Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 06:46 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You can stay on topic without resorting to idiocy.
I didn't realise personal attacks were okay. I'll be wary of what I say in future just in case there are others who do not understand the use of forums.

Quote:
The church is the house of God. The men who run it are no different than the men who don't run it. The foundation of the building and why catholics keep going to the building has nothing to do with dealing with potential sex offenders.

If you aren't catholic, you are obviously ignorant of tradition. No point talking
No no point talking, I can see that.

But kindly read again the post I was responding to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
[...]But what the flip were the parents doing? I thought adults knew what a bunch of so-called celibate men are capable of doing.

I was an altar boy for more than 10 years. Never had a priest come within 10 metres of my presence "alone". My father was always there. He knew. He was a good Dad.

So, the question is, what kind of parents would leave their wards with potential sex offenders?

Answer: Morons
As you say... no point in talking.

Slán agus beannacht.

Good health and blessings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 06:55 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
The pope’s letter regardless of from him or a team of lawyers was a failure in Ireland and world wide among abuse victims. In your response you have highlighted an issue which many of the non-religious are curious about. Why would people take their children to a place where they will be abused? Additionally I personally see no logic in your statement when the tradition being followed is filled with killings, crimes, and now sexual abuses. What civilized person would want to continue such a tradition? In this case the tradition needs to end before it hurts any more members of humanity.
May I just point point that very few of the abuses in Ireland happenined in a chapel? The were widespread in schools, Industrial Schools (institutions of detention where a child of 10 could be incarcerated for 6 years for stealing an apple), in convents, in so called Magdalen Asylums, yes and even in hospitals.

And yes I am in Ireland, and yes I am related to a victim. Oh and yes I was brought up as a good catholic. Whether I remained one or not would be the subject of a different thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality