U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 06:39 AM

5,463 posts, read 5,784,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
you fail to understand that your so called evolution just might be one of the many intelligent design based on our solar system. ok whatever.
And your intelligent designer may have evolved from a race of super-gods. We can imagine all sorts of fantastic crazy sounding ideas that are in theory just barely possible. Of course when you look at the evidence there's no reason to give them any weight at all, and believing in them adds more questions than it answers, but if it makes you feel better there's no reason you can't believe all sorts of fantastic fairy tales. Just don't be surprised when no one else pays attention to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 AM

4,070 posts, read 4,966,742 times
Quote:
you fail to understand that your so called evolution just might be one of the many intelligent design based on our solar system's observation of life. ok whatever.
There is no evidence for ID, therefore it would be irrational to say it is true.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:01 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,066,870 times
dobeable

Quote:
How you came into existence and why you exist are two different things but ill leave it to ya and ill agree to disagree with your theorys
Yes, they are and it took me many years to come to the latter understanding.
And I can tell you in all honesty, that I know the purpose of my ephemeral existence on this planet is.

Quote:
im sure your a genuine person and i hope life treats ya well
To me, that is the most "Christian" response that I've read on these threads and I truly appreciate the sentiment expressed and I thank you for it. I also most sincerely wish the same for you.

Quote:
i cant rule out the God
Frankly, it isn't my purpose to dissuade you in your belief of god. In fact I would ask, stipulating for the moment the existence of god, would the majesty of a supreme creator be any less if this deity unleashed this creative power which, without any particular plan, lead to the birth of the universe and the random development of life on earth? I think not. After all, and as others have pointed out, there are devout Christian evolutionary scientist and cosmologist. Even the Catholic Church keeps one foot in the Biblical account and the other in the science of evolution and cosmology.

Adam, Eve, and Evolution

But either way, may your god be good to you.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,931,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
dobeable

Yes, they are and it took me many years to come to the latter understanding.
And I can tell you in all honesty, that I know the purpose of my ephemeral existence on this planet is.

To me, that is the most "Christian" response that I've read on these threads and I truly appreciate the sentiment expressed and I thank you for it. I also most sincerely wish the same for you.

Frankly, it isn't my purpose to dissuade you in your belief of god. In fact I would ask, stipulating for the moment the existence of god, would the majesty of a supreme creator be any less if this deity unleashed this creative power which, without any particular plan, lead to the birth of the universe and the random development of life on earth? I think not. After all, and as others have pointed out, there are devout Christian evolutionary scientist and cosmologist. Even the Catholic Church keeps one foot in the Biblical account and the other in the science of evolution and cosmology.

Adam, Eve, and Evolution

But either way, may your god be good to you.
im not actually a christian but i do beleive Jesus was here and that he was a type of avatar-and im not tryin to say that you shouldnt be doin what your doin, only you can know what you want and thats fine were all here to fullfill our desires -all i was tryin to say that their could be higher realitys than material dimension-and that beings have come in the past many times to tell us of these existences and how to get there-and in time everyone will go back where we came from eventually.

look up vedic cosmology its actually very interesting

-and maybe God did do it the evolutionary way-i wasnt actualy there-but if i beleive certain texts to be true and more importantly trusted and they tell that their was a first created being called Brahma and my heart tells me its true then ill go with my heart-but i have not read all the vedas it would probly take me a lifetime to go through it all so i dont know how he practically did it.but im sure its probly somethin mysticle-

i know- that last sentence didnt make sense-im sure its probably-yes definitly maybe

Old 03-26-2010, 05:38 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,066,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
all i was tryin to say that their could be higher realitys than material dimension
Why do theist always make the erroneous assumption that the goals and concerns of atheist are based upon materialism or some "materialist dimension".

Quote:
look up vedic cosmology its actually very interesting
Ah, yes the Cosmic Egg.

I have to say that it has more in common with scientific cosmology and evolution that Christianity.

Anyway, I high recommend Pharaoh Sanders, "The Creator Has A Master Plan" a great tune with Leon Thomas on vocals, Ron Carter on bass. Everyone religion needs a good spiritual.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Why do theist always make the erroneous assumption that the goals and concerns of atheist are based upon materialism or some "materialist dimension".

Ah, yes the Cosmic Egg.

I have to say that it has more in common with scientific cosmology and evolution that Christianity.

Anyway, I high recommend Pharaoh Sanders, "The Creator Has A Master Plan" a great tune with Leon Thomas on vocals, Ron Carter on bass. Everyone religion needs a good spiritual.
well if its not a spiritual goal then its a material goal,dosent nescessarily mean its wrong-just two different outcomes -one will have a permanant effect the other will have a temporary effect

ill check it out on you tube-the song that is

Old 03-27-2010, 04:45 AM

200 posts, read 258,716 times
I am going to repost this...

Everyone knows that the presidents faces on Mt. Rushmore were carved over millions and millions of years by wind, rain, and the natural effects of erosion.

How do we know it took million of years? We used "proven" methods to date the rock.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 AM

354 posts, read 677,876 times
mmmmm..... maybe not: what are you trying to prove? the monument was obviously man made, sculpted to be exact. accdg to wiki: The carving started in 1927, and ended in 1941, wow 14 yrs.. the rock was obviously been there when they searched for spots to carve.

which reminded me, our president for the longest time, the dictator ferdinand marcos copied it. i searched for it just now and was shocked at what was done to it. i did not even know this happened.

Bomb blows up monument Attack takes face off bust of ex-dictator in Philippines - Chicago Sun-Times | HighBeam Research - FREE trial

Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish

well as one article said, Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish. it was said it costs millions of philippine pesos to build it, yeah the good for nothing president deemed it much more WORTHY to spend those money to immortalize his corruption rather than use the money to better his fellow citizens who voted for him. i remember going there though when i was a kid. what a waste. that was just one of the many wasted ways the marcos regime spent their citizen's money. yes, they better themselves, rather than than their public. that is why i never cared for politics, politicians. i literally grew up in our government's public display of corruption. i KNOW i can not trust them.

Last edited by baket; 03-27-2010 at 05:49 AM..

Old 03-27-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
mmmmm..... maybe not: what are you trying to prove? the monument was obviously man made, sculpted to be exact. accdg to wiki: The carving started in 1927, and ended in 1941, wow 14 yrs.. the rock was obviously been there when they searched for spots to carve.

which reminded me, our president for the longest time, the dictator ferdinand marcos copied it. i searched for it just now and was shocked at what was done to it. i did not even know this happened.

Bomb blows up monument Attack takes face off bust of ex-dictator in Philippines - Chicago Sun-Times | HighBeam Research - FREE trial

Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish

well as one article said, Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish. it was said it costs millions of philippine pesos to build it, yeah the good for nothing president deemed it much more WORTHY to spend those money to immortalize his corruption rather than use the money to better his fellow citizens who voted for him. i remember going there though when i was a kid. what a waste. that was just one of the many wasted ways the marcos regime spent their citizen's money. yes, they better themselves, rather than than their public. that is why i never cared for politics, politicians. i literally grew up in our government's public display of corruption. i KNOW i can not trust them.
at least they have Manny Pacqiaou-he should run for the president-he came from poverty he'd know what to do-and if anyone opposes him he'd knock them outsorry for the off topic

Old 03-27-2010, 08:49 AM

13,870 posts, read 9,656,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm...mabeynot View Post
I am going to repost this...

Everyone knows that the presidents faces on Mt. Rushmore were carved over millions and millions of years by wind, rain, and the natural effects of erosion.

How do we know it took million of years? We used "proven" methods to date the rock.
I think we ignored it the first time because it was just too daft to warrant the effort of addressing it. It isn't any less so the second time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality