U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:21 PM

4,072 posts, read 4,974,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The topic states "The universe didn't come out of nothing". This is implying the universe came from SOMETHING. You said atheism/atheists claim to NOT know how the universe began. Well, i'm sure there are a lot of atheists that would have your head for that one, cause there sure are a lot here that states you know nothing of what you are talking about.
I speaking of the more intellectual atheists whose 'religious' views are rooted in science rather religion. Science currently has not found an empirically verified explanation for the origin of the universe, therefore, it follows that we don't know how the universe began. The problem with creationists is that they make the assumption that atheism says we came from nothing. This is false and ignorant.

Quote:
To bring u up to date it is 'evolutionists' that deny the concept of 'creation' and argues the concept of 'entropy'. Evolution and Creation are diametrically opposing beliefs, as so are them that defend one or the other. Christianity acknowledges the God of all creation not just from what they can see but from what God has personally and undeniably revealed in their lives.
Many evolutionists are religious and many are christian. The problem with creationism/ID is that they are not scientific claims. Evolution is.

Quote:
Atheists defend also what they have never seen, nor observed concerning the origin of matter and the universe. To believe in what you cannot see requires faith and faith is the essence of every religion. Atheistic beliefs and revelations are rooted in constantly changing and updated theories in the origin of the universe and matter, and there are several main topics (which you have proved in this blog to know little of either... another 'ad hominem' based on what you yourself have stated in the ignorance of your own beliefs). So tell me... which evolution topic are you even trying so feebly to defend?... and tell us Christians and your fellow athiests what your 'theory' is on this blog's topic.
The thread isn't about evolution(although it got diverted onto the topic of evolution), it's about the fact that atheism(in particular intellectual atheism) doesn't say the universe came from nothing. It says we don't currently know. I don't defend what I don't know. I accept the fact that I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 07:44 PM

4,072 posts, read 4,974,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
One, where is that quoted from and two i cringe whenever i hear 'personal God or personal Savior'...But, if he said that it does not negate his belief...
Albert Einstein Quotes on a Personal God: Einstein Denied Personal Gods, Prayer - Albert Einstein Saw Belief in Personal Gods as Fantasy, Childish

Einstein was an agnostic.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:50 PM

30,043 posts, read 30,755,704 times
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe......Albert Einstein

Old 05-09-2010, 08:08 PM

295 posts, read 257,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
Because when we look around we see order, which suggests design, which suggests a Creator. It actually gets a bit more detailed than this and there are other reasons but this should be enough to get those who are absolutely sure there is no higher power agitated.

My question remains the same. Why do Atheist, those who are certain there is no God, spend so much time and energy focused on something they “don’t believe in”?
I don't believe in this so called HUMAN GOD but I will say GOD may exist, and I may be exaggerating this response because our Galaxy, THE MILKY WAY, is like a drop of sand at the seashore!
Our Galaxy is just one in a BILLIONx100 other billion galaxies in the common Universe as we know it, so to say GOD created us, HUMAN BEINGS , is very narrow minded!

We as Humans SUGGEST everything since we are the only living beings in our own SOLAR SYSTEM!
Our star, the SUN is young, a very normal star unlike the many other stars in the universe, including our own Galaxy, THE MILKY WAY!

I find GODS hard to believe but I do not and will not deny the existance of GOD or whatever people want to believe in.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:21 PM

295 posts, read 257,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
I speaking of the more intellectual atheists whose 'religious' views are rooted in science rather religion. Science currently has not found an empirically verified explanation for the origin of the universe, therefore, it follows that we don't know how the universe began. The problem with creationists is that they make the assumption that atheism says we came from nothing. This is false and ignorant.I still believe we are the seeds of another universe and today it maybe fact.

Many evolutionists are religious and many are christian. The problem with creationism/ID is that they are not scientific claims. Evolution is.
I doubt GOD but give those who believe a right. I find it hard that a SUPER HUMAN BEING said let there be light, night and day...hard to imagine in this world but I respect the religious community and say let them give their beliefs!

The thread isn't about evolution(although it got diverted onto the topic of evolution), it's about the fact that atheism(in particular intellectual atheism) doesn't say the universe came from nothing. It says we don't currently know. I don't defend what I don't know. I accept the fact that I don't know.
I will consider myself Atheist but I always pray to GOD for whatever reason because even those like I,do not know who CREATED!

I LOVE THE THE STORY OF ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO!!!

The US military says it was a weather balloon but why so much controversy over a WEATHER BALLOON???

OOOOOOOOH, we are not alone!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:48 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,403,937 times
If you find it hard to believe that gods exist, why do you pray to one, and a particular one at that? Just in case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality