U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 06:52 PM

52 posts, read 72,483 times

Advertisements

This is something I ran across when doing some research. I am NOT a Christian with a cause, it is hard to believe that if burning in hell was the ultimate punishment, that would have been stated by God in the very beginning.

Thayer: The Origin and History of Endless Punishment

Please understand that I DO understand this is one man's opinion, but to me, it makes perfect sense. I am not trying to offend anyone, so I hope no one is offended by anything that has been stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 06:58 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,084,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
That's because the NT authors were well aware of the prophecies in the OT and they wrote the NT so that it seemed the prophecies had been fulfilled. Really old beast, you can't be so daft that you can't see the problem in 'the Bible' giving a prophecy and 'the Bible' claiming that the prophecy came true...or can you???

Brilliant!!

I have to admit Campbell....you do make me laugh!
It's kind of like writing a prequel to a movie where events are predicted; and they occur in the movie that chronologically comes second, but was made first.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:42 AM

13,905 posts, read 9,668,418 times
In a nutshell Haaziq!

Old 03-14-2010, 08:03 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,680,006 times
Quote:
That's because the NT authors were well aware of the prophecies in the OT and they wrote the NT so that it seemed the prophecies had been fulfilled. Really old beast, you can't be so daft that you can't see the problem in 'the Bible' giving a prophecy and 'the Bible' claiming that the prophecy came true...or can you???

Brilliant!!

I have to admit Campbell....you do make me laugh!

1. And how did the authors of the Bible know that in the last days when the nations of the East could potentially put together a 200 million man army, that at this sametime, the Jewish people would be returning from a worldwide exile?

2. And how did they know, that in the last days, the Jewish people would begin to return to both the land of Israel, and Jerusalem?

3. And how did they know that at this sametime, there would exist a rebuilt East Gate in Jerusalem, and that Gate would be connected to the Old Jerusalem Gate, and be sealed up?

4. And how did they know that this Jewish return would anger so many nations, that the focus of world attention would be on Israel?

5. And how did they know, that at this sametime, these returning Jews would want to rebuild a third temple on Mt. Moriah?

Even the Talmud shows us Jesus Christ fulfilling Old Testament prophecies. And the fact that the endtime prophecies are being fulfilled before our very eyes, only supports the reality of the prophecies found in the Bible. I acknowledge the reality. You appear to deny the obvious.

I have to admit Rafius....you do make me laugh!

Old 03-14-2010, 11:27 PM

56 posts, read 59,442 times
[SIZE=3]Sorry if my answer out of your subject, but it is true a hundred percent who are in hell-fire do not die or change their skin, but if damaged
This answer from the Holy Koran and Thanks[/SIZE]

Old 03-15-2010, 12:02 AM

680 posts, read 1,168,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
1. And how did the authors of the Bible know...
2. And how did they know...
3. And how did they know...
4. And how did they know...
5. And how did they know...

And the fact that the endtime prophecies are being fulfilled before our very eyes, only supports the reality of the prophecies found in the Bible.
Your post is identical to the ones posted endlessly by Muslims defending the Quran.

Same arguments, different religion.

To anyone who believes in a religious text, I wish you well and I respectfully decline any invitation to visit your church. Thank you for your time, I have to go feed my dog now!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:26 AM

13,905 posts, read 9,668,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
1. And how did the authors of the Bible know that in the last days when the nations of the East could potentially put together a 200 million man army, that at this sametime, the Jewish people would be returning from a worldwide exile?

2. And how did they know, that in the last days, the Jewish people would begin to return to both the land of Israel, and Jerusalem?

3. And how did they know that at this sametime, there would exist a rebuilt East Gate in Jerusalem, and that Gate would be connected to the Old Jerusalem Gate, and be sealed up?

4. And how did they know that this Jewish return would anger so many nations, that the focus of world attention would be on Israel?

5. And how did they know, that at this sametime, these returning Jews would want to rebuild a third temple on Mt. Moriah?

Even the Talmud shows us Jesus Christ fulfilling Old Testament prophecies. And the fact that the endtime prophecies are being fulfilled before our very eyes, only supports the reality of the prophecies found in the Bible. I acknowledge the reality. You appear to deny the obvious.

I have to admit Rafius....you do make me laugh!
Oh Campbell! You and your 'Return of the Jews'! It's quite simple. You see, the Jewish people had nowhere to live. They read in their scriptures that their god has promised them a homeland so the fight (and eventually win), politically to get that homeland using their scripture to back them up.

As for your point #4. I suggest that the world anger against them is due to their illegal possession of Palestinian lands and appalling treatment of Palestinians....but that, no doubt, is for another thread.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongpa-nyi View Post
Your post is identical to the ones posted endlessly by Muslims defending the Quran.

Same arguments, different religion.

To anyone who believes in a religious text, I wish you well and I respectfully decline any invitation to visit your church. Thank you for your time, I have to go feed my dog now!

How could it be the same arguement, when you yourself ignored the prophecies? You did not respond to the questions. You just ignored them. Oh and by the way. I don't attend any church because of my job. You see, non thinkers always ignore questions, and because of that, it makes it easy for them to walk away. And when someone fully ignores a religious text, it only aids them in their ignorance. No doubt, your dog will be well fed. LOL.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Oh Campbell! You and your 'Return of the Jews'! It's quite simple. You see, the Jewish people had nowhere to live. They read in their scriptures that their god has promised them a homeland so the fight (and eventually win), politically to get that homeland using their scripture to back them up.

As for your point #4. I suggest that the world anger against them is due to their illegal possession of Palestinian lands and appalling treatment of Palestinians....but that, no doubt, is for another thread.
And how did the Jews fulfill the East Gate prophecy? You might have to put your thinking cap on for that one Rafius? LOL

Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 AM

241 posts, read 423,753 times
will .... I dont know where it's written in bible, but
I know that it mentions in our Quran it says
some like
" whenever their skin fired hardly we change it to a new one "
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality