U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:35 AM

938 posts, read 1,045,894 times

Advertisements

Is this guy for real? you decide.

Maitreya The World Teacher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 07:41 AM

13,837 posts, read 9,645,205 times
Dunno! But if he does what he says he wants to do, he gets my vote.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 AM

2,616 posts, read 3,919,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Is this guy for real? you decide.

Maitreya The World Teacher
Maitreya is according to Benjamin Creme, a great teacher who will come and teach humanity to get along and share our resources. He claims that Maitreya is coming with other great men of wisdom. He claims that he has appeared on live television. He claims that he coming has been proceeded by a star like that of Jesus Christ.

Maitreya by definition means "freind".

Creme and the "new age" movement believe this Maitreya to be the messiah to the Christians/Imam Mahdi to the Muslims. The Budhist claim he is Maitreya Buddha. Creme claims the Buddhist got his name correct.

IMO, Maitreya is none other then the Anti-Christ himself. He is the incarnation of Lucifer/Satan. I think that this is a sign of the end times because the bible says that many will come claiming they are Christ and this is just another example. However, I think that this perticular false christ, if he does appear is in fact none other than Satan. And his men of Wisdom are other embodiments of Satan's fallen angels.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 AM

938 posts, read 1,045,894 times
So Benjamin Creme is the guy promoting this Maitreya guy? Now it's clear. Maitreya is a nutjob.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 PM

551 posts, read 960,309 times
I have heard of this Maitreya the World Teacher character for a long time.

I think that he is coming soon, and it is because of the recent Japan quake. The reason why I think he will be coming soon is that on his website, Share International, he said that the coming economic stock crash that would plunge the world's markets into chaos would would start in Japan. I have heard on the news that the stocks have gone down ever since the earthquake in Japan. He also said that nuclear power plants are bad due to some metaphysical reason, and they should all be shut down. The recent nuclear meltdown in Japan gives me reason to believe that he and his "Space Brothers" are also going to come soon since he would try to get the world to get rid of their nuclear power plants. The whole world is also in much more economic trouble than it was in prior times, so I think the time is prime that Maitreya will come soon.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 PM

701 posts, read 658,071 times
The idea of Maitreya is rooted in Buddhism and is about as old as that religion. I believe that just about every major religion, with the exception of Atheism, believes in the return of some important figure, and in Buddhism that figure is known as Maitreya. I personally believe the in the 2nd coming of Christ, and one of the most significant events that will precede that, will be Satan appearing to the world as a Christ-like figure in an attempt to unite the world in a great big deception. He will perform many wonders and miracles, and convince the world to follow him instead of the true Christ. I think one of the key signs of his deception will be his elevation of Sunday, the 1st day of the week, as a Holy day instead of Saturday, the 7th day of the week, as it is mentioned in the 10 Commandments.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:24 PM

22,583 posts, read 11,763,332 times
Default And now a word from a Buddhist ...

I wonder if this thread was intended to be a Buddhist-bashing thread.

As a follower of Theravada Buddhism, we follow the teachings of the "historical Buddha" Siddhartha Gautama. There were Buddhas before him and there will be more Buddhas to come ... one will be named Metteya (which means "Loving Kindness") - a name that in Mahayana Buddhism is sometimes called Maitreya.

We Buddhists reject the idea of a personal savior or "messiah" since enlightenment must come from within.

That some future Buddha is some sort of "anti-Christ" seems laughable to me.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
The idea of Maitreya is rooted in Buddhism and is about as old as that religion. I believe that just about every major religion, with the exception of Atheism, believes in the return of some important figure, and in Buddhism that figure is known as Maitreya. I personally believe the in the 2nd coming of Christ, and one of the most significant events that will precede that, will be Satan appearing to the world as a Christ-like figure in an attempt to unite the world in a great big deception. He will perform many wonders and miracles, and convince the world to follow him instead of the true Christ. I think one of the key signs of his deception will be his elevation of Sunday, the 1st day of the week, as a Holy day instead of Saturday, the 7th day of the week, as it is mentioned in the 10 Commandments.
I think that it is stated on Benjamin Creme's site, Share International, that Maitreya the World Teacher and Master Jesus have close connections to the Vatican. I think this can be very interesting because the website says after this present Pope Benedict, Master Jesus (who is a disciple of Maitreya the World Teacher) will take over the Vatican. Then they can influence the whole Catholic world towards social justice issues which Maitreya the World Teacher is promoting. He will act as a unifier of the world's religions which I think can be good for a time.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:51 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,709,520 times
I should think it's tough to be a world teacher when most of the world has either never heard of you, or completely discredits you if they have.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I should think it's tough to be a world teacher when most of the world has either never heard of you, or completely discredits you if they have.
I know that would be very tough right? Actually what I've seen is that there is this man named Raj Patel which many people claim is Maitreya in disguise and Raj Patel has already appeared on many media such as the Colbert show and Democracy Now! and has authored his own book called The Value of Nothing. He also has affiliations with the United Nations, Rockefeller Foundation, and many other international organizations. I've read his book and what his book describes exactly tells the social, economic, political, and enviornmental reforms that would be needed in order to save a world in trouble. While it would seem far fetched, if Raj Patel is actually Maitreya and Raj has connections to very powerful organizatons such as the United Nations or the Rockefeller organizations, then I think he would have the ability to speak and become a "Messiah" like figure in the near future to a world on the brink of economic and enviornment disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality