U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 2,952,259 times
Reputation: 909

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well anyone can make up stories and talk nonsense. The fact is, the El Toro Figurines had more advanced knowledge of dinosaurs then then science had about some of the dinosaurs that were displayed in the collection at the time of their discovery. How could that of been possible? Especially when the figurines were time tested, and found to be thousands of years old?

World Site of Dinosaur Figurines of Mexico: evidence that dinosaurs and humans coexisted!

Wait wait wait, holy ****ing hypocrisy.


You accept radiometric dating for clay figurines of dinosaurs, but reject it for everything else that states the Earth is older than 6000 years old?

And allow me to add the following. Skeptic information is mostly categorized under "Acámbaro figures"

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH710_2.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ac%C3%A...ence_of_a_hoax
http://www.detecting.org.uk/html/Aca...nd_Frauds.html
http://www.badarchaeology.net/data/ooparts/acambaro.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2010, 08:57 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,639,128 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post

Wait wait wait, holy ****ing hypocrisy.


You accept radiometric dating for clay figurines of dinosaurs, but reject it for everything else that states the Earth is older than 6000 years old?

And allow me to add the following. Skeptic information is mostly categorized under "Acámbaro figures"

CH710.2: Acambaro dinosaur figurines
Acámbaro figures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Acambaro Figures - Famous Fakes and Frauds
The “Acambaro figurines”
He's just going to go to his creationist website and post something else that is on there.. but it's all good, they have already been debunked for us.. I wonder if he will start to realize that these creationist site are the only people lying to him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2010, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,684,539 times
Reputation: 12214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The fossil reccord does not speak. It is people that interpret the evidence. Unfortunately evolutionist have made the wrong interpretation!
Oh, you have a doctorate in paleontology do you? Which university were you educated in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2010, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,684,539 times
Reputation: 12214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well anyone can make up stories and talk nonsense. The fact is, the El Toro Figurines had more advanced knowledge of dinosaurs then then science had about some of the dinosaurs that were displayed in the collection at the time of their discovery. How could that of been possible? Especially when the figurines were time tested, and found to be thousands of years old?

World Site of Dinosaur Figurines of Mexico: evidence that dinosaurs and humans coexisted!
Good grief, how many times are you going to repeat this figurine stuff...This must be at least the 6th or 7th time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,067,986 times
Reputation: 3717
Konraden, you have much to learn about this poster, grasshopper.

The Acambaro figurines are fake, for sure. The city ignored my 3 direct efforts (via e-mail to the woman mayor, and the city directors of antiquities and of tourism) to acquire a small sample, which I would have provided as a blind test sample, to be held by the local Catholic church near my alma mater (which did some of the '90s work in improving X-Ray fluorescence dating technologies to the point of irrefutibility).

So what does he say in response to that? "Science will not even look at these items" or "Science refuses to accept the results already made". Well, yes, results by a un-accredited Christian "university" back in the '60s, and where another credible outside source also claimed the tests were not conducted properly, that the samples were not collected nor handled properly and were therefore contaminated.

No more need be said. Just watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 12:00 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 2,952,259 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Konraden, you have much to learn about this poster, grasshopper.

The Acambaro figurines are fake, for sure. The city ignored my 3 direct efforts (via e-mail to the woman mayor, and the city directors of antiquities and of tourism) to acquire a small sample, which I would have provided as a blind test sample, to be held by the local Catholic church near my alma mater (which did some of the '90s work in improving X-Ray fluorescence dating technologies to the point of irrefutibility).

So what does he say in response to that? "Science will not even look at these items" or "Science refuses to accept the results already made". Well, yes, results by a un-accredited Christian "university" back in the '60s, and where another credible outside source also claimed the tests were not conducted properly, that the samples were not collected nor handled properly and were therefore contaminated.

No more need be said. Just watch.
Reminds me of the Shroud of Turin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,067,986 times
Reputation: 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post

Wait wait wait, holy ****ing hypocrisy.


You accept radiometric dating for clay figurines of dinosaurs, but reject it for everything else that states the Earth is older than 6000 years old?

And allow me to add the following. Skeptic information is mostly categorized under "Acámbaro figures"

CH710.2: Acambaro dinosaur figurines
Acámbaro figures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Acambaro Figures - Famous Fakes and Frauds
The “Acambaro figurines”
I hadn't read these for a while, Konraden! Thanks for the links! The third one ("Acamaro Figures - Famous Fakes") is very enlightening to the objective and open mind. It also provides a good cross-link to those faked Ica stones, in which their so-called discoverer eventually admitted he was making them with a dentist's drill and a manure-filled oven.

Quite compelling stuff! Frankly, I'd personally be somewhat averse to swallowing anything that was baked in manure! But then, I'm not a devout fundy.

This stuff is rich!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,067,986 times
Reputation: 3717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Reminds me of the Shroud of Turin.
It also begs the burning question: what WILL be the next big discovery that proves God's Holy Existence?

Perhaps a good amputee limb regeneration? Now that I'd love to see, and it might even turn the tide for my beliefs, frankly. The congregation all praying for Iraq War Veteran Corporal Jone's missing leg while he sits up front, and then, bright lights, a distinct humming sound, or angels singing on high, the video camera running, and "Bah-Zwauko", a new limb, all functioning and EVERYTHING!

Wow! Proof at last! No irrational blind faith required any more. World peace. Good deeds and humility from all men. No inbound meteorites, ever. No more animal cruelty either (poor kitties!). Or bad rap music.

But absent that, why doesn't the growing body of our excellent evidence turn their minds? Ever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 12:19 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 2,952,259 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
It also begs the burning question: what WILL be the next big discovery that proves God's Holy Existence?

Perhaps a good amputee limb regeneration? Now that I'd love to see, and it might even turn the tide for my beliefs, frankly. The congregation all praying for Iraq War Veteran Corporal Jone's missing leg while he sits up front, and then, bright lights, a distinct humming sound, or angels singing on high, the video camera running, and "Bah-Zwauko", a new limb, all functioning and EVERYTHING!

Wow! Proof at last! No irrational blind faith required any more. World peace. Good deeds and humility from all men. No inbound meteorites, ever. No more animal cruelty either (poor kitties!). Or bad rap music.

But absent that, why doesn't the growing body of our excellent evidence turn their minds? Ever?
Who knows, considering modern prosthetic limbs are more than just wooden stumps, and we're working our way through electric control of them. We're not entirely far off from having false-limbs that are controlled by our brains as a normal limb would be.

We have instant access to a stupendous amount of information, we can talk to people at the speed of light, we can kill people for relatively long periods of time, and bring them back to life, and people think we came from some higher power. We didn't come from a higher power, we're becoming one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,067,986 times
Reputation: 3717
Oh now THAT'S just arrogant, KR! Soon you'll be saying we're just fulfilling some Manifest Human Destiny in the larger universal picture. Imagine that; us careening recklessly around the galaxy in the not-too-distant future, taking over "lesser" planets, asking them whether they believe in (haw haw) a heavenly father. Imagine if they don't, huh? No "universal truth" out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top