Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,496,744 times

Advertisements

Amazing post jazz. I think I said in a long ago post that I believe all the "ghosts" of dead people who are called up by a mediums and other forms of sorcery are demons. Maybe the demons seem to come to children so often, because they are so innocent and are easy to be persuaded...Maybe that is why we have athiests and agnostics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 AM

954 posts, read 812,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Amazing post jazz. I think I said in a long ago post that I believe all the "ghosts" of dead people who are called up by a mediums and other forms of sorcery are demons. Maybe the demons seem to come to children so often, because they are so innocent and are easy to be persuaded...Maybe that is why we have athiests and agnostics.
Nanny! I'm disappointed in you.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:46 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,496,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Nanny! I'm disappointed in you.
Dear Plad..I was baitin you in that remark about athiests I almost put your name there instead of athiest..Gotcha to check in with nanny

Old 06-28-2007, 11:11 AM

954 posts, read 812,587 times
Quote:
Dear Plad..I was baitin you in that remark about athiests I almost put your name there instead of athiest..Gotcha to check in with nanny
Damn it!! Tricked again

Old 06-28-2007, 11:18 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,196,260 times
Quote:
A definate possibility, but then again I've seen demons (story in this thread) and I'm a Christian.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:02 PM

145 posts, read 519,252 times
I don’t believe that I’ve ever been the victim of an evil non-human presence but my brother told me about an experience he’d had. During the early 90’s Matt (MoMark) had an apartment within an old victorian building in San Francisco. He roomed with a girl who went to SF State with him. Matt had a small room at the far end of the apartment that didn’t fit much more than his Futon and a bookcase. Durell had the bedroom just to the right of the apartment entry door. Between their respective rooms was the livingroom area and off to one side the kitchen. Matt and Durell were going through a ‘you’re not holding up your end as a roommate’ thing and were not talking. The atmosphere was tense and each went about their daily activities totally ignoring the other. One afternoon Matt had a break from class and was home sitting on the floor watching television. In his lap was his beloved cat Alex. To entertain Alex Matt would often fold up small lumps of paper to flick for the cat to fetch. Alex loved to play with them and there were always a few scattered around the apartment. As Matt watched television one of these ‘fetch toys’ wicked past his head. He was surprised because he hadn’t thought his roommate was home. The cat flew up and off of Matt’s lap and jetted for Matt’s bedroom. Matt was at first p*ssed–off thinking his roommate was throwing things at him, but then he remembered that no one else was home. Matt got up to see if Durell was actually in her room possibly sleeping, thinking that he’d just not noticed her when he’d gotten home. He went to her room and looked in to see a smokey haze filling her room. Matt’s first thought was that Durell might have left her curling iron plugged in and stepped in to check. He found her room to be cooler than the others and no sign of anything that would create or cause the smokey haze. He returned to the livingroom. A bit later another ‘fetch toy’ wicked past him! Matt was well and truly freaked out! Somehow he’d met a seminary student at school or ?, I don’t recall where. Matt related the events to him and they determined that there might be a poltergeist presence in the apartment, one who might not like having people live there. Matt’s instructions were to return to the apartment and to yell out, “Go away! You’re not welcome here and I pay the rent!”, or something like that. I was surprised that the solution was so simple! I would have expected insense, holy water or at least a sage stick! Well I guess that was the end of the ‘presence’ . A short time later they moved to another apartment, why I don’t know because they were no happier as roommates there too!

A quick story: My parents have a nice little two bedroom rental house in the town of Modesto, CA. I lived there when I’d first moved out on my own and in 1985 Matt joined me after his four years in the Navy. (FYI: The magical ingredient for living happily with a roommate/brother is a housekeeper!) Anyway one night I awoke from a terrible dream that I can still somewhat remember. I’d dreamt that Matthew was onboard an airliner and that it crashed killing him and everyone onboard. I was so upset, chilled and not sure what to think. I went and woke him up, poor guy, to make sure he was okay. Matt was fine, tired but fine. I returned to bed but worried that the dream might have been a bad omen. Matt was patient with my watching him like a hawk for about a week then he told me to knock it off.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:30 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,652,615 times
I just read the first story and can't read everything yet. I have small kids to attend. But I wanted to comment to you and let you know that you aren't alone. When I brought my son home from the hospital, a demon came into my home. I saw my sons guardian angel walk towards my son and had seen a minion shadow on the floor in the form of a cats tail. I had such a bad fear that ran down me before seeing these things and knew something was going on. I finally got the annoting oil out, put it to cloth and went and annoited my doors. When I stood on a chair and placed the oil above, and over the door, I was angry. I said, you foul unclean spirit, this is my house and I cast you out in the name of Jesus Christ. When I said Jesus, the lights went out for a split second and came back on and my daughter started to scream. I looked down at her, she was kneeling next to the chair I was on. I then looked down at her and said that it was ok, that it had left and wasn't bothering us again.

The demon had come in with my sister who is addicted to vicatin. My sister has auto immune disease and had become addicted to the stuff. She was so high and that opportunity was a window for satan to come in. She would tell me too that little cherub angels were kissing her all over and telling her how beautiful my baby was. I will tell you too that I did not want her to come at that time because a year prior, I had prayed for her and had a demon rise up and scratch my neck and leave scratches it. I had called a co pastor at the church we were attending at the time and she told me it was spirit of witch craft and familar spirits passed down. I knew this to be true because I have an ancestor who did practice witch craft and actually worked for a police department using that to help find people who were missing. So I knew it was.

I want to tell anyone who is reading this as well, if any of you come in contact with this, DON'T MESS AROUND with this and get a person who understand demonic principalities and minons and have them come and cast that out of there. I had seen a terrible thing a few weeks ago about a catholic woman who was possessed with a demon internatlly. It first started out in her house just throwing things down like chairs ect, it was in the house and they new it and her local church could not help her. It soon possessed her and that was imo STUPID that they did NOT HELP HER. They had to wait due to legal jargin and they finally knew they could not wait any longer and cast it out unofficially. The time lasped and it was dangerous. I cringe just thinking of what could have happened if I did not cast it out of my home at that time. They are dangerous!
I can not beleive that an AoG pastor would not try to do something about that by annoiting the hall and rebuking the devil at first. I hope too that he talked about how it came in there. It came by vehicle of the Ouji board.
If anything too, also don't venture to experiment with witch craft, don't seek out fortune tellers ( they are plauged with demons and a vehicle which my ancestor used and one that once plauged me at a young age) Dabbling into those things can resort in having a full fledged demon in your home. Also drugs too can bring this on.
I will agree too that I see more accounts of seeing demons out of the country than in the US and I believe it is because Satan has a wrapped up in sins of comfort. No use in having to have mystical type experiences when we are wrapped up in the here and know and what the comfort zone provides. That is just my opinion but one I have upheld for years why we see more darker things in other countries and vice versa, how we see more miracles and healings elsewhere. It truly deals with the goverment that satan has and what the major demonic principalities lay. Each area with a different demonic stronghold.

I hope in sharing my story as well and my opinions that it can help in some way. Remember that we live in a world where Satan wants to destroy us and take us away from knowing the true God. He will go to any length to make a non relationship with him and to never know him. If you know him, keep your eyes on Jesus and always read scripture concerning what he wants for us and how to live.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:36 PM

436 posts, read 1,173,891 times
and i wish someone had dug this thread out. i am wowed! this answers a lot of my questions from my thread

Old 09-17-2007, 04:27 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,343,124 times
Please take this sincerely. I have only told my wife, and recently on another forum I told others about this.

As a kid my mother died when I was seven of lung cancer. Me and my sister were split apart from our other sister who went to live with my grandma. We were often beaten, and without food or winter clothing. I remember finding some model paints and me and my sister getting one each and painting on the inside of a shed way at the back of the trailer property. I don't know why but the guy my mom was with at the time beat us for it.

My mom also beat us. I remember sitting in a bath tub with the water turned red from blood off of my sisters chest. My mom did it with belt lashes to her chest and then cried and grabbed both of us and put us in the bathtub with her. I also remember getting winter coats and pizza as the best memories of those years. Another memory was having one of her boyfriends at a party get me to stick my finger in a mousetrap. I did because I was so young and they all laughed about it afterward. Anyway my mom was on painkillers for her cancer at the time. Her boyfriends ran out on her, or ate her medicine. She didn't work and all the anger was taken out on us.

Now I want to move past that quickly. After my mom died me and my sister were living with my grandma for a short period of time when my biological dad came and got custody of us. We didn't know him well before that. We had only seen him and heard about him a few times. The point of the brief background explanation is for people to understand why I was so hateful as a child.

When I got a little older I wore all black. I ripped my jeans and duct taped them all over. I stuck safety pins in my arms and skin. I didn't take showers for weeks at a time. I flipped my cigarette ashes on myself on purpose and grinded them in to my clothes. I was really in to the Seattle grunge music at the time as well. I use to get bored with school and be able to finish my homework before school was out. I had gifted classes and learned extremely fast. But I started not caring and smoking pot, drinking by fourteen, having sex, and getting in to other trouble.

This is what I want to say.

The worst of it was when i started getting in to ghost stories and demons. I started getting books from the libraries and reading them at home. I was listening to type o negative and I hated my dad. I didn't know why. He didn't seem to genuinely care about us or our past or anything. I felt no one could understand in me in the world. My hate was extreme. I carved on myself frequently with razor blades, more or less as an attention stunt at first. Then it seemed like no one cared. So I got worse. I started paying to Satan to take me over so I could beat kids up at school that picked on me. I also wanted to kick my dads butt and show him my pain. He always said how bad his life was and that were didn't know as much as his pinky. He always made us take off his sweaty boots and do everything for him. He also seemed like he couldn't stand us. So I hated him. He shot himself when he was younger just after he had me which is the youngest of us. My grandma had also told us how he beat my mom.

Anyway I became very evil filled. It just became a drug life for awhile. I just wanted to forget I was alive and get wasted. There was no one to open up to but other friends who were just as miserable as I was. My room was decorated in morbid junk. A dolls head on a cross with pot stems in its hair and blood from my arms all over its face. I would put the black light on and stare at it.

One day my cousin comes along with his sister, we rarely ever saw them. Him and his sister tell me they have a Ouija board and it works and the spirit has a name and everything. I wasn't convinced at all. Especially since my world was so dark and hate filled and I had never experienced anything but stories.

Well he stayed the night and had his friend with him who also stayed. He went and got the board and got us to try it. Nothing happened so he told us to open our minds. He had to keep repeating it for like thirty minutes.

It started to move. This is not a joke or some foggy ghost story. It spelled things. I was genuinely afraid but in such amazement we kept using it. He said never ask it things about when someone will die. We definitely agreed not too. It said stuff no one else could possibly even know. He also told us not to believe it because it lies constantly. So after almost everything it said he would ask it if it was lying.

To make a long story short it said some really scary stuff. It moved without our hands on it. It acted erratic at times and flew off the board. It said it was right next to us the entire time. At the end after some very disturbing things it said, it freaked out and said burn me. AT which point all of us were so scared and freaked out our minds were blown away but we knew then that it was something very evil and we had messed up big time.

We burnt it. Tried, too. And had to douse it with gas. My life fell apart even worse after that. My dad lost his new home he had built himself. It was the culmination of his lifes work and effort. His wife my step mom cheated on him and they almost divorced after at least fifteen years of marriage. My dads diabetes almost killed him. He got the point he couldn't move on his own an puked up brown liquid in a bucket. Emergency had to take him out of the house on a stretcher. He also starved himself.

Now I want to back track a second. During the time immediately after playing with that disgusting thing, my step mom strangely began to decorate the house in gargoyles and gothic crap. She was acting like a little kid and getting in o all kinds of darker stuff. After she cheated she lived somewhere else for awhile while my dad starved himself and told me and my stepbrother and sister daily about his written will. No matter how much we tried to comfort him he just laid in bed starving himself until his lips cracked and his eyes sunk in his skull.

I realized that was the culmination of everything bad that had happened in my life. I became suicidal. Worse things happened to me that I wont say. My family broke apart. I lived with someone I didn't even know for the longest time.

I came back to that same house right before my dad had it forclosed. He had been studying the bible everyday with a magnifying glass for several years by that time. He ha a slew of bibles and concordances, dictionaries exct. He started teaching me(I knew he had studied some when he was younger after he shot himself). My life started changing in to something unexplainable.

That could be a whole other post. But it would actually be harder to explain with out sounding crazy. These aren't exaggerations or foggy memories. I started praying everyday for hours, upon hours. My world was so small and crushed. Science had no answers for what I had been through. I was scared for my life after playing with that thing and realizing how disgusting and tormenting whatever it was, was. I prayed with all my heart and begged for forgiveness after I started studying the bible with my dad. he studied day and night and the lights in the house never went off, not even when they slept. The living room was him and my step moms room. They never went upstairs anymore where she had decorated the room in gargoyles and black curtains and things. They stayed with each other and showered from the sink downstairs most of the time.

I want to tell you the things that happened after I started studying the bible, but im so tired and depressed feeling. As I said for the first time in another post on another forum not even a week ago, stay away from those things and do not associate with people that mess with that stuff. It is more evil and dangerous than people know. The Bible says not to mess with principalities for good reason.

HEED IT, and learn the truth without trial and error like I made the mistake of doing. There is no man or women on Earth that can tell me there is no God or truth. I was at the bottom, and now I pray to Jesus everyday. I will never forget the period that came after all those mistakes.

Last edited by the_pines; 09-17-2007 at 04:47 AM..

Old 09-17-2007, 01:14 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,130,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I have been asked by a few C-D members if I'd share my demon story with them. I've decided to post it here in the forum and would like to know if anyone has had experiences with this realm.

I will say that in America it seems we don't experience this realm as much as other countries. Why is that?

STORY BEGINS:

While I was stationed at an air base near Madrid, Spain it was my first encounter with the demonic realm. I was enlisted in the Air Force and working 12 hour shifts keeping inventory stocked for all the aircraft. One of my days off my friends and I were out on the base for the evening. It was late at night when we heard some strange things were going on in one of the barracks. Somebody was walking across the base talking about how some guy thought he was Satan. With an incredulous look on our faces my friends and I just had to see what was going on. Even though we were Christians, we were also in our early 20s and just plain interested

Walking down the barracks hallway there was an eerie feeling that can’t be described in the written word. It was an evil presence that seemed to pass through us and envelope the hall. A group of people were sitting outside the dayroom talking to each other. They turned to us and asked if we’d heard what was going on…and that Security Police were on their way. We walked to the room where the guy had been who thought he was Satan. On the way we almost ran into a girl. The room she left had its door open. We walked to the door and a group of young women were sitting in there. We asked them if they knew about what was happening. They told us it was them who had also experienced a demon. We told them we were Christians and immediately relieved they asked us to come in the room. They shut the door and began telling us about their night and hearing a demon speak to them.

The girls had been using a Ouija board and having a séance to talk to the dead. They decided to record the session on a tape recorder. After the séance was complete they played the tape back. What they heard was not what happened in the physical realm. Remember, this was a room of five women. As they listened they heard everything they had said, including one of the girls leaving the room and closing the door behind her. Then, suddenly they heard a knock on the door and a man’s voice. The male voice was unnaturally deep and responded to the knock “what do you want? ” The girls replayed the tape numerous times thinking they were just hearing things. They weren’t. When they played the tape for us it took 2-3 times before we heard the voice.

One of the girls relayed an experience to us about lying on her bed and seeing her room filled with spirits. It was as if they were at a party and she just lay there as they all interacted with one another but did not see her.

That very evening we sought out one of the base pastors to listen to the tape. Everyone we came in contact with thought we had lost our minds. The pastor did not believe us but listened anyway. He listened 10 times and still did not hear anything. He was ready to leave and talk to the base Generals about us when we pleaded with him to listen on more time. He reluctantly agreed. I silently prayed that God would open his ears and that although he did not believe us, he would hear it. The eleventh time he did hear the voice. Shock and terror moved across his 50 something face. He listened again and then told us he couldn’t help us. This was out of his league. He recommended we either forget it ever happened or speak to a priest.

A few days later we contacted an Assemblies of God pastor…one of the few non-denominational type pastors allowed on the base. We told him of our experiences and asked that we all meet him in his office around 9 p.m. Nine of us squeezed into his tiny office. When the girls began telling their story he asked the guys to leave so he could talk to them privately. While we were in the hallway one of the guys felt a very strong presence pass by and block us in the short hallway. One of the other guys was in the men’s room when this happened. He saw the look on our faces and could not believe what happened.

When we went back into the room the pastor could tell something had happened. We shared with him. He didn’t seem like he believed our stories so I diligently prayed that God would allow the demon to be seen. That God would allow this demon to use me to show the pastor he was really there. Suddenly everyone looked at me and started getting freaked out. They were scared and backed away. The pastor asked me if I was okay. I wasn’t I felt weird. Unbeknownst to me my face had turned purple…as if I were being choked and had no air. The pastor pulled me out into the hallway and asked me what had happened. I told him what I had prayed. After strongly rebuking me for my actions he told me how unsafe that was to do. I put myself in immense danger. He immediately prayed over me and cast the demon away from me. It was if my legs turned to jell-o and the pastor had to catch me from falling on the floor.

After these events this new group of friends formed a daily Bible study to help deal with the emotional events. We became very close and while we promised to keep in touch after we left Spain, we never did. I truly look forward to the day I can rejoin as many of these friends as possible on the other side of life. I also look forward to the opportunity of seeing behind the scenes of how God used this event in all of our lives and what was going on in the spiritual realm at that very time.
OMG...this is why modern day marketing is so successful. The marketers know that a majority of the population WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING!!!!

Get a clue. There are no ghosts/demons and Ouija boards are completely bunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality