Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:54 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,878,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Cars can once again go 120mph (downhill) and have the handling to feel secure at that speed. I don't know anywhere that has a speed limit over 75mph. A bit moot since I no longer drive much. The gas side of a Prius is bigger and more powerful than the engine of my 94 Honda Civic Wagon. I drove across the country twice in that Hondab with everything I owned at the time. Does the gas side of a parallel hybrid need to be 97 horsepower??

We humans are making all kinds of progress in developing products that make money for some but we are woefully lacking in the resources to develop useful technologies to take mankind into the future and/or keep humanity intact to make it to the next step. H
Agreed: we're likely doomed. I spent a long time in the senior management side of environmental engineering and the (hopeful) prevention of ecological disaster. In the end I had to run, screaming, from the "room" as it were. I had correctly determined there's precious little hope for man in light of his overbearing arrogance and greed. Which is so often asserted as part of Christianity's grand objectives I"m afraid.

I will tell you though; most modern cars with their computer-designed vehicle dynamics, are quite safe at extended high speeds. Out in Montana, even today, you can, by winking at the Montana Highway Patrol, cruise past 'em at an honest 85 - 90 if the conditions are safe. Of course, no weaving through heavy traffic, or in mountainous curves are a no-no, but it was the "all knowing, all seeing" Feds who mandated the return to "safer" speed limits in the past 12 or so years out there. Prior to that, it was "Reasonable & Prudent" which allowed you to run your Mustang GT or Corvette or even Honda Prelude at a calm, safe 125. My '87 Volvo Turbo Wagon, with aftermarket suspension improvements, will run all day at "Euro-safe" speeds on such highways, at 135. all while I listen, calmly, to Mozart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNobody View Post
You mean relativistic physics right.
Yep.

And now a note from the crackpot Tim Unruh, via his minion here on Earth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
UFOs are here for a reason. In the Christian faith, it speaks of a time when Christ will remove His church from off the earth. Now if that were to happen, most people finding churches empty no doubt would believe that is what actually occured. Especially if it was on a global scale. However, back in the 1970s I recall reading stories of people who claimed to be in contact with aliens.

The Bible speaks of such a man, it calls him the Anti Christ. And it's obvious, he is going to try and take credit for the dissappearance of the Christian Church. And when we hear of Alien abductions today. This is planting in the minds of earths population, that such an abduction, would be possible. The Biblical God tells us, that a great day of deception will fall upon the earth in the last days.
I've just spent another half hour educating myself about the deception in Unruh's outrageously assumptive and spuriously noxious works. Here's a few paragraphs. What fantastic, unsupported nonsense!:

"According to a recent survey of several hundred people, who claimed to have been abducted by aliens, there were no true Bible believing Christians found among the interviewees. Thus, we find another "red-flag" indicator that this phenomenon is decidedly demonic."

"Already, the voices of tormented millions world wide are heard through the media describing their previously inexplicable experiences. In the U.S. alone, experts estimate that close to one million people claim to have been abducted by aliens. These are not cases of individuals vying for attention or about individuals experiencing some unknown aspect of themselves, this has every manifestation of a real effect that has its precedent in, and is decidedly akin to that which resulted from the invasion of the "sons of God" as the Biblical record reveals in Genesis 6:1-4."

One: millions? Two: Experts? Who, exactly? Tim doesn't EVER reveal his sources on this vital information. Three: Genesis 6:1-4 says no such things.

"A sequence recently aired on national television showing alleged U.S. government technicians conducting an autopsy on strange corpses from a crashed alien space ship has captured a great deal of attention and generated much controversy."

One: Which national TV show? When did it air, precisely? I and others are not aware of this so-called great deal of attention and controversy.

Quote:
NOTE A: Unruh is stricken with the absurd idea that if you make it up and say it over and over, why then it must be so!
"Though this most strategic aspect of Satan's agenda was foiled, the angelic interbreeding wrought havoc to this Earth. Wickedness became so widespread, even into the animal world, that God had to send the judgment of Noah's flood. The actual existence of the "mythological" figures of the satyr (goat-man) and centaur (horse-man), for example, are monstrosities which likely have an historical basis in fact. Demonic meddling in animal genetics could very well have brought about the grotesque assemblages of the "gods" that we read about in ancient mythology. When the outbreak occurred again, after the Flood, God imprisoned the wicked spirits in Tartarus and omnipotently brought the outbreak to an end."

One: Hmmm... a new interpretation of why Noah had to build that Ark. Also, Noah is claimed to be what, 900+ years old. What I did discover in reading Genesis 6 this afternoon was this absolute recorded statement by God: "My spirit shall not abide in mortals forever, for they are flesh; their days shall be one hundred twenty years."

Two: At least Tim Unruh makes continual reference to genetic modification, DNA codes and evolution of the species of man, though he simultaneously cites "evolution" as being a fantasy that has been completely discredited. see Note "A" in the box above to fully understand this strategy. He likes it both ways....He claims UFOs were sent to permanently alter the seed of mankind though genetic contamination & mutation. You know; like in evolution? Oopppsss.

"Legends are recorded in Chariots of the Gods. These ancient astronauts promised to one day return from the stars, as they came the first time...a perfect counterfeit of the second coming of Christ."

One: Conjecture and speculation. Fantasy & imagination, creatively combined. Pure and simple.

"Indeed, intelligent alien beings did come to Earth from outer space. Yes, they did breed with human women. Yes, they did give birth to a new kind of offspring - not homo sapiens - but a part-angel, part-human, freak hybrid strain of giants; and yes they did change the course of mankind in this world. In the wake of their activity, they left a legacy of unrestrained wickedness so intense that people the world over seem to have effaced its horror from their history by remembering it only as fanciful mythology of bygone golden ages. For this, "...God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them into chains of darkness to be reserved unto judgment" (II Peter 2:4)."

I'll repeat my numbered point, directly above:

One: Conjecture and speculation. Pure and simple, with no basis in observed fact nor history.

And finally, this doosie conclusion by Timmy: (my incredulous highlights in red...):

"Discerning Christians have suggested that those involved with these apparitions are not in contact with extraterrestrials but with demonic spirits intent on driving people away from Christ. It is evident that the same entities who operate in haunted houses are likely the same agents that are at work propagating the UFO and related phenomenon, with some likely technical assistance from misguided and depraved humanity, quite possibly a demon possessed segment of human collaborators.

As revealed in the context of an obscure, yet most profound portion of Scripture, we find a most amazing Biblical precedent to the present day dilemma, namely the startling account of a massive "alien" invasion during the days of Noah, as recorded in Genesis 6:1-4."

(Alternately, my read and quote of Genesis: 1-4 is: "The Nephilim were on the Earth at this time. These were the heroes that were of old; warriors of renown."

Hardly the spawn of Satan. Hardly monstrous, alien giants, looking to breed with your young daughters.

This is all make-believe of course, IMHO, but you be the judge. UFOs as Satan's minions... Honestly! Too much sugar before bed, I'd say...

Last edited by rifleman; 03-23-2010 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: Typoz & clarifications
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 09:40 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,097,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
... but just the fact that the univese is almost 14 billion years old would suggest to me that there are life forms that are at least 10 billion years old...
Thing is, the Sun is thought to be a thrird-generation star (last I heard), and early in the Universe there hadn't been any supernovae producing the heavy elements which are necessary for life as we know it. But no one will know for a long time, if ever, about extraterrestrial life unless they come here (and why would they want to?). The speed of light is the problem...

Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,948,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Thanks at least, Campbell for giving a very good reason why UFO's should not be 'in the Christian faith'. It is irrelevant to UFO's and UFO's are irrelevant to it.

Of course, if what you have just stated was really truthful, we then would not be viewing UFOs in ancient Christian Artwork, would we?
Consider the link below.

Siriusly - UFOs - Ancient Artwork

Old 03-23-2010, 11:27 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,948,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Agreed: we're likely doomed. I spent a long time in the senior management side of environmental engineering and the (hopeful) prevention of ecological disaster. In the end I had to run, screaming, from the "room" as it were. I had correctly determined there's precious little hope for man in light of his overbearing arrogance and greed. Which is so often asserted as part of Christianity's grand objectives I"m afraid.

I will tell you though; most modern cars with their computer-designed vehicle dynamics, are quite safe at extended high speeds. Out in Montana, even today, you can, by winking at the Montana Highway Patrol, cruise past 'em at an honest 85 - 90 if the conditions are safe. Of course, no weaving through heavy traffic, or in mountainous curves are a no-no, but it was the "all knowing, all seeing" Feds who mandated the return to "safer" speed limits in the past 12 or so years out there. Prior to that, it was "Reasonable & Prudent" which allowed you to run your Mustang GT or Corvette or even Honda Prelude at a calm, safe 125. My '87 Volvo Turbo Wagon, with aftermarket suspension improvements, will run all day at "Euro-safe" speeds on such highways, at 135. all while I listen, calmly, to Mozart!

Yep.

And now a note from the crackpot Tim Unruh, via his minion here on Earth:

I've just spent another half hour educating myself about the deception in Unruh's outrageously assumptive and spuriously noxious works. Here's a few paragraphs. What fantastic, unsupported nonsense!:

"According to a recent survey of several hundred people, who claimed to have been abducted by aliens, there were no true Bible believing Christians found among the interviewees. Thus, we find another "red-flag" indicator that this phenomenon is decidedly demonic."

"Already, the voices of tormented millions world wide are heard through the media describing their previously inexplicable experiences. In the U.S. alone, experts estimate that close to one million people claim to have been abducted by aliens. These are not cases of individuals vying for attention or about individuals experiencing some unknown aspect of themselves, this has every manifestation of a real effect that has its precedent in, and is decidedly akin to that which resulted from the invasion of the "sons of God" as the Biblical record reveals in Genesis 6:1-4."

One: millions? Two: Experts? Who, exactly? Tim doesn't EVER reveal his sources on this vital information. Three: Genesis 6:1-4 says no such things.

"A sequence recently aired on national television showing alleged U.S. government technicians conducting an autopsy on strange corpses from a crashed alien space ship has captured a great deal of attention and generated much controversy."

One: Which national TV show? When did it air, precisely? I and others are not aware of this so-called great deal of attention and controversy.

"Though this most strategic aspect of Satan's agenda was foiled, the angelic interbreeding wrought havoc to this Earth. Wickedness became so widespread, even into the animal world, that God had to send the judgment of Noah's flood. The actual existence of the "mythological" figures of the satyr (goat-man) and centaur (horse-man), for example, are monstrosities which likely have an historical basis in fact. Demonic meddling in animal genetics could very well have brought about the grotesque assemblages of the "gods" that we read about in ancient mythology. When the outbreak occurred again, after the Flood, God imprisoned the wicked spirits in Tartarus and omnipotently brought the outbreak to an end."

One: Hmmm... a new interpretation of why Noah had to build that Ark. Also, Noah is claimed to be what, 900+ years old. What I did discover in reading Genesis 6 this afternoon was this absolute recorded statement by God: "My spirit shall not abide in mortals forever, for they are flesh; their days shall be one hundred twenty years."

Two: At least Tim Unruh makes continual reference to genetic modification, DNA codes and evolution of the species of man, though he simultaneously cites "evolution" as being a fantasy that has been completely discredited. see Note "A" in the box above to fully understand this strategy. He likes it both ways....He claims UFOs were sent to permanently alter the seed of mankind though genetic contamination & mutation. You know; like in evolution? Oopppsss.

"Legends are recorded in Chariots of the Gods. These ancient astronauts promised to one day return from the stars, as they came the first time...a perfect counterfeit of the second coming of Christ."

One: Conjecture and speculation. Fantasy & imagination, creatively combined. Pure and simple.

"Indeed, intelligent alien beings did come to Earth from outer space. Yes, they did breed with human women. Yes, they did give birth to a new kind of offspring - not homo sapiens - but a part-angel, part-human, freak hybrid strain of giants; and yes they did change the course of mankind in this world. In the wake of their activity, they left a legacy of unrestrained wickedness so intense that people the world over seem to have effaced its horror from their history by remembering it only as fanciful mythology of bygone golden ages. For this, "...God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them into chains of darkness to be reserved unto judgment" (II Peter 2:4)."

I'll repeat my numbered point, directly above:

One: Conjecture and speculation. Pure and simple, with no basis in observed fact nor history.

And finally, this doosie conclusion by Timmy: (my incredulous highlights in red...):

"Discerning Christians have suggested that those involved with these apparitions are not in contact with extraterrestrials but with demonic spirits intent on driving people away from Christ. It is evident that the same entities who operate in haunted houses are likely the same agents that are at work propagating the UFO and related phenomenon, with some likely technical assistance from misguided and depraved humanity, quite possibly a demon possessed segment of human collaborators.

As revealed in the context of an obscure, yet most profound portion of Scripture, we find a most amazing Biblical precedent to the present day dilemma, namely the startling account of a massive "alien" invasion during the days of Noah, as recorded in Genesis 6:1-4."

(Alternately, my read and quote of Genesis: 1-4 is: "The Nephilim were on the Earth at this time. These were the heroes that were of old; warriors of renown."

Hardly the spawn of Satan. Hardly monstrous, alien giants, looking to breed with your young daughters.

This is all make-believe of course, IMHO, but you be the judge. UFOs as Satan's minions... Honestly! Too much sugar before bed, I'd say...

UFOs are depicted in ancient Christian Artwork, and such UFOs are reported all the time around the globe, and often with fighter jets in pursuit.

Consider link below.

Siriusly - UFOs - Ancient Artwork

http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/v03/rnd03_45.shtml

Last edited by Campbell34; 03-23-2010 at 11:46 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 08:42 PM

6,901 posts, read 6,807,149 times
When will people understand that the speed of light is only a problem in our current understanding of physics.

There are ways to travel other than shooting a missile faster and faster out into space as can be seen by the craft that can go 1000's of mph which we have at the moment. (Many people have testified to seeing these craft zooming about our skies at fantastic speeds and they probably do not all belong to aliens, some must belong to our military)

While we have evolved over thousands of years, it is only in the last 100 years that our technology has really made leaps. I just wonder why we have suddenly been able to make these leaps in technology when we were not able to previously.

Please dont say that our technology increases exponentially because, it was a long time after man discovered fire that stainless steel was developed!

Old 03-27-2010, 02:25 AM

239 posts, read 401,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
When will people understand that the speed of light is only a problem in our current understanding of physics.

There are ways to travel other than shooting a missile faster and faster out into space as can be seen by the craft that can go 1000's of mph which we have at the moment. (Many people have testified to seeing these craft zooming about our skies at fantastic speeds and they probably do not all belong to aliens, some must belong to our military)

While we have evolved over thousands of years, it is only in the last 100 years that our technology has really made leaps. I just wonder why we have suddenly been able to make these leaps in technology when we were not able to previously.

Please dont say that our technology increases exponentially because, it was a long time after man discovered fire that stainless steel was developed!
Basically accounting (in the sense of preserving math and sciences records) and the printing press and revival of ancient science/math initially done by the greeks. Funny how things work. So Mr. Einstein, thinks he can do faster than light; how do you do that, huh?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 AM

6,901 posts, read 6,807,149 times
In order to go faster than light, we may have to think outside the box which it seems is almost impossible for some people. I was just saying that there are technologies here which we can only dream of in science fiction, and the proof is that people have seen aircraft going much faster than normal military craft and these craft also stop instantly or turn 90 degree corners. Currently we cannot do that with the 'normal' technology. So the real Mr Einstein probably thought up all these things but they were not publicised 'cos the military wanted to keep them secret.

I dont know how they do faster than light or turn a 90 degree corner. I would love to know, but just because it cannot be done with current scientific 'laws' does not mean that it is impossible. Someone has obviously found a way since these ordinary people and military people keep on describing it.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:34 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,231,479 times
In order to go at the speed of light and move through space and time in a particular direction...Mass has to change into Pure energy (atomic) at point A, and then has to be directed in a uniformed and contained stream of light (data) to arrive at its destination B,...once at its destination it has to change back to its original mass.

This was demonstraighted by God, with Jesus...on three accounts!

1. God went into a virgin Mother and concieved a Son...as foretold in scripture.

2. Jesus is slaughtered, and is reserected soon after, and returns to Mass, and says do not touch me for I have not fully come...etc.

3. Jesus says now I must return to the Father who sent me...mass back to energy, and he is risen up into the heavens.

So in the understanding of these events...it is possible with God to change mass to what ever he pleases or anything that pleases himself...as Jesus always tried to do..Please God that is...

And God? what is this God of renowned power?...That Jesus himself tell us that we are his children...and that we too can do as he has done...or showed us through Christ being in the flesh as Christ Jesus?
Or we are not his children, and cannot do what he has done.
And that Christ Jesus, also mentions that all it takes is faith in him/God...and it will be done by him .
That if we ask, it will be recieved...if we knock the door will be open...if we try, God will take notice and call those who do what was told to do by God...for good reasoning comes from it...his Children are born to do.

Now what is it we are suppose to be doing here?
It is not to debate whether there are or are not UFOs and aliens...because we know there are.
To debate it is just a misdirection, a ploy to stop us from doing what God asked, and the reason for our making..by design..to help God take care of Eden...and or multiply that into the universe...

There is the real task..spelt out in Genesis ....everything else is in error, or to mislead, misdirect, hinder, or denie that from being done right, so we never achieve it...the promise...sinlessly of course is the only way to that promise.

And if we do not do that simple thing God made us for, and learn to share and make more of in likeness of EDEN...Like God has done, and said in Genesis.. ...Gen 9:3 "I give you everything"...we will not be transported in the light ...or the spirit...because of sin that is done by those who do not listen to the words of God.

Jesus says "Those who do the will of my Father, shall enter paradise"
See that is the only way!...and it is only by way of Jesus saying it, that this is made clear.
So it is by Him Jesus, that we find the true path to God...is in restoring something into the garden...and keeping it sinless...not only outwardly but inwardly.

So all this stuff people think is important (Education,technology, Idols, Wealth, war, and even heritage) it is all a means to a kind of sin or misleading us away from the simple chore of sowing seeds sinlessly for God......EDENS denied by a lie or liars Prohibition of plants, that we do not have to do this anymore..and that we can become more than just a sower of seeds?, and restoring Eden, and multiplying that out so all can have life..and all life is included.....less that do, the more suffering is noted....and it is simple deduction as to why.....so we never achieve or do God's will right..and we never complete it right or fulfill it right...and that makes it all suffer great woes.

And so He sent his son to do it...and Jesus fulfills it all.
And so Jesus bought us some time to learn it.,,and do it right...."forgive them they know not what they Do"...he cries out to God from the cross.

Thus those who are doing need no forgiveness!
And those who do it right, shall have...in the end done righteousness for God.
And those who have not done anything but pollute and defile this world, and the children of God...they will be delt with.

The truth is if we do not do what God says...then there will be no food...no clean water...no fresh air....and no place to hide from his anger!

If we pollute those things God amde good...then what does it say about us?

Aliens to God?...hmmm?.... that seems about right cause humans are polluting it all, and they don't care what God said anymore!.

So it is written..."Woe to them who harm the Earth"

and it is also written.."they will turn their weapons into plow sheers and pruning hooks"
Because they will see no other way...and the pending doom of the world will be at hand...by their own stupidity staring back at them.

I can see that...can you?

So do we need aliens to deliever this message?
Or is it already here in scripture?

I say we have been forewarned about it...long ago...and it is only now starting to make sense, because we can see the world and its direction under the laxed sexual muse and idolatry that has been with us for a very long time...

Wonder I do about the final chapters of the Bible's revelation Of John...is it coming true?

Light in to Darkness.
Darkness into Light.
Funny lines of paradoxes and bent lines drawn in the sand...where have all the flowers Gone?...some bent war no doubt?

And they say thankyou for your sacrifices!...wonder Why?...it has nothing to do with aliens?

Is God an Alien?...perhaps if we saw things in that light of truth...this world would be different?

at the moment Technology is polluting the planet mindlessly.
And something God said not to be touched is being used (fossil fuels)
And they have most of the supposed civilized world using it for a high price...when they should not be using it at all...
So they now have people doing the opposite of what God said...in every way.

funny lines of paradoxes...lead to some form of resolve I would say.

Don't need a rocket scientist or Aliens,(unless it is God himself)to offer up any answers for that...

We Got the answers in the Bible already foretold of this bent direction the world is taking.
And we know of the light and the change that occurs to be risen, and or accomplished with God and Christ Jesus to show us we are more than flesh and bones!...when we complete what God wants...Acts 3:21, 10:15, Rev 17:17 with love and sinlessly done!..according to God's laws, precepts, and covenants....there is no other way!.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:14 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,878,283 times
One: Sir Les: A word of friendly advice: While I certainly can't talk about posting long walls of information, you always seem to devolve into adding in scripture and passage, as well as unrelated proselytizing. Anyone else with me on this assessment?

So, sadly for your arguments, I tend to scroll down to the end, scanning for any relevant tid-bits of information that are germaine, as they say, to the discussion at hand. Your personal dedication to God notwithstanding.

Two: there's likely not a limitation to the speed we can travel. Even Einstein was stumped by the instant reaction between two widely separated bodies as regards gravitational forces. If everything is limited to the speed of light, how come an action on one body immediately affects another body mega-millions of miles away?

Einstein could not address this conundrum ligcally or mathematically, but it did leave him scratching his head (perhaps that's why he was going bald...). Ditto for Hawking.

As well, Albert did conclude (and observe, BTW) that time and space can be warped, so we will in all likelihood be able to jump across huge physical distances (and possibly even time) some day by accessing the appropriate entry point.

Don't let the obvious limitations of early physics, as defined by beginning scientists 150 years ago, color all your knowledge, OK? Like those tiresome first drawings of The Ascent of Man from Apes. Now we know better, and yet, as a glaring example, the devout fundies who abhor the truth of Evolution still bring that old 1950s picture up as though it disproves all that we now know. Such an infantile and silly perspective!

To use those arguments against an open-minded scientific community these days is to demonstrate that you'd actually rather be in the Dark Ages so beloved and celebrated by Christianity.

Aliens? Quite probable, and even statistically likely. If they can warp time and space and visit us, they are probably waiting until we're intellectually mature before presenting themselves to us. After all, if they'd wanted to dominate or eat us, they'd have done it by now!

Their association with implausible, logically impossible god beings? Their own deep understanding of advanced scientific principles means their acceptance of some entity who accomplishes things illogically and in total confusion, by MAGIC, is, of course, highly unlikely. They may, of course, have "seeded" this planet and are just watching the experiment with a sense of grim humor.

It is very funny after all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality