U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM

815 posts, read 1,340,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Do We all need a new God to bring peace and prosperity to the world?
Name this person for both of the Gods you follow.
Political God, and a Religious God.
John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

As I see the Vatican and Islam forming a rapprochement, it kindles a hope that rules will change. It is natural that it will be the East that shows the way for the West.

We are all ruled by the rules that we are following.
Rules of nature, of Politics, of Free men, physics and God/Man and Goddess/Woman.
These rules are us .
Political rules and Religious rules are what man is.
God is rules, man is rules, therefore we are Gods.

God, like any good father, would not have His Sons to be less than what He is.
We are all in this together alone.
Our first God was a man, our last shall be as well.
What is our collective name and Godís new name?
More importantly, who is the Anti-Christ?
Will the new name come from the Vatican or Islam or will God come from some other source?
If we are all Sons of God, then what is our name?

Regards
DL
People - Gods?
I congratulate. You present "pagan".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 07:04 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,250,428 times
Gods are immaterial, they don't exist, completely harmless and powerless. However the religion of those that perpetuate the existence of these non-existent gods are the root cause of the vast majority of hatred, intolerance and strife on the planet.

It's the "my daddy can beat up your daddy" playground argument that has gone rogue, and would be just as silly if not for the consequences.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:13 PM

2,008 posts, read 2,910,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Do We all need a new God to bring peace and prosperity to the world?
Name this person for both of the Gods you follow.
Political God, and a Religious God.
John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

I think you would agree that things could be better in this world.
It is my belief that the only way to make things better in all areas of life is through rapprochement. As this happens, there will be both pain and pleasure.
We must all concede some of our thinking and that will hurt. So let us be gentle with each other.
As I see the Vatican and Islam forming a rapprochement, it kindles a hope that rules will change. It is natural that it will be the East that shows the way for the West.

We are all ruled by the rules that we are following.
Rules of nature, of Politics, of Free men, physics and God/Man and Goddess/Woman.
These rules are us .
Political rules and Religious rules are what man is.
God is rules, man is rules, therefore we are Gods.

God, like any good father, would not have His Sons to be less than what He is.
We are all in this together alone.
Our first God was a man, our last shall be as well.
What is our collective name and God’s new name?
More importantly, who is the Anti-Christ?
Will the new name come from the Vatican or Islam or will God come from some other source?
If we are all Sons of God, then what is our name?

Regards
DL
Blaming it on the evils of the devil and waiting around for god to fix it are convenient ways to pass the buck, sit back and let it run on autopilot. We don't need a new god or an old one to bring peace and prosperity to the world. We need to realize that it's up to ourselves to pull us out of the messes that we have made.

Humans only live by rules in when they band together and form communities and societies. If god = rules, then by that god would be a social creation. But at that I can find some appreciation. I have always understood the bible to be allegorical. Not necessarily to be followed to the letter, but like any literature to get the main idea from it. For me I think the moral of the story is that if we make an effort to live together and actually PRACTICE some of the things Jesus talked about; instead of legislating politics like an old testament alter-ego, we would make the world better. I don't think there is a literal heaven where things will be perfect, I think the moral of the story is that it's up to us to make the world better.

Well that's my $0.02...

Old 05-17-2010, 08:38 PM

815 posts, read 1,340,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Gods are immaterial, they don't exist, completely harmless and powerless. However the religion of those that perpetuate the existence of these non-existent gods are the root cause of the vast majority of hatred, intolerance and strife on the planet.

It's the "my daddy can beat up your daddy" playground argument that has gone rogue, and would be just as silly if not for the consequences.
Earlier Gods were not Gods.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:42 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,071,718 times
Default Whaaaa........ ??????

eloy...

Sincerely:

rifleman

Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 AM

1,736 posts, read 1,837,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
We need more believe in our God and following his commandments, not looking for new gods!
The big ten cannot be followed by all unless all are following them.

Try telling a raped daughter to honor her father knowing he will do it again and honoring the mother that will turn away and allow it.

Regards
DL

Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Do we need a new god to bring peace and prosperity to the world? No we don't, as a matter of fact we don't need any kind of organized religion because they do not bring peace and prosperity to the world, organized religion and the belief in a god, they're god, brings discrimination and ignorance to the world. There should be no organized religion in this world because all it's doing is serving certain individuals at the top for their own greed, we should be able to worship our Creator as we see fit and not be told by any one individual how to do that, it should be our choice and we should be open-minded about.
Live and let live right?

No.

Just Google Jesus camp and killing African witches and I think you will recant.
If you do not then I would question your morals.

Regards
DL

Old 05-18-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
People - Gods?
I congratulate. You present "pagan".
I, as a parent, want my children to meet or exceed whatever I am.

Do you think that our heavenly father would want less for His children than a mere mortal?

Would you want less for your children?

Jesus said--have ye forgotten that ye are Gods.

Regards
DL

Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Blaming it on the evils of the devil and waiting around for god to fix it are convenient ways to pass the buck, sit back and let it run on autopilot. We don't need a new god or an old one to bring peace and prosperity to the world. We need to realize that it's up to ourselves to pull us out of the messes that we have made.

Humans only live by rules in when they band together and form communities and societies. If god = rules, then by that god would be a social creation. But at that I can find some appreciation. I have always understood the bible to be allegorical. Not necessarily to be followed to the letter, but like any literature to get the main idea from it. For me I think the moral of the story is that if we make an effort to live together and actually PRACTICE some of the things Jesus talked about; instead of legislating politics like an old testament alter-ego, we would make the world better. I don't think there is a literal heaven where things will be perfect, I think the moral of the story is that it's up to us to make the world better.

Well that's my $0.02...
I agree. that is why I tied it to man with------have ye forgotten that ye are Gods.

That makes it all up to man.

God is dead. Long live God.

Regards.
DL

Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
Earlier Gods were not Gods.
Our first God was a man and our last shall be as well.

Who but man can put voice to the will of God?

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality