U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 10:00 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,483,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your decision to use one word dismissals instead of intellectual rebuttal deserved nothing more.
There was nothing to rebut.It was basically nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 10:24 PM

37,573 posts, read 25,268,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I don't think lifertexan is the one that is redefining words to cram two separate concepts into one theistic view. Your argument was nonsense.
But they are NOT two separate concepts . . . except by preference and convention. They refer to the SAME reality.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:32 PM

3,614 posts, read 2,953,618 times
You will have trouble finding people to agree with you that nature and God are the same thing. They have two separate definitions and refer to two distinctly separate concepts. You're the only one here who equivocates them unnecessarily. One implies intelligence, purpose, and design, the other is very much not intelligent, without purpose, and lacking design. You can't have A and !A at the same time.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
You will have trouble finding people to agree with you that nature and God are the same thing. They have two separate definitions and refer to two distinctly separate concepts. You're the only one here who equivocates them unnecessarily. One implies intelligence, purpose, and design, the other is very much not intelligent, without purpose, and lacking design. You can't have A and !A at the same time.
You repeatedly assert this without providing the scientific validation of it. What peer-reviewed studies are there? What is the scientific basis for your assertion?

Old 04-11-2010, 10:36 PM

34,660 posts, read 8,934,164 times
Quote:
I never said the latter about "stupid" . . . that is an outright lie . . . and your attempts to continue to besmirch my views by tying them to the fraudulent ID movement continue unabated, I see. Who was it talking about ad hominems??? Oh yeah . . . that was Konraden praising yours.
Do you really want me to go back through all your posts picking out the bits where you say clearly that this person or that has not the wit or intelligence to understand the points made in your posts? This attempt to score a cheap point hadn't a hope of working.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 PM

13,466 posts, read 21,217,203 times
WARNING..Any more personal attacks and insults and this one is finished..

Old 04-11-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Do you really want me to go back through all your posts picking out the bits where you say clearly that this person or that has not the wit or intelligence to understand the points made in your posts? This attempt to score a cheap point hadn't a hope of working.
Well,you would not have had to go further than this thread a few posts ago if the authorities were not at work diligently and admirably.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Well,you would not have had to go further than this thread a few posts ago if the authorities were not at work diligently and admirably.
Miss Blue is an angel of the Lord here on the earth, IMO.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:47 PM

3,614 posts, read 2,953,618 times
Quote:
You repeatedly assert this without providing the scientific validation of it. What peer-reviewed studies are there? What is the scientific basis for your assertion?
Since I'm not allowed to use certain words that aptly fit what you are, just imagine me being derisive.

The concept of nature is not the same as the concept of God. You have continued to equivocate the two. Your continued arguments from ignorance are logical fallacies, and do not in any argument, make you right. Everything in our universe is capable of killing us--I'd say that is pretty poor design.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:

That life responds and adapts to environmental stimuli is pretty good proof that there is not a predetermined purpose.If things are deliberately designed to a definite end then reacting and changing to every stimulus would throw that design off.And why are 99% of all species now gone if they were deliberately designed?Why design dinosaurs and then let a comet kill them all off?Unless of course God is actually Allah and knew that the Arabs were going to need oil.

In short,what proof do YOU have of what you assert?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality