Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:57 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times

Advertisements

There. "Nuff said by all these good folks? Inquiry answered, methodmatriarch? I'd say so, unless you might be trolling here.....

(I have nothing additional or fresh to add. It's all been so well said already, plus the countless other threads on this subject already open and running here on C-D. Where, BTW, Creationism is in dire straights when confronted by reality and logic.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 12:08 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by methodmatriarch View Post
In comparing notes on evolution vs. creation
Why that dreadful word 'versus'? God created via evolution, there is nothing more to be said.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Why that dreadful word 'versus'? God created via evolution, there is nothing more to be said.
That would be the saner theist position to take and it would take the acrimony between theist and atheist down a notch or two.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,073 times
The only flaw with evolution is the masses inability to understand even the most basic points of it.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:48 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
I don't think that it's that they couldn't understand it, Spotted1; rather the thought of reading, studying and subsequently understanding it and it's implications scares the bovine excretia right out of them.

I mean, to convert their usual comment, "What if you're wrong?"

Oh. My. God! Save. Me!!

Old 04-03-2010, 05:26 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,624,286 times
Quote:
In comparing notes on evolution vs. creation, i've discovered both require faith. And unless you've lived over several million years ago, I doubt you'd disagree. Lets hear what you guys have to say.
The term 'creation' has to do with origins.

'Evolution' (Macro) is merely an outdated and hugely speculative hypothesis concerning supposed transitions of various living beings through time.

I think it would perhaps be more on point to assert that both the presupposition/supposition of a Creator's existence and the presupposition/supposition of a Creator's non-existence require faith.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:28 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
“Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.”....Thomas Gray

Old 04-03-2010, 07:40 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
In comparing notes on evolution vs. creation, i've discovered both require faith. And unless you've lived over several million years ago, I doubt you'd disagree. Lets hear what you guys have to say.
When it comes to arguments and debating scientific fact, I will use evolution to get my point across. But when it comes to personal beliefs, I couldn't give two cents about it. I don't believe it. It's preposterous. To even put human beings on the same class as those wildebeast. Pfft-phank.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:04 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Is evolution a flawed alternative?

Well,...... actually I have considered the bible as the flawed alternative.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:27 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
In comparing notes on evolution vs. creation, i've discovered both require faith

Well, creation does require a lot of faith and an ignorance of facts. If there is any faith in the theory of evolution, it is faith that Darwin did not plagiarize his thesis. And.....since no one else in all of recorded history had ever come up with the data to back up such a claim as evolution makes, the likelihood that ole Charles copied, is quite remote. In one sense I suppose the Theory of Evolution does require some amount of faith. The same faith that is necessary to believe and understand that (A)(B) = (B)(A). I, as have several others here, I suspect, read the book. It is positively Brilliant. Admittedly somewhat dry, but Brilliant none-the-less. I then read Stephen J. Goulds', "Structure of Evolutionary Theory", I have trusted his well reasoned opinions for decades. Normally his writing is lively, often humorous, not the case with his "Structure" again, Brilliant!, Admittedly somewhat dry but Brilliant none-the-less. Alas, most science texts do not make it into "Readers Digest Condensed", versions.

Last edited by Dusty Rhodes; 04-03-2010 at 09:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality