U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 AM

3,570 posts, read 7,932,066 times

Advertisements

I have been asked by a few C-D members if I'd share my demon story with them. I've decided to post it here in the forum and would like to know if anyone has had experiences with this realm.

I will say that in America it seems we don't experience this realm as much as other countries. Why is that?

STORY BEGINS:

While I was stationed at an air base near Madrid, Spain it was my first encounter with the demonic realm. I was enlisted in the Air Force and working 12 hour shifts keeping inventory stocked for all the aircraft. One of my days off my friends and I were out on the base for the evening. It was late at night when we heard some strange things were going on in one of the barracks. Somebody was walking across the base talking about how some guy thought he was Satan. With an incredulous look on our faces my friends and I just had to see what was going on. Even though we were Christians, we were also in our early 20s and just plain interested

Walking down the barracks hallway there was an eerie feeling that can’t be described in the written word. It was an evil presence that seemed to pass through us and envelope the hall. A group of people were sitting outside the dayroom talking to each other. They turned to us and asked if we’d heard what was going on…and that Security Police were on their way. We walked to the room where the guy had been who thought he was Satan. On the way we almost ran into a girl. The room she left had its door open. We walked to the door and a group of young women were sitting in there. We asked them if they knew about what was happening. They told us it was them who had also experienced a demon. We told them we were Christians and immediately relieved they asked us to come in the room. They shut the door and began telling us about their night and hearing a demon speak to them.

The girls had been using a Ouija board and having a séance to talk to the dead. They decided to record the session on a tape recorder. After the séance was complete they played the tape back. What they heard was not what happened in the physical realm. Remember, this was a room of five women. As they listened they heard everything they had said, including one of the girls leaving the room and closing the door behind her. Then, suddenly they heard a knock on the door and a man’s voice. The male voice was unnaturally deep and responded to the knock “what do you want? ” The girls replayed the tape numerous times thinking they were just hearing things. They weren’t. When they played the tape for us it took 2-3 times before we heard the voice.

One of the girls relayed an experience to us about lying on her bed and seeing her room filled with spirits. It was as if they were at a party and she just lay there as they all interacted with one another but did not see her.

That very evening we sought out one of the base pastors to listen to the tape. Everyone we came in contact with thought we had lost our minds. The pastor did not believe us but listened anyway. He listened 10 times and still did not hear anything. He was ready to leave and talk to the base Generals about us when we pleaded with him to listen on more time. He reluctantly agreed. I silently prayed that God would open his ears and that although he did not believe us, he would hear it. The eleventh time he did hear the voice. Shock and terror moved across his 50 something face. He listened again and then told us he couldn’t help us. This was out of his league. He recommended we either forget it ever happened or speak to a priest.

A few days later we contacted an Assemblies of God pastor…one of the few non-denominational type pastors allowed on the base. We told him of our experiences and asked that we all meet him in his office around 9 p.m. Nine of us squeezed into his tiny office. When the girls began telling their story he asked the guys to leave so he could talk to them privately. While we were in the hallway one of the guys felt a very strong presence pass by and block us in the short hallway. One of the other guys was in the men’s room when this happened. He saw the look on our faces and could not believe what happened.

When we went back into the room the pastor could tell something had happened. We shared with him. He didn’t seem like he believed our stories so I diligently prayed that God would allow the demon to be seen. That God would allow this demon to use me to show the pastor he was really there. Suddenly everyone looked at me and started getting freaked out. They were scared and backed away. The pastor asked me if I was okay. I wasn’t I felt weird. Unbeknownst to me my face had turned purple…as if I were being choked and had no air. The pastor pulled me out into the hallway and asked me what had happened. I told him what I had prayed. After strongly rebuking me for my actions he told me how unsafe that was to do. I put myself in immense danger. He immediately prayed over me and cast the demon away from me. It was if my legs turned to jell-o and the pastor had to catch me from falling on the floor.

After these events this new group of friends formed a daily Bible study to help deal with the emotional events. We became very close and while we promised to keep in touch after we left Spain, we never did. I truly look forward to the day I can rejoin as many of these friends as possible on the other side of life. I also look forward to the opportunity of seeing behind the scenes of how God used this event in all of our lives and what was going on in the spiritual realm at that very time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 08:04 AM

13,495 posts, read 34,063,407 times
OMG Hoosier, I was waiting for you to tell us the story. It truly is eerie. Thank you so much for sharing it.

So what did YOU feel like during the time you turned purple and the Pastor prayed over you? Did you feel a sense of "self" at all or were you in a full state of awareness? Did you feel like YOU were in your body or like your soul was actually asleep during that time? (Maybe I didn't word those questions right, but do you know what I mean?) I'm sort of asking what one's soul feels like when their body has a demon.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 AM

1,467 posts, read 2,792,586 times
Freaky stuff, indeed. I believe this phenomena happens because I've had fairly similar experiences.

The first one involved a Ouija board where my friends' wife and I were using it with about 4-5 people around. As we continued on, I noticed the room getting dark even though it was a sunny mid-afternoon. I felt the presence of several entities around me inviting me to come with them. My friends' wife began trembling and we let go of the board which broke the contact we had made. Our friends noticed our faces had turned quite pale and we both had a very disturbed countenance about us. Needless, to say, we never used the board again after that.

Another time involved a party my sister was having with her friends from high school and we gathered some candles together and sat in a circle in the living room. My sister lost her mom about 4 years earlier and we were trying to reach her. For some reason, I went under pretty quick and I remember being visited by a spirit that said she was my sisters' mother. She told me to tell her that she was fine and that my sister was not to worry but to do well in life. Upon coming out of the "trance", I noticed that the six other girls had broken hand contact with me and that they were staring at me. I felt really cold and asked my sister if I could have some hot tea which I drank down in two gulps when she brought it to me.

The last story I have involved my ex-girlfriend and her satanic bible she owned. Even though I wasn't a follower of Christ at the time, I insisted she get rid of it. After a few minutes of debating, she agreed to it. We took the book out to the backyard to put on the barbeque grill her family owned. We doused the book in gas and waited a couple minutes for the gas to soak in (we had the book open about halfway). When we lit the book pages with matches, incredibly, the book did not ignite. We tried for about 10 minutes and finally prayed to God to intervene. A couple of minutes later, the book just ignited in a huge flash and to our surprise, the book was gone except for a few ashes at the bottom of the grill. We were pretty shook up.

These stories illustrate that Satan and his dominions are very real and we need to be in constant prayer to fight against him and what he wants to do to others. He wants nothing more than to take us down with him before the Lord comes back for His own. Don't let him do this!!!! Pray and fight the good fight!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:08 AM

21,637 posts, read 30,247,401 times
Ephesians 6:11-12 "Put on the all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all the strategies and tricks of the devil. For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world and against spirits in the heavenly realms".

We must be armed with truth of God to walk victorious everyday. We are fighting a spiritual battle against good and evil, God against satan. God has power over satan and has given us authority over satan. We must cotinually renew our minds of the truth in reading God's Word and prayer. Otherwise the devil can bring confusion and doubt into our lives.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,081,721 times
My friends are ministers in Nicaragua. In one remote village there is an empty house that fills with blood for no apparent reason. The floors and walls sweat blood until it is puddled on the floor and then it disappears. This happens at various times throughout the year. The villagers expect it and conduct rituals when the occurance happens. Let science explain that one.

Last edited by jeffncandace; 06-07-2007 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-04-2007, 08:25 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,376,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Ephesians 6:11-12 "Put on the all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all the strategies and tricks of the devil. For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world and against spirits in the heavenly realms".

We must be armed with truth of God to walk victorious everyday. We are fighting a spiritual battle against good and evil, God against satan. God has power over satan and has given us authority over satan. We must cotinually renew our minds of the truth in reading God's Word and prayer. Otherwise the devil can bring confusion and doubt into our lives.
I believe that if you keep God, love, angels, prayer and forgiveness in your heart daily, and do not engage in hate, fear or negativity you can keep yourself on the right path. There is much that we do not understand in this world, but I know from my own experiences that this is the way to stay in the light.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:19 AM

2,739 posts, read 7,851,694 times
The stories do make one thing clear: don't mess with Ouija boards, seances, etc!

Bud

Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 AM

25,740 posts, read 25,378,686 times
I hate to say this, Hoosier...and I do respect you and for the record, yes, I do believe freaky things can happen.

But...

To me it sounds like a mass hysteria. For one thing, the pastor not being able to hear the voice until the 11th try. As he played the tape over and over, the message his brain was getting was "It's in there...keep listening. It's in there...keep listening." He was watching the earnest faces of all these kids. It had to produce a lot of "electricity" (so to speak) in the air and high tensions and emotions, and an almost horror-movie-set atmosphere. Then all of a sudden, bingo, he hears the voice.

As for you kids being told this by the girls, well, you too walked into a very emotionally charged atmosphere. It was nighttime. Things were a little creepy already. Senses go on hyperdrive at night by instinct, because you don't know what's out to get you. You were Christian, so you believed in the concept of hell and demons. It was like setting a stage.

For an example, or analogy...The Salem Witch Trials were prefaced by what is commonly believed today to have been a mass hysteria. (Originally it was thought to be ergot poisoning, but the symptoms in retrospect don't seem to have matched 100%.) Anyway, teenage girls, repressed, feeling all these emotions but being taught by their culture and religion that these feelings had to be bad...and that they were from Satan...match that with a ghost story from the servant Tituba, and there you have it...everybody's seeing the devil all of a sudden.

Like I said, I respect you a lot and I do think it's possible for supernatural things to happen...and I wanted to believe your story, but right away there was the part about the pastor having to play this thing over and over. It seems a lot more psychological than psychic to me.

That's just my opinion. Maybe there really was a demon...I just don't feel like that was it, based on what you've said.

Last edited by JerZ; 06-04-2007 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: ergot, not ergo

Old 06-04-2007, 10:49 AM

13,572 posts, read 21,717,516 times
I was a kid once and thought I could make that ouigi board talk, when a bunch of us girls would have a sleep over. I was a really good story teller and my specialty was scary stories..After I had everyone to scared to go to the bathroom alone, I probably could have made them believe any thing, because they were feeding off each others fear(hysteria) Seriously though, I do think that if you call on the name of all that is evil, and believe it you will get it. I do believe that there is evil in this world caused by the devil and his demons.
A lot of sins are covered up with the excuse "The devil made me do it",or "I was possessed by evil spirits. " He had a choice, he chose wrong, he is guilty. Now to finally answer the question. IMO.IMO Jesus was healing the people of their mental illness. People did not understand or even know about mental illness 2000 years ago., not even the apostles, but they understood demons, so the healing was accepted. They could see the other healings, blind seeing, lame walking, dead arising, but they could not see the brain healing

Old 06-04-2007, 10:56 AM

3,434 posts, read 8,943,325 times
Mark 5:1-20 (web)
They came to the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
When he had come out of the boat,
immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
who had his dwelling in the tombs.
Nobody could bind him any more, not even with chains,
because he had been often bound with fetters and chains,
and the chains had been torn apart by him, and the fetters broken in pieces.
Nobody had the strength to tame him.
Always, night and day, in the tombs and in the mountains,
he was crying out, and cutting himself with stones.
When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and bowed down to him,
and crying out with a loud voice, he said,
"What have I to do with you, Jesus, you Son of the Most High God?
I adjure you by God, don’t torment me."
For he said to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!"
He asked him, "What is your name?"
He said to him, "My name is Legion, for we are many."
He begged him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
Now there was on the mountainside a great herd of pigs feeding.
All the demons begged him, saying,
"Send us into the pigs, that we may enter into them."
At once Jesus gave them permission.
The unclean spirits came out and entered into the pigs.
The herd of about two thousand rushed down the steep bank into the sea,
and they were drowned in the sea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality