the system of IDOLS of ENGRAVEN IMAGES...and Black markets of trade....TRADE IS GOOD>>>MONEY (engraven Idols) is Bad!
The police are forcing people who grow these plants, to protect themselves from the police who hunt them...and kill them, or imprison them...

That there is trade with it...is natural...for God has given it to us in his capacity to share....we should also share all things...and trade is sharing!....and so we have what God has given...Let no one take it away!!!

So the stumbling block is in place by the liars club...and many children are finding that Some plants are desirable and useful in their lives to bring peace of mind to their chaotic life making or trying to make enough MONEY to live in a bent and unforgiving system of liars, and lies, and idols God said not to make more important than he...

The engraven Imaged idol is now being enforced over most of the world....breaking a commandment of God.

I wonder who will win over the world now?...as they ask for Human sacrifices to kill in their bent wars built on lies and underhanded topsecret dealings gone astray.

My bets are with the Big bossman God.

As Global warming is threatning a real warning call!...Remember God feeds the Birds....seeds!...and those seeds contain Omega oils which help keep them clean!..Healthy!..and sound!

God loves those who keep all his commandments, precepts, and covenants!!!!

So hemp which is a common ancestor to Marijuana setiva and indica is not a Drug producing plant...by any means...and so it should not be classified under a narcotic lable!

And the plants which are classified as Drug producing should not be prohibited at all...but should be controlled by implimenting a safe outlet...which would support the God's ideal of it being grown for the Eden principle to be.

But sowing all seeds..Is Godly for all life depends on plants in all or in partnership with God..as my nature of natural mindset to the eco systems in good working order, sees things as being Truth of what God made Good naturally.

There is no reference to MONEY in my God's creation.
And to say Life has a value is in some regards true...but it is not worth Money...Life is priceless!

That being said why do we subject and or suggest the opposite?

If I made your self worth $29.95 canned and stamped with an expiry date, and put you on a shelf , with out consulting with you about it...would you not take offense?

Last edited by Sir Les; 03-16-2010 at 09:42 AM..

Old 03-16-2010, 11:55 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,333,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
if someone rejects god, they are cutting themself off from their own life source, the source of life's blessings

Moderator cut: edit
Well, apparently I have my own power source. I have many blessings and I walked away from the imaginary man in the sky long ago.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-17-2010 at 08:31 PM..

Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,451,807 times
Unpardonable sin is not something a christian mentions when trying to convert.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:27 AM

2,893 posts, read 5,169,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

Moderator cut: edit

Shall we look at this objectively and see if your statement has merit?

Twenty-five years ago I was a believer. I was evangelical, read the Bible, went to Sunday School, and practiced my religion every day with fervent honesty.

I was sickly, underweight, with poor eyesight, taking a plethora of injections and pills to maintain a semblance of health, bad digestion, low self-esteem, zero confidence, socially inept, depressed and suicidal.

Those were my blessings.

Today I've been an atheist for twenty-five years. I am healthy, take no regular medicine at all, my eyesight is restored, I am in control of my diet, married to a great lady and my best friend, two great kids, I work a good job that I like for good pay that keeps my kids in private school, I can walk into any social situation and choose my level of engagement, I'm confident, happy, have a house in the 'burbs and my biggest problem is grumping about politics.

The very moment I rejected my religion, everything turned around. It wasn't always easy, but everything in my life began to improve the very moment I turned away from religion and god and all of it.

How was that possible?

Am I truly worse off now than I was as a suicidally depressed child believer?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-17-2010 at 08:32 PM..

Old 03-17-2010, 06:52 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,572,373 times
God is supposed to be like an old girlfriend I had who wouldn't let me end our relationship on a happy note. He gets really bitter if you break up with him. "Really God, it's not you, it's me...."

Old 03-17-2010, 07:15 AM

702 posts, read 812,324 times
To answer your question, we have to look at the passages in their contexts. Two passages that speak of this sin each provide a meaningful context: Matthew 12:22-32, Mark 3:22-30. It is also mentioned in Luke 12, but the immediate context does not indicate what the sin was. In both cases, it should be clear that the blasphemy is a verbal sin, a spoken act.

Matthew 12:

22Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. 23All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, "This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?"
24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons."

This was what they actually said that was wrong.

25And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand.
26"If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?
27"If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges.
28"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
29"Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.
30"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.
32"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Mark 3:

22The scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and "He casts out the demons by the ruler of the demons."

This was what they said that was wrong.

23And He called them to Himself and began speaking to them in parables, "How can Satan cast out Satan?
24"If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25"If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
26"If Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but he is finished!
27"But no one can enter the strong man's house and plunder his property unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house.
28"Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter;
29but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"--
30because they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit."

Since the sin was clearly a one-time verbal act, and because there is no indication that it was anything other than that, it cannot be said to be merely unbelief. It is not the rejection of Christ that is in view here, but the speaking against the Holy Spirit, namely, the verbal act of attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to an evil spirit. The Holy Spirit is in focus here, not Christ. This is made all the more clear in that Jesus contrasts this heinous sin with all other sins: "[A]ll sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter," but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 AM

7,088 posts, read 12,706,640 times
The Unpardonable Sin

I was always told that the unpardonable sin was to pass gas, long and loudly, in a crowded theatre.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:10 PM

7,099 posts, read 23,906,180 times
If you deny that there is a god.... then how can you ask for pardon?

My understanding of problem is that the Denial is the unpardonable act. It would not depend on anything except that the person has decided that there is nothing to turn to in order to find pardon.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:24 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,471,063 times
Here is my humble opinion. I don't claim to have any divine insight. But I have spent quite a bit of time studying God's Word, talking with those who know more than I do, and praying.

I don't think a non-believer can commit the "unpardonable sin". I think in order to do so, one has to know God and then willingly and purposefully decide to turn against Him.

God forgives sin. Period. None of us are perfect. God cannot forgive the sin of someone who doesn't want forgiveness. That would take away our free will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality