Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:11 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,356,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You can stay on topic without resorting to idiocy.

The church is the house of God. The men who run it are no different than the men who don't run it. The foundation of the building and why catholics keep going to the building has nothing to do with dealing with potential sex offenders.

If you aren't catholic, you are obviously ignorant of tradition. No point talking
The pope’s letter regardless of from him or a team of lawyers was a failure in Ireland and world wide among abuse victims. In your response you have highlighted an issue which many of the non-religious are curious about. Why would people take their children to a place where they will be abused? Additionally I personally see no logic in your statement when the tradition being followed is filled with killings, crimes, and now sexual abuses. What civilized person would want to continue such a tradition? In this case the tradition needs to end before it hurts any more members of humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 05:19 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
Is it any wonder why I want to see change in the Church, because as Homey the Clown would say
"homey don't play that game"

Old 03-21-2010, 05:36 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
The following is a teaching of the Church

"It follows that the Church is essentially an unequal society, that is, a society comprising two categories of per sons, the Pastors and the flock, those who occupy a rank in the different degrees of the hierarchy and the multitude of the faithful. So distinct are these categories that with the pastoral body only rests the necessary right and authority for promoting the end of the society and directing all its members towards that end; the one duty of the multitude is to allow themselves to be led, and, like a docile flock, to follow the Pastors"
I don't subscribe to that, Ted. That's misleading teaching. Any idea who was the author behind this??

Old 03-21-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
The pope’s letter regardless of from him or a team of lawyers was a failure in Ireland and world wide among abuse victims. In your response you have highlighted an issue which many of the non-religious are curious about. Why would people take their children to a place where they will be abused? Additionally I personally see no logic in your statement when the tradition being followed is filled with killings, crimes, and now sexual abuses. What civilized person would want to continue such a tradition? In this case the tradition needs to end before it hurts any more members of humanity.
cncancer, as a person who may never have set foot in a catholic church you should know that the people take children to Sunday service for the mass, for the continuation of the last supper ritual. They are not supposed to turn them over to priests and put them in harm's way. There are two distinct things here. The church is not the clergy. The clergy didn't even exist until Rome took things over

Old 03-21-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I don't subscribe to that, Ted. That's misleading teaching. Any idea who was the author behind this??
This was from Pope Pius X in his Papal Encyclical Vehmenter Nos

Old 03-21-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
cncancer, as a person who may never have set foot in a catholic church you should know that the people take children to Sunday service for the mass, for the continuation of the last supper ritual. They are not supposed to turn them over to priests and put them in harm's way. There are two distinct things here. The church is not the clergy. The clergy didn't even exist until Rome took things over
Yes but according to the hierarchy priests are just like the 12 apostles, that is one of the reasons John Paul II said women can't be priests, well that and along with the fact that women don't have a ding a ling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKZcLEY2qEY

Old 03-21-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Yes but according to the hierarchy priests are just like the 12 apostles, that is one of the reasons John Paul II said women can't be priests, well that and along with the fact that women don't have a ding a ling

YouTube - Chuck Berry - My Ding A Ling Live
Ted, is this what they call the Stockholm syndrome?

I find myself agreeing more and more with you.

I'm gonna jog around greenwood village three times to check my mind's sanity. It's a beautiful day outside, today Oddly, there's a jehovah's witness kingdom tower in my biking/jogging trail route

Old 03-21-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I find myself agreeing more and more with you.

:
I will save you a seat in the cafeteria , but the food is very nourishing.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
You calling Jesus a liar? I am talking about doctrine and truth, not about a sinful member.

So you are saying that a third to a half a billion Catholic children have been molested. It's people like you who will burn in the end who bears false witness against his neighbor. But you are probably an atheist or a once saved, always saved protestant. Ain't life easy?
No juj its people like the good cardinal who deserves to burn.

| Irish Examiner

Old 03-22-2010, 07:49 PM

"
The cardinal says he should not be judged by the standards of today — 35 years on."

So back in 1975 it wasn't consider a sin or crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality