U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-28-2010, 03:14 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,676,547 times
Reputation: 495

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Tell us what you think a transitional is.

Argumentum ad Nausium!!


Transitional fossil are the fossilized remains of intermediary forms of life that illustrate an evolutionary transition.



And of course you would add, "Argumentum ad Nausium" because the prophecy account is true. And you have no logical way to counter it's truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2010, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,870 posts, read 9,656,549 times
Reputation: 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Transitional fossil are the fossilized remains of intermediary forms of life that illustrate an evolutionary transition.
Yes but what exactly do you expect to find. I mean, do you see a transitional fossil as half one animal and half another ....something like Banana Man's 'crocoduck'?


Quote:
And of course you would add, "Argumentum ad Nausium" because the prophecy account is true. And you have no logical way to counter it's truth.
Campbell, it has been discussed and refuted ad nausium. Even your own links proved your statement wrong. Forget it and move on for goodness sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,067,986 times
Reputation: 3717
Your definition only, and purposefully limted to your argument.

A transitional is any organism that is transitional between what came before it and what will follow it. Therefore, anything alive is a transitional becaue Evolution does not stop. Why would uit? It's primary mechanism, mutaitons, which you'll likely deny but which are very easily observed even in the flowers in yor garden, continue to occur.

So the organisms that result carry those mutations. If it's a lethal one, or damaging, like, say, sickle-cell anemia (you deny that happens, Tom?) or arthritis, or other known hereditary diseases, then the offspring are less successful, especially if they have to compete in a truly natural world.

Like our ancestors did. W'ere ALL transitionals, Tom. Even you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2010, 03:37 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,066,870 times
Reputation: 14878
[quote=Campbell34;13492429]The Bible has a few tidbits. LOL

Quote:
Can you show us real evolution?
12 Elegant Examples of Evolution | Wired Science | Wired.com


Quote:
Can you show us a real transitional that all in science would agree is a transitional?
Take your pick.

List of transitional fossils - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Quote:
In the last days God tells us in the Book of Ezekiel that He would allow the Jewish people to return to the land of Israel, and Jerusalem.
Well, then the finals days are about 2177 years late in coming. If we are correct and Ezekiel lived during the time of the Babylonian invasion of "Israel" in 597 BCE, and the first Jewish diaspora, his prophecy was fulfilled by the Maccabean Revolt in 167 BCE.

A Ready Defense-Old Testament Prophecy Fulfilled in History?

Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2010, 04:06 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,676,547 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes but what exactly do you expect to find. I mean, do you see a transitional fossil as half one animal and half another ....something like Banana Man's 'crocoduck'?


Campbell, it has been discussed and refuted ad nausium. Even your own links proved your statement wrong. Forget it and move on for goodness sake.
If such a transitional fossil did exist, there would have to be some that were obvious blended species. Logic would tell you that much. Yet, somehow you want us to believe that this change all occured behind some curtain, and millions of times we just never get to see that obvious change. And then you will tell us that such a thing should not be obvious. Yet when a fake transitional fossil appears. That is the first thing you guys would point to. That is, until they discover the fossil is a fake.
http://www.gracelawandsonship.com/dtf-182.asp


And Israels return was never refuted. It was just denied by some. And you have offered no evidence to suggest otherwise. And that is why you always speak in general on the topic and not in specifics. You guys are great at such empty ended denials. Scripture is detailed, and you ignore those details as if they never existed. Always saying such a prophecy was refuted, yet I have yet to see what evidence it was refute by. It's always, you have to look back throught our past post B.S.

Last edited by Campbell34; 03-28-2010 at 04:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,676,547 times
Reputation: 495
[quote=ovcatto;13492803]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Bible has a few tidbits. LOL



12 Elegant Examples of Evolution | Wired Science | Wired.com




Take your pick.

List of transitional fossils - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




Well, then the finals days are about 2177 years late in coming. If we are correct and Ezekiel lived during the time of the Babylonian invasion of "Israel" in 597 BCE, and the first Jewish diaspora, his prophecy was fulfilled by the Maccabean Revolt in 167 BCE.

A Ready Defense-Old Testament Prophecy Fulfilled in History?

Sorry.



The Maccabean Revolt in 167 BCE does not even come close to fulfilling the prophecy of Ezekiel. And if you had actually read the prophecy of Ezekiel 36,37,38, and 39 you would of understood that. Yet, I guess any blade of the grass will do, especially when you don't have anywhere else to go. Such an uninformed answer, and you really think anyone who knows their Bible, would accept such an answer? Please, go back and read the prophecy in Ezekiel chapters 36,37, 38, and 39.

And are you telling me all those transitinals are fully accepted by all believers in evolution?

Last edited by Campbell34; 03-28-2010 at 04:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2010, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,870 posts, read 9,656,549 times
Reputation: 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If such a transitional fossil did exist, there would have to be some that were obvious blended species.
Yes, as expected...you're expecting to see a fish-frog aren't you? Shouldn't have expected anything else really. Act of pure optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

Quote:
And Israels return was never refuted.
What was refuted was your claim that there are more Jews in Israel and Jurusalem now than in the USA. You were wrong. Others have pointed out to you that your figures don't add up and that there is no massive rush of Jews back to Israel. Your constant harping about this and denying what has been clearly pointed out to you is bordering on insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2010, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,684,539 times
Reputation: 12214
campbell, you wouldn't recognize a fact if it hit you square in the kisser.

Here is a transitional you might accept.

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/22531/original/epicCrocoduck.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2010, 04:59 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,066,870 times
Reputation: 14878
[quote=Campbell34;13493320][quote=ovcatto;13492803]


Quote:
The Maccabean Revolt in 167 BCE does not even come close to fulfilling the prophecy of Ezekiel.
It worked for the Jews since the Maccabean Revolt, IS the basis for Hanukkah.

Quote:
And if you had actually read the prophecy of Ezekiel 36,37,38, and 39 you would of understood that.
Why do you people habitually make such assumptions?

Quote:
Such an uninformed answer, and you really think anyone who knows there Bible, would accept such an answer?
Yeah, yeah, IF you had read the Bible, IF You REALLY KNEW the Bible then....

Here's your problem, there are Biblical scholars who are fluent in Greek, Aramaic, Latin and Hebrew who have spent their lives studying the Tanakh, the Old Testament, the Dead Sea Scrolls and the non-canoncal books of the Bible, all are devout Christians and Jews and they DON'T AGREE on what the Bible may or may not say. So, please... spare me.

Yes, Ezekiel really didn't mean the Second Temple that was built 500 years after his prophecy, he meant the THIRD TEMPLE, the one that still hasn't been built!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2010, 05:52 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 2,952,259 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If such a transitional fossil did exist, there would have to be some that were obvious blended species.
NO THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN. EVOLUTION DOES NOT WORK IN THIS FASHION AND IS A STRAWMAN OF CREATIONISM.

Evolution never has and never did say that monkeys give birth to humans, or that we would have crocoducks. That is a fabrication born of ignorance.

Quote:
Logic would tell you that much. Yet, somehow you want us to believe that this change all occured behind some curtain, and millions of times we just never get to see that obvious change. And then you will tell us that such a thing should not be obvious. Yet when a fake transitional fossil appears. That is the first thing you guys would point to. That is, until they discover the fossil is a fake.
Overcomer Ministries: Defending the Faith Apologetic Articles
?! National Geographic is a popular science magazine, not a peer reviewed journal. Try again.

Quote:
And Israels return was never refuted. It was just denied by some. And you have offered no evidence to suggest otherwise. And that is why you always speak in general on the topic and not in specifics. You guys are great at such empty ended denials. Scripture is detailed, and you ignore those details as if they never existed. Always saying such a prophecy was refuted, yet I have yet to see what evidence it was refute by. It's always, you have to look back throught our past post B.S.
Self-fulfilling prophecy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top