U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:39 AM

13,849 posts, read 9,648,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And how did the Jews fulfill the East Gate prophecy? You might have to put your thinking cap on for that one Rafius? LOL
What would be the point Campbell? I think it was Arequipa that has already spent a large amount of time on that one. Of course, as always you ignore what he presented and just trot out the same again, just as you do with your historians that mentioned Jesus rubbish. There is no reason to think that you won't do exactly the same again.

Ah yes! See post #4 here........
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...nightmare.html

Last edited by Rafius; 03-16-2010 at 07:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,673,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What would be the point Campbell? I think it was Arequipa that has already spent a large amount of time on that one. Of course, as always you ignore what he presented and just trot out the same again, just as you do with your historians that mentioned Jesus rubbish. There is no reason to think that you won't do exactly the same again.

Ah yes! See post #4 here........
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...nightmare.html

Of course, when you have nothing. You ask the question. What would be the point? As if there was one. I did not ignore anything. Arequipa had nothing to offer. And now you are pretending he did.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 PM

18 posts, read 19,496 times
'Asilas29' you asked about the scriptures in relation to hell and you got your answer in several scriptures (it also shows you like trowing stones at what you know litlle about)... now if you want to know about Adam & Eve... post another thread genius!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 AM

52 posts, read 72,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by methodmatriarch View Post
'Asilas29' you asked about the scriptures in relation to hell and you got your answer in several scriptures (it also shows you like trowing stones at what you know litlle about)... now if you want to know about Adam & Eve... post another thread genius!
Thank you for your reply Methodmatriarch, as you can see, never once on here was I "trowing" (who's the genius) stones. I simply asked a question and and got the responses that I was looking for. Do I believe in "hell fire," no! Do I believe that Jehovah would have made "hell fire" abundantly clear to Adam and Eve in the very beginning, absolutly! Do all animals go to either heaven or hell? Because in Ecclesiastes 3: 18-22 tells us that we all have the same eventuality. Ecclesiastes 9: 10 tells us that we are ALL going to She'ol. Please read Ecclesiastes 9: 5,6 &10, because in that chapter it says that the dead are conscious of nothing, so why would one who is not conscious be punished? Palmes 146: 4, when a man dies, his thoughts perish. Genisis 3:19 is a good one as well, states nothing of being tortured. Romans 5:12 is probably my favorite, the wages for sin is death. Again, sates NOTHING of being tortured. John 11:11, the dead are at risk, they do not suffer.

Anyways, Thank you!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:27 AM

5 posts, read 4,432 times
Well if the concept of eternal damnation or eternal bliss is true and this takes place at the time of death what is the reasononing behind the ressurection. And if the wages of sin is death as quoted in Romans at the time of death you have paid the price for your sins isin't this double jepordy. And as in the Lords Prayer if we truly mean what we pray when we ask for His kingdon come and His will be done on earth as in heaven-we are going to be on our way to heaven when his kingdom is headed to earth-dosen't quite make sense now does it. Also the Bible quotes that the meek shall inherit the earth- how does that figure into the whole hellfire and heavenly bliss concept.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilas29 View Post
Where EXACTLY in the Bible does it say that one can endure a firey hell? Not that we are surely to die, I just want an exact scripture stating that one can burn in hell.

I'm sure this is going to start a fire storm, not my intent.

Thank you!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:35 AM

I agree-I have studied the bible for 45 years and never has the concept of eternal damnation been a part of this learning process. The ressurection is repeated continually throughout the bible-as well as the prospect of eternal life on earth for the meek therefore the idea for hellfire cannot and will not be explained to any satisfaction.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM

702 posts, read 811,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
What's been said is not important -- human interpretation is what really counts.

All religions say the same thing, according to their human-interpretations:
First of all, all religions do not say the same thing. Second, scientific evidence is also subject to "human interpretations," otherwise all scientists would agree.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 AM

52 posts, read 72,435 times
Guess my spelling is off this glorious day! *Psalms, *states

Old 03-18-2010, 08:48 AM

702 posts, read 811,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilas29 View Post
Thank you for replying! I'm just trying to understand that if a firey hell was the ultimate punishment, I would assume that our LOVING God would have stated that to Adam and Eva in the very beginning. Not only are they sure to die, but to also burn in hell for all of eternity.
Interesting. You asked for biblical references, got them, and then apparently disagreed because the idea of hell does not fit your personal conception of what a "loving" God would do. That makes me wonder: Was your mind made up at the time you asked for the biblical references?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality