Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 PM

100 posts, read 146,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilas29 View Post
Where EXACTLY in the Bible does it say that one can endure a firey hell? Not that we are surely to die, I just want an exact scripture stating that one can burn in hell.

I'm sure this is going to start a fire storm, not my intent.

Thank you!
And another:

Revelation 19:20

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 02:13 AM

18 posts, read 22,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilas29 View Post
Thank you for your reply Methodmatriarch, as you can see, never once on here was I "trowing" (who's the genius) stones. I simply asked a question and and got the responses that I was looking for. Do I believe in "hell fire," no! Do I believe that Jehovah would have made "hell fire" abundantly clear to Adam and Eve in the very beginning, absolutly! Do all animals go to either heaven or hell? Because in Ecclesiastes 3: 18-22 tells us that we all have the same eventuality. Ecclesiastes 9: 10 tells us that we are ALL going to She'ol. Please read Ecclesiastes 9: 5,6 &10, because in that chapter it says that the dead are conscious of nothing, so why would one who is not conscious be punished? Palmes 146: 4, when a man dies, his thoughts perish. Genisis 3:19 is a good one as well, states nothing of being tortured. Romans 5:12 is probably my favorite, the wages for sin is death. Again, sates NOTHING of being tortured. John 11:11, the dead are at risk, they do not suffer.

Anyways, Thank you!

Asilas, you are either a Jehovah's (cult) Witness or a SDA of the same. Do you rate the observations of Ecclesiastes over the authoritative word of Christ in His parable mentioned in Luke 16...? Remember Ecclesiastes was o b s e r v i n g... and many things more was revealed by Christ concerning the afterlife. Do we not punish criminals here for crimes of murder, stealing, etc. Do you believe a just God won't punish for even greater sins done against humanity and His creation by the fallen angels and us?... Genius, hell wasn't mentioned to Adam and Eve because Hell was prepared afterwards when the angels fell. (Read Mathew 25:41• Revelation 19:20 • 20:10-15)... Genius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality