U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 11:53 AM

1,736 posts, read 1,837,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
eloy...

Sincerely:

rifleman
He is absolutely right.

I am interested in how he explains it.

If you had knowledge of the ancient customs you would not have done your Whaaa.

Watch, you will learn good thinking if Eloy is on the ball.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 07:37 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
Earlier Gods were not Gods.
According to your urban legends, "in the beginning" there was god, and nothing else> Sooooooo he would be an early god, but that would make him not a god per your circular logic.

I hope you are never in charge of lining up a firing squad.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 AM

10,494 posts, read 10,076,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Live and let live right?

No.

Just Google Jesus camp and killing African witches and I think you will recant.
If you do not then I would question your morals.

Regards
DL
The native people of this land have been worshiping their Creator as they see fit for tens of thousands of years and we have never had any witch burnings or persecuting others because of their beliefs, to us how you worship your Creator is your business and it is personal, we have learned how to respect one another's beliefs, even if they're not ours, no Native American has ever taken the life of another because of his/her belief.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
The native people of this land have been worshiping their Creator as they see fit for tens of thousands of years and we have never had any witch burnings or persecuting others because of their beliefs, to us how you worship your Creator is your business and it is personal, we have learned how to respect one another's beliefs, even if they're not ours, no Native American has ever taken the life of another because of his/her belief.
This is not about you or your particular beliefs.

It is about a stupid statement that says live and let live.

Regards
DL

Old 05-25-2010, 11:35 AM

10,494 posts, read 10,076,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
This is not about you or your particular beliefs.

It is about a stupid statement that says live and let live.

Regards
DL
So, what's so wrong with that?

If I don't criticize you for the way you believe and you don't criticize me for the way I believe, then there's no reason why we can't get along.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:52 PM

290 posts, read 332,281 times
I think, rather than a new God, a new teaching would be best. One that teaches about our innate power and wisdom rather than how we must submit ourselves to some external power/being.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:14 PM

497 posts, read 773,947 times
OP: First of all there will never be complete peace and prosperity around the whole world. It's simply against human nature NOT to fight with each other. If we don't have a legitimate excuse to do so, then we make one up.

Secondly, religion and gods only exacerbate our contentious nature, so we would actually be better off if everyone was savvy enough to realize that they're just a crock.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
So, what's so wrong with that?

If I don't criticize you for the way you believe and you don't criticize me for the way I believe, then there's no reason why we can't get along.
For evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing.

Regards
DL

Old 05-27-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidrAkirE View Post
I think, rather than a new God, a new teaching would be best. One that teaches about our innate power and wisdom rather than how we must submit ourselves to some external power/being.

Yes and to me a new teaching was implied but badly.

You, like all of us, spend all of your time following rules.

Natures rules.
A Political set of rules.
A Religious or spiritual set of rules.

Regardless of what you or any of us call the above three, we all live under them.

A new God would just interpret better than the older one's.

Regards
DL

Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
OP: First of all there will never be complete peace and prosperity around the whole world. It's simply against human nature NOT to fight with each other. If we don't have a legitimate excuse to do so, then we make one up.

Secondly, religion and gods only exacerbate our contentious nature, so we would actually be better off if everyone was savvy enough to realize that they're just a crock.
As my last message indicates, rules are rules regardless of the source.

You are likely as fundamental to the political God/rules you follow. If you do not have a spiritual or natural God that is.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality