U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,931,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Well...because in the paintings he always has a long beard and only men have long beards.
Krsishna never looks a day over 25- He is forever youthfull, but some of his other expansions look older- God looks like whatever He or She wants to look like you cant put a limit onto God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Unless your Mom is Kali, perhaps.
i wish Kali was my ma,then she could personally indroduce me to the Lord since she is a great devotee and the mother of the earth.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:24 AM

19,865 posts, read 18,312,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
Krsishna never looks a day over 25- He is forever youthfull, but some of his other expansions look older- God looks like whatever He or She wants to look like you cant put a limit onto God
Wasn't Krishna originally just a human king in what is now India?

Old 03-17-2010, 12:41 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,051,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
He even as a birth date, July, 18 or 21, 3228 BCE.

Krishna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-17-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
He even as a birth date, July, 18 or 21, 3228 BCE.

Krishna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hey, cancer just like me And just like me he became a good-looking god

Old 03-17-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Krsna was no human-He came to play the part of an ordinary human being,He displayed His eternal pastimes temporarily on this planet-what human could have shown the Universal Form of God-Krishna is known as the 8th incarnation of Vishnu but actually all expansions of God come from Krishna if you want to find out what was goin on back then,then i suggest you read the Krishna books 2 volumes the book is just called Krishna
if you want to read the conversation between Krishna and Arjuna then read Bhagavad Gita where Krishna shows his universal form
or read the Bhagavatam-18 volumes for spiritual knowledge
or all the upanishads
or the 4 vedas
or the mahabharata
or the chaytania charimtamta
or any of the vast amount of scriptures
their is plenty of evidance stating Krishnas position-He is the supreme personality of Godhead-the embodiment of truth,joy and consiossness and the personification of love,he is transcendental and above the modes of material nature and when he was here 5000 years ago he apeared in his original transcendental body,-He is never human,He is absolute and every living entity are parts and parcels of Him,the entire cosmos flows from Him and it is due to His causless mercy that He appears, he comes to liberate His devotees and anihalate the demons to restore balance-but He dos'nt always come in His original form as Krishna sometimes for different missions He will apear as other expansions-but your statement is wrong there,sorry

Old 03-17-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
Krsna was no human-He came to play the part of an ordinary human being,He displayed His eternal pastimes temporarily on this planet-what human could have shown the Universal Form of God-Krishna is known as the 8th incarnation of Vishnu but actually all expansions of God come from Krishna if you want to find out what was goin on back then,then i suggest you read the Krishna books 2 volumes the book is just called Krishna
if you want to read the conversation between Krishna and Arjuna then read Bhagavad Gita where Krishna shows his universal form
or read the Bhagavatam-18 volumes for spiritual knowledge
or all the upanishads
or the 4 vedas
or the mahabharata
or the chaytania charimtamta
or any of the vast amount of scriptures
their is plenty of evidance stating Krishnas position-He is the supreme personality of Godhead-the embodiment of truth,joy and consiossness and the personification of love,he is transcendental and above the modes of material nature and when he was here 5000 years ago he apeared in his original transcendental body,-He is never human,He is absolute and every living entity are parts and parcels of Him,the entire cosmos flows from Him and it is due to His causless mercy that He appears, he comes to liberate His devotees and anihalate the demons to restore balance-but He dos'nt always come in His original form as Krishna sometimes for different missions He will apear as other expansions-but your statement is wrong there,sorry
There was no statement of mine, I only asked a question
Apart from that I am an atheist, I don't believe in any of that religious stuff, be it from the Middle East, from India or wherever, so I won't spend any time reading that literature, sorry. I don't read fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm, either I only find this thread somewhat interesting from a sociological, psychological and historical perspective.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
There was no statement of mine, I only asked a question
Apart from that I am an atheist, I don't believe in any of that religious stuff, be it from the Middle East, from India or wherever, so I won't spend any time reading that literature, sorry. I don't read fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm, either I only find this thread somewhat interesting from a sociological, psychological and historical perspective.
well look into the history of Krishna and become an enlightened historian,

the Mahabharata is known as history

sorry but i didnt realise it was only a question

Old 03-18-2010, 10:03 PM

21,263 posts, read 20,865,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Why does God have to be Father? I use the term createor.
Well, you're probably not a Christian, so that might fit in with your theology. I'm just saying that in the Bible, Jesus repeatedly referred to God as His "Father in Heaven."

Quote:
If we are created in the image of God, male and female we were created in God's image, how can we define God as just a male? That is putting human traits onto a God that is anything but human.
I disagree. Genesis refers to the physical creation of all life on earth. It says that God created all forms of animal life that would reproduce "after their kind." Immediately afterward, it states that God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." It then says, "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." I don't think it's referring to male versus female but male and female human beings as opposed to male and female animals.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:07 PM

21,263 posts, read 20,865,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Are you saying god has a penis and testicles?
Well, Christians believe Jesus is God, don't they? What do you think Christians would say if you asked them that question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality