U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 PM
 
37,546 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Reputation: 5857

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavemaster View Post
Just like that? No evidence to back it up or anything? Kind of a big statement to just put out there like that all on its own.
It is rather complicated and is based on the perfect attributes that Maitreya was to possess. If you evaluate the candidates in the past and present against them . . . Jesus is the ONLY one who possessed them to perfection even through scourging and death and has the history of acceptance to validate Him. Everyone is waiting for someone who is already with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2011, 09:59 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,151,648 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course they didn't accept Him . . . their expectations were carnal (and ignorant). The Budhhists had a similar problem . . . they were hung up on a succession paradigm within their closed communities . . so they missed Him too.
That does not make sense, the whole concept of jesus was based on a succession paradigm, he had to come form the line of david. It is odd however that the Jews trace back via the mother yet Matt and Luke trace back via the patriarchal line. You don't see the Jews of the day as closed communities?

This is odd because we are told he came primarily for the house of Israel, mention is made of other sheep and there are suggestions which may indicate that he may have preached to gentiles but his ministry NEVER went outside of Israel.

It is only when Paul comes on the scene as a false prophet, that the gentiles are addressed, even he always went to the Jews first, when he was rejected, he then went on to peddling his nonsense with the gentiles.

It is actually these alleged contradictory teachings of paul that make for a good case that chritisanity was a religion hijacked by the Romans and conferred on their subjects as a state religion. One only needs to monitor the debates in the xian forum to see that folk lean heavily on paul's alleged stuff as opposed to jesus' alleged stuff. I use the alleged as a qualifier as I really do not believe any of the accounts were true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 10:14 PM
 
37,546 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
That does not make sense, the whole concept of jesus was based on a succession paradigm, he had to come form the line of david. It is odd however that the Jews trace back via the mother yet Matt and Luke trace back via the patriarchal line. You don't see the Jews of the day as closed communities?

This is odd because we are told he came primarily for the house of Israel, mention is made of other sheep and there are suggestions which may indicate that he may have preached to gentiles but his ministry NEVER went outside of Israel.

It is only when Paul comes on the scene as a false prophet, that the gentiles are addressed, even he always went to the Jews first, when he was rejected, he then went on to peddling his nonsense with the gentiles.

It is actually these alleged contradictory teachings of paul that make for a good case that chritisanity was a religion hijacked by the Romans and conferred on their subjects as a state religion. One only needs to monitor the debates in the xian forum to see that folk lean heavily on paul's alleged stuff as opposed to jesus' alleged stuff. I use the alleged as a qualifier as I really do not believe any of the accounts were true.
You are still hung up on the specific religion and its aspects that drove you away, Seeker. You need to take a more global perspective on ALL the religions of the time. The "spiritual fossil record" reveals a very specific template for the "one who was to come" and how to validate Him by His "fruits," (accomplishments) teachings, impact on humanity and perfect attributes. They were ALL wrong in what they expected and what they believed was necessary for the ones they expected to arrive . . . even the so-called Christians, especially the Romans.. That is why they did not accept or recognize that He had arrived and what that TRULY signified. That "darkness" has persisted for 2000+ years largely due to the deliberate efforts of the religious leaders in Christianity and their focus on power and control . . . instead of understanding God. The largest collection of religious writings in the Vatican, for example, are about "Laws" . . . not God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 11:08 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,151,648 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are still hung up on the specific religion and its aspects that drove you away, Seeker.
Stop trying to avoid the question, you and I both know your ROOTS are christian and not from another religion.
Quote:
You need to take a more global perspective on ALL the religions of the time. The "spiritual fossil record" reveals a very specific template for the "one who was to come" and how to validate Him by His "fruits," (accomplishments) teachings, impact on humanity and perfect attributes.
His fruits and accomplishments are copies of earlier myths, there is nothing special of the jesus account, it is a man made religion.
Quote:
They were ALL wrong in what they expected and what they believed was necessary for the ones they expected to arrive . . . even the so-called Christians, especially the Romans..
Yes, esp. the Romans as they are the ones that invented christianity. The whole tale is fabricated and yeshua as his name should be was just another rabbi teacher that may or may not have been crucified and the concept of CHRIST is nowhere to be found in Hebrew scriptures, they expect a messiah. IIRC he would be referred to as Moshe not Christ. Surely you do not need me to point this out to you.
Quote:
That is why they did not accept or recognize that He had arrived and what that TRULY signified. That "darkness" has persisted for 2000+ years largely due to the deliberate efforts of the religious leaders in Christianity and their focus on power and control . . . instead of understanding God. The largest collection of religious writings in the Vatican, for example, are about "Laws" . . . not God.
You are saying what I am saying just different words. The xian faith and all its myths are a fabrication of the Roman Empire wanting a state religion, they hijacked the Hebrew faith and tacked on the NT to their texts which are hugely mistranslated from Hebrew in many cases to lend credence to the concepts of the pagan hell which Judaism does not teach.

What you have, as far as I can see, is a "new agey" type of theology and the god in your mind does not necessarily reflect biblegod, but the roots are there nonetheless. IMO this spiritual fossil record is nothing more than a label trying to validate cherry picking not only of the xian bible but perhaps other holy texts too. By this I mean you see correlations but this should be no surprise, islam and xianity plagiarized the jewish faith, I have not studied buddhism but it does seem there are correlations there too.

Would I be correct in inferring yours is a method of introspection and finding the god within? If so you are probably closer to buddhism than xianity but are hanging onto your roots. As I understand it this is OK with Buddhism as they do not have a particular god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 11:42 PM
 
Location: California
3,897 posts, read 4,758,390 times
Reputation: 3057
Lightbulb Maitreya Mantra

Om Mohi Mohi
Maha Mohi
Soha Om Muni
Muni Mara Soha.
Om Maitreya Hum
www.maitreyaproject.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 11:47 PM
 
37,546 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Stop trying to avoid the question, you and I both know your ROOTS are christian and not from another religion.
My roots as you call them are Buddhist atheist despite my early Catholic upbringing . . . which I abandoned in my pre-teens. Apparently I was unable to remain "lost" to Jesus . . . He found me . . . and in a spectacular way.
Quote:
His fruits and accomplishments are copies of earlier myths, there is nothing special of the jesus account, it is a man made religion.
You fail to see the significance of the evolutionary record presaging what Jesus accomplished in its most sophisticated and elegant version that has had 2000+ years of validation without replacement.
Quote:
Yes, esp. the Romans as they are the ones that invented christianity. The whole tale is fabricated and yeshua as his name should be was just another rabbi teacher that may or may not have been crucified and the concept of CHRIST is nowhere to be found in Hebrew scriptures, they expect a messiah. IIRC he would be referred to as Moshe not Christ. Surely you do not need me to point this out to you.
You are saying what I am saying just different words. The xian faith and all its myths are a fabrication of the Roman Empire wanting a state religion, they hijacked the Hebrew faith and tacked on the NT to their texts which are hugely mistranslated from Hebrew in many cases to lend credence to the concepts of the pagan hell which Judaism does not teach.
I am very familiar with the religions involved, Seeker . . . but the RCC did not produce a complete fabrication . . . they embellished for control purposes a stagnant understanding and refused to evolve their understanding beyond the 1st century carnal ignorance that Paul referred to as "milk" instead of "solid food."
Quote:
What you have, as far as I can see, is a "new agey" type of theology and the god in your mind does not necessarily reflect biblegod, but the roots are there nonetheless. IMO this spiritual fossil record is nothing more than a label trying to validate cherry picking not only of the xian bible but perhaps other holy texts too. By this I mean you see correlations but this should be no surprise, islam and xianity plagiarized the jewish faith, I have not studied buddhism but it does seem there are correlations there too.

Would I be correct in inferring yours is a method of introspection and finding the god within? If so you are probably closer to buddhism than xianity but are hanging onto your roots. As I understand it this is OK with Buddhism as they do not have a particular god.
There is nothing "new agey" about my Christianity. I just understand Christ's true significance and role in humanity's path to understanding and relating to God. It involves structural scientific understanding of the composition of reality and Christ's role in altering humanity's collective consciousness output to resonate with God's . . . creating a literal "path" to God through resonance with Jesus in "Love of God and each other." It also involves the societal dynamics and acceptance of a belief system necessary to drive human understanding to the point where this would become clear eventually . . . as it has for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 11:57 PM
 
Location: California
3,897 posts, read 4,758,390 times
Reputation: 3057
Lightbulb More on the Maitreya Project

Maitreya Project

"World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just the absence of violence. Peace is the manifestation of human compassion."
ó His Holiness the Dalai Lama

The aim of Maitreya Project is to bring:
  • long-term social and economic benefit to millions of people in northern India.
  • sustained spiritual benefit to the world community.
The focus of Maitreya Projectís activities is building:
  • a 500ft/152m bronze statue of the future buddha Maitreya in Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh State.
  • a 150ft/45m statue of Maitreya in Bodhgaya, Bihar State.
In northern India, Kushinagar and Bodhgaya are regions where literacy rates are very low and millions of people are living in extreme poverty, relying on subsistence farming and menial labour.
Maitreya Project will benefit these regions through:
  • Education for village children from poor families, utilizing a unique curriculum that emphasizes ethical development as well as academic achievement; covering primary, secondary and vocational education.
  • Healthcare of international standard.
  • Employment and commerce that will provide work for more than a thousand people during construction as well as creating sustainable jobs for the future and bringing thousands of related employment opportunities to the region.
  • Supporting tourism in connection with the regionís rich spiritual heritage.
  • Acting as a catalyst and sustaining influence for many other infrastructural improvements.
Both statues, along with their throne buildings and parks, will be blessed throughout by sacred art that is both traditional and modern.
In both the long and short term, Maitreya Project will contribute significantly to the well-being of the region and aims to become a model of socially responsible development Ė environmentally sustainable, designed and built to last at least 1,000 years.
And even now, the very heart of Maitreya Project, loving-kindness, is brought to people all over the world through the Maitreya Project Heart Shrine Relic Tour. The Relic Tour brings together people of all humanitarian and spiritual traditions to create the causes for world peace by sharing the blessings of a unique and precious collection of more than 1,000 sacred Buddhist relics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top