U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM

13,624 posts, read 10,741,617 times

Advertisements

he told me he would be coming to earth for a brief visit in the year 9999. dang wont do us much good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 12:13 PM

563 posts, read 773,281 times
See what you think...;

Benjamin Creme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-24-2011, 01:21 PM

656 posts, read 904,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I wonder if this thread was intended to be a Buddhist-bashing thread.

As a follower of Theravada Buddhism, we follow the teachings of the "historical Buddha" Siddhartha Gautama. There were Buddhas before him and there will be more Buddhas to come ... one will be named Metteya (which means "Loving Kindness") - a name that in Mahayana Buddhism is sometimes called Maitreya.

We Buddhists reject the idea of a personal savior or "messiah" since enlightenment must come from within.

That some future Buddha is some sort of "anti-Christ" seems laughable to me.
Also the Maitreya is supposed to arrive after the Dharma has been essentially forgotten by mankind. Considering that there are still quite a few Buddhists around, I don't think that this is the guy.

His "magnetized water" sounds delicious, though. Just don't spill any on your hard drive.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:18 PM

5,563 posts, read 6,164,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKFire108 View Post
I think that it is stated on Benjamin Creme's site, Share International, that Maitreya the World Teacher and Master Jesus have close connections to the Vatican. I think this can be very interesting because the website says after this present Pope Benedict, Master Jesus (who is a disciple of Maitreya the World Teacher) will take over the Vatican. Then they can influence the whole Catholic world towards social justice issues which Maitreya the World Teacher is promoting. He will act as a unifier of the world's religions which I think can be good for a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKFire108 View Post
I know that would be very tough right? Actually what I've seen is that there is this man named Raj Patel which many people claim is Maitreya in disguise and Raj Patel has already appeared on many media such as the Colbert show and Democracy Now! and has authored his own book called The Value of Nothing. He also has affiliations with the United Nations, Rockefeller Foundation, and many other international organizations. I've read his book and what his book describes exactly tells the social, economic, political, and enviornmental reforms that would be needed in order to save a world in trouble. While it would seem far fetched, if Raj Patel is actually Maitreya and Raj has connections to very powerful organizatons such as the United Nations or the Rockefeller organizations, then I think he would have the ability to speak and become a "Messiah" like figure in the near future to a world on the brink of economic and environment disaster.
You do realize that this is describing either the antichrist or false prophet of revelation in the xian bible.

I am sure the xians will be VERY exited to hear this, anything to keep them rapture fires burning.

He fits the bill perfectly - head fer them hills folk

Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 PM

3,897 posts, read 4,768,991 times
Lightbulb Maitreya Project

Not to be confused with the being you mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoTST...eature=related

Old 03-24-2011, 03:57 PM

37,650 posts, read 25,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
You do realize that this is describing either the antichrist or false prophet of revelation in the xian bible.
I am sure the xians will be VERY exited to hear this, anything to keep them rapture fires burning.
He fits the bill perfectly - head fer them hills folk
This is another of those cases where the "expecters" missed the boat . . . like the Jews. Buddha expected the Maitreya . . . but his followers did not recognize Him when He appeared either. It is Jesus Christ.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:26 PM

5,563 posts, read 6,164,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is another of those cases where the "expecters" missed the boat . . . like the Jews. Buddha expected the Maitreya . . . but his followers did not recognize Him when He appeared either. It is Jesus Christ.
Have to disagree with you again.

Seeing that we are informed that Paul was prevented from going to Asia, by the HS to boot, it stands to reason they never heard of this jesus. Unless the three wise men from the east which in all likelihood were from the near east were buddhists? Then again they only saw a baby and we are not informed whether they hung around or even if they made it back to where they came from.

As for the jews, they did not accept him as he failed to fulfill the davidic prophesies.

Not that this has any bearing on reality as there is ample evidence to suggest much of the OT was no more than simple folklore and legend.

Besides that, the proposition for what he supposed to do kinda falls in nicely with the preconceived end of daze expectations leading to the end of the world.

I better assemble that guillotine I ordered from the Acme corporation and start sharpening the blade, it has been gathering dust since 1988. See back then I was scared of being left behind and thought it would help me blend in well with the other christian persecutors

Just opened the instructions, here's what it will look like

Just dunno how it is going to fit on my trailer.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:01 PM

37,650 posts, read 25,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Have to disagree with you again.

Seeing that we are informed that Paul was prevented from going to Asia, by the HS to boot, it stands to reason they never heard of this jesus. Unless the three wise men from the east which in all likelihood were from the near east were buddhists? Then again they only saw a baby and we are not informed whether they hung around or even if they made it back to where they came from.

As for the jews, they did not accept him as he failed to fulfill the davidic prophesies.

Not that this has any bearing on reality as there is ample evidence to suggest much of the OT was no more than simple folklore and legend.
Of course they didn't accept Him . . . their expectations were carnal (and ignorant). The Budhhists had a similar problem . . . they were hung up on a succession paradigm within their closed communities . . so they missed Him too.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 PM

22,583 posts, read 11,833,061 times
Quote:
Wrong.

Nonsense.

You are Christian so naturally you are proclaiming the founder of your religion as the true realization of the aspirations of peoples of other religions. It must pain you that others have rejected that which you have accepted.

The Jews have been oppressed, persecuted, discriminated against, tortured, and massacred because they have steadfastly refused to convert to Christianity by people - including clerics - calling themselves "Christians." A good examination of of nearly 1,800 years of Christian anti-semitism is the book by a Roman Catholic priest called "Constantine's Sword" (2001) by James Carroll.

I do not mean to disrespect your point of view, and I understand where you are coming from as this is part of your belief system, but in this day and age I think we must have the decency to respect peoples of different faiths and not dismiss their religions.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:51 PM

656 posts, read 904,590 times
Quote:
Just like that? No evidence to back it up or anything? Kind of a big statement to just put out there like that all on its own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality