Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 09:49 PM

18 posts, read 22,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post

LOL... yeah that was funny... especially the part where people are afraid to speak against God because they know their life will end one day, so they vent their bitterness and hatred towards His followers who do nothing more than explain what God Himself has said thin His Word. What is even funnier is how atheists consider it somewhat victorious showing cheap video edits of Christians on YouTube (lol), thinking they have won some great battle against the living God who decides the length of days of man. Yeah that was a good one. Kent is doing his part based on what is written in God's Word, and he is doing an excellent job showing 'evolutionists' their stupidity. You on the other hand have limited time here and still clueless of many spiritual things... hey, why not take Pascal's Wager?...maybe not, you might learn something so many other have, and as we can see, learning is not your strong point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 PM

18 posts, read 22,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I know Hovind is a liar and a fraud....Maybe you should be a bit more discerning when you pick your heros. By the way, there is NO science in the bible.
Science is simply the study of what can be seen and proven. The Bible states where it's all coming from and the authority and power behind things seen...and unseen. Kent is not my hero, Jesus is. Kent is simply showing where and who is behind the lies in the science books and how people like you fail to see even the 'science' in what is written.
There is a difference between the studying of a watch, and the knowledge of who fashioned it.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:20 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by methodmatriarch View Post
Sure... but what does that have to do with the fact that his answers are true?..and from the same science you hear everyday??? Did you know they targeted him with law because all the evolutionists he debated saw how embarrassingly wrong they were?... and the only thing they could 'conjure' against him had nothing to do with the truth in his debates...
(the blind does not want to see, because if they do, they will no longer have an excuse.)

Creation Science Evangelism | Browsing Media Categories (http://www.drdino.com/media-categories.php?c=seminars&v=10 - broken link)
Kent Hovind is a joke. He provided nothing but lies and misinformation to 'support' his claims. Evolution by natural selection is a fact of life. Also, you're siting an evangelical creationist website. The people running the site are preposturously biased on the matter.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:27 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
No. science is not nearly as simple as you say it is. Without science our life spans would be cut in half, and what we think of today as minor diseases would still be fatal. You and I wouldn't be communicating, there would be no electrical power, so no lights, appliances, phones or radios, no transportation other than horses or camels...We would still be hunter gatherers, that is if we had survived at all...Science not only studies a watch, but creates it.

It amazes me how someone who regularly uses many of the things science has given us can just dismiss it as though it didn't exist.

Getting back to the topic.....Do you think the universe came from nothing?

Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Sure... but what does that have to do with the fact that his answers are true?..and from the same science you hear everyday??? Did you know they targeted him with law because all the evolutionists he debated saw how embarrassingly wrong they were?... and the only thing they could 'conjure' against him had nothing to do with the truth in his debates...
Quote:
My..my...my... so easy to generalize using words like 'other creationists'...lol. and you forgot that what Kent Hovind states in his seminars is just scientific facts.
Quote:
All his statements are true and in relation to Biblical events
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha ha!!!!

POE ALERT!!

Old 04-15-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha ha!!!!

POE ALERT!!
Amazing!...How can you tell?

Old 04-15-2010, 12:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Years of practice man!

Old 04-15-2010, 12:45 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
No. science is not nearly as simple as you say it is. Without science our life spans would be cut in half, and what we think of today as minor diseases would still be fatal. You and I wouldn't be communicating, there would be no electrical power, so no lights, appliances, phones or radios, no transportation other than horses or camels...We would still be hunter gatherers, that is if we had survived at all...Science not only studies a watch, but creates it.

It amazes me how someone who regularly uses many of the things science has given us can just dismiss it as though it didn't exist.

Getting back to the topic.....Do you think the universe came from nothing?
Even the simplest of machines worked off of "scientific principles". Objects have mass, density, and gravity acts upon them...so man invented and used levers, inclined planes, screws, wedges, pulleys, and wheel/axle setups to do work...without having any knowledge of the "science" behind them, or the forces that were acting upon the objects they were seeking to manipulate the movement of. Men planting seeds and growing plants, or breeding and raising animals are working with "principles" that can be "scientifically explained."..but that doesn't mean they have to know anything about those "scientific principles" to apply them.

Science doesn't "create" anything...it "figures out" the "what-where-when-how" of things and conditions that already exist...and then as a derivative of that knowledge, goes on to figure out how to fashion tools that utilize those properties that they "figured out". They may fashion products that harness and direct the power (energy) of the properties they figured out...but that is simply science "developing", not science "creating".

Only God creates...and created EVERYTHING from NOTHING...when all that existed was God. Man isn't capable of creating anything... man just figures out and manipulates Gods creation to use for his own advantage or detriment.

Scientists have a very skewed view of what "science" is, and what it can "do". Science is nothing but a process used to analyze and learn about things and conditions that exist in the universe...and how we might manipulate those things and conditions. Science can't "do" anything...except "learn". And it sure can't "create" anything.

An analogy: Saying someone was punished by "the law". "The law" doesn't punish anyone...people applying the "rule of law" administer punishment.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:31 AM

You want to believe all that, fine with me, but every piece of technology we have today was first imagined, then created by people...Your god had nothing whatever to do with it...You can keep your supernatural stories, I'll stick with reality, thanks.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:07 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
You want to believe all that, fine with me, but every piece of technology we have today was first imagined, then created by people...Your god had nothing whatever to do with it...You can keep your supernatural stories, I'll stick with reality, thanks.
I guess we just see "creating" differently. I don't call taking existing matter and energy and manipulating it in a way that it acts to serve some function as "creating".
To me "creating" requires the production of the base elemental matter and energy where it did not exist previously. And it is REALITY that man has NEVER done that.
People have fashioned a lot of things...some with no knowledge of any "science and technology" behind what they fashioned... and everything they ever fashioned was done by manipulating existing matter and energy.

Man's two most significant "discoveries"...Fire and The Wheel. Man didn't even understand the "scientific concept" of "rapid oxidation"...but would you say he "created" fire? A solid disk with a hole through the center, and later, a flat plane formed 360 degrees into a continuous circular ring connected by spokes to a hub(the wheel)...turning on an axle through the center... may be mans greatest technological achivement...and he didn't apply the "Scientific Method" to "create" it. He just INVENTED it from the power of reason and existing materials.

"Inventing" and "Creating" are two different things. Man is only capable of the former...and has achieved it both with and without the assistance of information gained through "science".

REALITY is that people have never created anything...they just fashioned stuff out of existing matter and energy. I'll leave it up to you to figure out how the matter and energy that people use to make stuff out of was created to begin with...I already know the answer to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality