Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times

Advertisements

Actually, among the Asians, and therefore the American Indian, there is a genetic quirk that causes alcohol to be assimilated differently into the body than it does in the other human groups. I am hazy on the details as it has been a long time, but it's something about it going to the brain quicker and the person starts to feel 'good' quicker. They get drunk quicker. Hence, it's more sort after and if they aren't careful, they become dependent quicker.

Other sins, such as anger, may be the product of environment or culture. The parent that can't control his or her temper, isn't going to be able to help the child to learn to control his. It's the same thing with selfishness and greed. If they have been raised to believe that anything they want, they can take, they won't change and they will teach by example.

So, in that case, yes, the sins of the father will certainly be passed on generation to generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 02:27 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,403 times
Glory to Jesus!

Generational Curses are nothing to be afraid of, they can be broken through the name of Jesus, because "he has come to set the captives free." "Jesus was manifested so that he might destroy the works of the devil."

As Kenneth Hagin always said, Thank God there's DELIVERANCE!!!
HALLELUJAH

Old 10-16-2007, 07:08 PM

58 posts, read 137,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Glory to Jesus!

Generational Curses are nothing to be afraid of, they can be broken through the name of Jesus, because "he has come to set the captives free." "Jesus was manifested so that he might destroy the works of the devil."

As Kenneth Hagin always said, Thank God there's DELIVERANCE!!!
HALLELUJAH
So even though his descendants are cursed, he breaks the curse that stated he will never rule. Interesting, sounds more like circular logic. He is G-d because of the prophecy, he can break prophesy because he is G-d.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:11 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
I don't know about Generational Curses (with capital G and C).
But I have a generational curse of my own.
I was raised by evangelical Christians who taught me that Mormons (and JWs, too) are wrong-minded blasphemers.
I have long since rejected any and all religions, but I'm still more critical of Mormons than probably any other religious group.
Why? They are no less credible to me than any denomination of any religion.
Thanks mom and dad.
As Homer Simpson says, "Kids are great. You can teach 'em to hate what you hate!"

Old 10-17-2007, 04:45 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,240 times
I do not believe in generational curses. I believe in the temporal consequences of sin, but that's as close as I get.

How much did Jesus preach about generational curses? How about the Apostle Paul? Ministries that get all knotted up over Pre-Trib, Post-Trib, Non-Trib, Generational Curses, Deliverance from Demons, etc...are missing the point. Christ born, crucified, and risen--that is the base of what is good in Christian theology. The teaching of generational curses is not a Christ-centered teaching.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
How much did Jesus preach about generational curses?
One possible reason could be that he was ashamed of his history. Do you tend to preach things that you're ashamed of?

Old 10-17-2007, 09:55 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by Y'honatan
Quote:
One possible reason could be that he was ashamed of his history. Do you tend to preach things that you're ashamed of?
Its pretty selfish not to do so, especially if you could save the life of others.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Its pretty selfish not to do so, especially if you could save the life of others.
Let me make it more clear. Is it possible that he chose not to discuss blood curses because one of his own descendents was told that his blood line was cut off and that none of his seed shall sit on the throne of david? Kind of kills any hope for being the Moshiach....

Look at the geneology of Matthew, then look up a guy named Jeconiah or Jeckonia - I don't know his English name.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:36 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Quote:
Let me make it more clear. Is it possible that he chose not to discuss blood curses because one of his own descendents was told that his blood line was cut off and that none of his seed shall sit on the throne of david? Kind of kills any hope for being the Moshiach....
What I meant is that suppose X got HIV-infected because he had a lot of unprotected sex with several partners. Would it then not be selfish not to warn others of the dangers of having unprotected sex?
Either you care more about the life of others and warn them or you care more about your shame (or stupidity) and say nothing about being HIV infected.
In my opinion caring more about yourself by hiding your shame or stupidity is selfish.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Y'honatanWhat I meant is that suppose X got HIV-infected because he had a lot of unprotected sex with several partners. Would it then not be selfish not to warn others of the dangers of having unprotected sex?
Either you care more about the life of others and warn them or you care more about your shame (or stupidity) and say nothing about being HIV infected.
In my opinion caring more about yourself by hiding your shame or stupidity is selfish.
Does that apply to jesus as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality