U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:18 PM

31 posts, read 49,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
It is scientific to say you don't know until more evidence is available. And I think you made it pretty clear that you're content with just having an answer even if it isn't the correct one (as evidenced by the bolded words). You are not seeking truth, but comfort.
Maybe I am but again I haven't actually said what I believe to be true when it comes to how "something" first appeared, in fact I don't know the answer. If you personally are content to leave it at that then you probably have nothing else to add here. Me? I'm curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 08:27 PM

598 posts, read 811,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham222 View Post
Maybe I am but again I haven't actually said what I believe to be true when it comes to how "something" first appeared, in fact I don't know the answer. If you personally are content to leave it at that then you probably have nothing else to add here. Me? I'm curious.
A man-made bullsh**t came to the scene first (in the image of a bearded single white shemale floating in the sky), then s/he made everything.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,088,497 times
Quote:
If you personally are content to leave it at that then you probably have nothing else to add here. Me? I'm curious.
Don't take my words out of context. Saying you don't know until more is known is not "being content". It's being logical. Just making up explanations so you can feel comfortable is not a good line of thinking at all. It is that sort of reasoning that birthed religion in the first place.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Don't take my words out of context. Saying you don't know until more is known is not "being content". It's being logical. Just making up explanations so you can feel comfortable is not a good line of thinking at all. It is that sort of reasoning that birthed religion in the first place.
Yeah. Good post, I can go for this. As for Bud235 do you really believe in a white bearded he/she? That's awesome.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:37 PM

Anyway I'm done in this forum already. Seems a bit strange that people who have no religious beliefs spend so long talking about it. I'm off to do something else. Have fun all!!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Anyway I'm done in this forum already. Seems a bit strange that people who have no religious beliefs spend so long talking about it. I'm off to do something else. Have fun all!!!!
This operates under the assumption that you know what people are doing all day. I only come here when I have to do something computer related that's really boring.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 PM

598 posts, read 811,411 times
Quote:
See ya! have a nice day.

People who know religions will stick around.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:45 PM

21,282 posts, read 20,927,906 times
Quote:
Hi All

First time post. I'm open minded and my philosophy is "above all else, common sense should prevail", I am on a personal journey to find answers. Physicists tell us that energy cannot be created only transferred. So let's start at the beginning...How can something come from nothing?
It didn't. There is no such thing as an ex nihilo creation.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
See ya! have a nice day.

People who know religions will stick around.
Or people who won't think of some condescending statement to say to the posters just because their arguments were refuted without effort.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:50 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,713,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Well, Muslims believe Allah used his magic fingers made everything, Christians believe God used his magic fingers made everything, Buddhists believe Buddha used his woody made everything ...

lool infinity rules the waste land!!!!>> gods are nothing more than addvanced intelligent life forms that are billions of years ahead of us.. the universes have always been!!!! gods are bound to the laws of infinity. they are no different than you or i just more inteligent they are learning and making mistakes,, just way more addvanced in science and technowlogy.. thats why nobody ever gets a clear picture of a ufo... they are just to addvanced for us humans to even comprehend,,,super addvanced intelligent life forms have evolved for googolplexes of years

that's my f,o,v, in a nut shell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality