Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,102,613 times

Advertisements

Do We all need a new God to bring peace and prosperity to the world?
Name this person for both of the Gods you follow.
Political God, and a Religious God.
John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

I think you would agree that things could be better in this world.
It is my belief that the only way to make things better in all areas of life is through rapprochement. As this happens, there will be both pain and pleasure.
We must all concede some of our thinking and that will hurt. So let us be gentle with each other.
As I see the Vatican and Islam forming a rapprochement, it kindles a hope that rules will change. It is natural that it will be the East that shows the way for the West.

We are all ruled by the rules that we are following.
Rules of nature, of Politics, of Free men, physics and God/Man and Goddess/Woman.
These rules are us .
Political rules and Religious rules are what man is.
God is rules, man is rules, therefore we are Gods.

God, like any good father, would not have His Sons to be less than what He is.
We are all in this together alone.
Our first God was a man, our last shall be as well.
What is our collective name and God’s new name?
More importantly, who is the Anti-Christ?
Will the new name come from the Vatican or Islam or will God come from some other source?
If we are all Sons of God, then what is our name?

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 01:24 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,889,153 times
Do you mean an all-new, improved God figure and accompanying mythology that might better accommodate modern realities? A story that sets aside all the contradictions and irrationalities of the much revised versions of the current bible?

I'd say so, with caution. Only if it manages to accommodate everything that rigorous scientific evaluations have uncovered as undeniable truths, but then it'll probably also read more like my 2009 biology or geology or astronomy texts, with precious little room for mystical father figures accomplishing unbelievable "insta-poof" events.

After all, just where would that "person" figure in as a necessary adjunct to such knowledge? Do we truly need a spirit person to ensure world peace? Only if we could all agree on his universal omnipotence. Which is pretty unlikely; too much pride of ownership and authority in creating The New Lord God. There are a lot of tangible assets that attend ownership of such a personage, you realize....

Old 03-11-2010, 01:34 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,967,897 times
No, because in another thousand years we would be arguing over what the new god meant just like religious folks argue over what the old god meant. And in the intervening years, just like the old god narrative, the new god narrative will be altered and interpreted to satisfy the same old greed, avarice and inhumanity that the old god was used to justify.

Once was enough thank you very much.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Do you mean an all-new, improved God figure and accompanying mythology that might better accommodate modern realities? A story that sets aside all the contradictions and irrationalities of the much revised versions of the current bible?

I'd say so, with caution. Only if it manages to accommodate everything that rigorous scientific evaluations have uncovered as undeniable truths, but then it'll probably also read more like my 2009 biology or geology or astronomy texts, with precious little room for mystical father figures accomplishing unbelievable "insta-poof" events.

After all, just where would that "person" figure in as a necessary adjunct to such knowledge? Do we truly need a spirit person to ensure world peace? Only if we could all agree on his universal omnipotence. Which is pretty unlikely; too much pride of ownership and authority in creating The New Lord God. There are a lot of tangible assets that attend ownership of such a personage, you realize....
It would not be a spirit person. It would be a real live person.

Our first god was a man and our last will be as well.

Who but a man can put words to the will or spirit of man or God?

Regards
DL

Old 03-12-2010, 10:32 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,402,391 times
I thought Obama was him? What happened?

Old 03-12-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No, because in another thousand years we would be arguing over what the new god meant just like religious folks argue over what the old god meant. And in the intervening years, just like the old god narrative, the new god narrative will be altered and interpreted to satisfy the same old greed, avarice and inhumanity that the old god was used to justify.

Once was enough thank you very much.
I understand completely your point.

You misunderstand mine.

Our new God would perpetually be a human.

As it has always been except that we would now acknowledge that fact.

Regards
DL

Old 03-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
I thought Obama was him? What happened?
He may be but some call him Christ while others call him Anti-Christ.

If the U S wants to lead the world then they will have to get their act together.

Regards
DL

Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,967,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
You misunderstand mine.

Our new God would perpetually be a human.

As it has always been except that we would now acknowledge that fact.

Regards
DL
You're right and I still do.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:46 PM

134 posts, read 122,505 times
The world will never seek prosperity and peace as long as their are evil men,no matter if other Gods came along ,the only peace and prosperity will be when we die and join the Lord in Heaven.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:17 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,112,443 times
Weren’t the pharaohs gods in human form.
I’m sure slavery would be back in vogue if we had such a god.

As imperfect as presidents are I still think I would rather have someone governing me that was voted in. And can be voted out.

_/|\_
Aeroman

Last edited by Aeroman; 03-14-2010 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Slavery is immoral. Therefore all gods are immoral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality