U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 08:17 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,708,986 times

Advertisements

what i mean is like when we go to heaven will god place us all in different occupations like here on earth. like if you are a wood craftsman god will send you to a place in heaven with big trees,,,if you are a fisherman he will send you to a place with big oceans full of fish.. if you are the maytag repair guy he will send you to the land of washing machines and if you are a politician he would put you in a big white room with nancy pelosi for eternity!!! scary thought

so what do you think??>> will heaven be just one big game of tapping angel wings for an eternity??
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 08:31 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,086,027 times
And I guess if you're a Catholic priest, you'll get sent to woodlands.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:05 PM

1,719 posts, read 3,627,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
And I guess if you're a Catholic priest, you'll get sent to woodlands.
With little woodland male nymphs being at your beck and call and offering their "services".

Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,747,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
With little woodland male nymphs being at your beck and call and offering their "services".
Well...you never know what someone's idea of heaven might be!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:01 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,075,019 times
Remember the movie, I think it was called "What Dreams May Come"? I was told by a lot of Christians "That's it!" What, slipping on paint?

Well, do I have a choice? Also, what will be my physical condition? The same as when I "went out" at age 97, decrepit and falling a lot, or as I was when I worked a sawmill greenchain at age 22? But my mind wasn't as developed then as it is now, so can I pick and choose components of my past? How's about that time in the university bar when that REALLY HOT CHICK was checking out my well-sculpted greenchain muscles? Now THAT would'a been heaven, by any man's definition...

And then there's that potentially terrifying (as in: "I'm bored to death!") aspect of having to remain exactly the same FOREVER! Remember now, friends: forever's a long LONG time!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:22 PM

2,893 posts, read 5,171,188 times
Well, I don't believe, but if I do somehow end up in Heaven, I'm bringing my slingshot and a bucketload of ball bearings. About the only thing I can think of to do in Heaven that won't get boring after the first millennium is plinking angels out of the sky.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:17 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,708,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Remember the movie, I think it was called "What Dreams May Come"? I was told by a lot of Christians "That's it!" What, slipping on paint?

Well, do I have a choice? Also, what will be my physical condition? The same as when I "went out" at age 97, decrepit and falling a lot, or as I was when I worked a sawmill greenchain at age 22? But my mind wasn't as developed then as it is now, so can I pick and choose components of my past? How's about that time in the university bar when that REALLY HOT CHICK was checking out my well-sculpted greenchain muscles? Now THAT would'a been heaven, by any man's definition...

And then there's that potentially terrifying (as in: "I'm bored to death!") aspect of having to remain exactly the same FOREVER! Remember now, friends: forever's a long LONG time!

i would like to know what the hell are we all going to do in heaven for eternity.. 60 percent of me believes in some sort of life after death. but not the life that the holy scriptures speak of.. i don't believe in just one all governig god that always was and created all the mater in all the univeres.. it's the other way around in my book. all mater in all universes,dementions, space time, has always existed.. gods are just addvanced intelligent lifeforms that have evolved like all other things that change in time.. if we humans were not so greedy and selfish we to thru technowlogy could become gods as a species over long periods of time...but i truly doubt that we can make it in an organic phyisical mater as a whole!!!! we will annihilate our species before we even get out of the womb

the universe is estimated to be 4.7 billion light years old based upon the expanding mater, galaxies, big bang theory.. so just that number would suggest to me that their are numorous intelligent lifeforms that are billions of years more addvaced than say us humans.. so now imagine intelligent life forms that are googolplexes of years ahead of us humans. now we are talking gods!!! those advanced life forms have learned to manipulate time and space to suit there needs,, but even they are bound to the laws of infinity. and would be considered specks in a demention that is bigger than any lifeform, {god} could even comprehend..

when we die as individuals we enter another demention and the real maze begins.. but as a species as a whole we are doomed, never pull it off!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:35 PM

134 posts, read 85,156 times
If and when are definitely the two key words here as some of us will go to heaven and some won't ,the when for me ,could be as soon as possible as it would be far better than the world we live in now. What we will be doing is hard to say but if it is serving the Lord and having love and peace all around with clean air to breathe,what more can one ask for in the afterlife.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:00 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,681,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what i mean is like when we go to heaven will god place us all in different occupations like here on earth. like if you are a wood craftsman god will send you to a place in heaven with big trees,,,if you are a fisherman he will send you to a place with big oceans full of fish.. if you are the maytag repair guy he will send you to the land of washing machines and if you are a politician he would put you in a big white room with nancy pelosi for eternity!!! scary thought

so what do you think??>> will heaven be just one big game of tapping angel wings for an eternity??

Jesus Christ tells us, that most people are headed for Hell. He also told us, that heavenly things are beyond are human understanding. He did say, no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 PM

13,914 posts, read 9,672,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkes45675 View Post
If and when are definitely the two key words here as some of us will go to heaven and some won't ,the when for me ,could be as soon as possible as it would be far better than the world we live in now. What we will be doing is hard to say but if it is serving the Lord and having love and peace all around with clean air to breathe,what more can one ask for in the afterlife.
So will there be 'Free Will' in this heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality