Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:55 AM

52 posts, read 82,123 times

Advertisements

Where EXACTLY in the Bible does it say that one can endure a firey hell? Not that we are surely to die, I just want an exact scripture stating that one can burn in hell.

I'm sure this is going to start a fire storm, not my intent.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:01 AM

598 posts, read 916,926 times
What's been said is not important -- human interpretation is what really counts.

All religions say the same thing, according to their human-interpretations:

"Get down in a bend-over position and pray my God, hand me over your wallet too. If you don't, you're going to hell. It does not seem that way because it will happen in your afterlife, which I can lie about since no one so far can know about."

Old 03-12-2010, 07:08 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Well there is-

Matthew 13:41-42
"The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire; in that place there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Revelation 14:9-11
"And another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or upon his hand, 10he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; and they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.

"
Matthew 3:12 says,
"And His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Matthew 5:22 says,
"whoever shall say, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.
"

Matthew 18:8-9 says,
"And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire. 9"And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out, and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than having two eyes, to be cast into the fiery hell."

Matthew 25:41 says,
"Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels.

Jude 7 says,
"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

Revelation 20:15 says,

"And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

Luke 16 says that the Rich Man suffered in a literal, fiery place of torment.

.......that's if you believe that old nonsense.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well there is-

Matthew 13:41-42
"The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire; in that place there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.â€

Revelation 14:9-11
"And another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or upon his hand, 10he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; and they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.

"Matthew 3:12 says,
"And His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Matthew 5:22 says,
"whoever shall say, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

Matthew 18:8-9 says,
"And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire. 9"And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out, and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than having two eyes, to be cast into the fiery hell."

Matthew 25:41 says,
"Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels.

Jude 7 says,
"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

Revelation 20:15 says,
"And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

Luke 16 says that the Rich Man suffered in a literal, fiery place of torment.

.......that's if you believe that old nonsense.
Thank you for replying! I'm just trying to understand that if a firey hell was the ultimate punishment, I would assume that our LOVING God would have stated that to Adam and Eva in the very beginning. Not only are they sure to die, but to also burn in hell for all of eternity.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:24 AM

Excues me *Eve*...I have a cousin Eva, and I am used to writing her name!!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilas29 View Post
Thank you for replying! I'm just trying to understand that if a firey hell was the ultimate punishment, I would assume that our LOVING God would have stated that to Adam and Eva in the very beginning. Not only are they sure to die, but to also burn in hell for all of eternity.
The traditional concept of Hell does not come from the Hebrew or Greek manuscripts. It is a pagan myth adopted as Christian doctrine in the third century by church fathers.....just to keep the ignorant masses in check.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
The traditional concept of Hell does not come from the Hebrew or Greek manuscripts. It is a pagan myth adopted as Christian doctrine in the third century by church fathers.....just to keep the ignorant masses in check.
Exactly!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:51 AM

I'm glad we agree.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:39 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,208,974 times
Quote:

Old 03-12-2010, 08:54 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asilas29 View Post
As to what God might have said to Adam and Eve...you will note that every one of those quotations mentioning (or implying) a specific place we call Hell comes from the New Testament. Hebrew scripture does not indicate any such place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality