U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What kind of Christian would Jesus be?
Catholic 2 4.88%
Baptist 1 2.44%
Pentecostal 1 2.44%
Evangelical 4 9.76%
Eastern Orthodox 0 0%
Oriental Orthodox 0 0%
Anglican 2 4.88%
Mormon 3 7.32%
Presbyterian 0 0%
Other 28 68.29%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:48 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,305,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Then why do Jews reject Him?

because he was a Jewish teacher not a god....... He didnt see himself as a god either... In fact he had no intention of starting a new religion he wanted to reform his own..... He was a Jew and died as a Jew and if he were here right now he would be getting ready for Passover....

Old 03-27-2010, 03:20 AM

701 posts, read 659,433 times
I think, as others have pointed out, that the better question would be, "which Christian group most closely follows Christ today?". With that being the question it is simply a matter of which one follows the Bible the most. I believe that the Seventh-Day Adventist denomination is the group that most closely follows the word of God today.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:31 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,317,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
If you abide in absolute truth, yes.
Quite often, mere literacy is quite sufficient. Even common sense, these days!

Quote:
No. Possession is impossible since Jesus came to earth.
Satan would say any different?

Old 03-27-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
because he was a Jewish teacher not a god.
Because he was the real Jew, who 'invented' Judaism, and 'the Jews' were a bunch of phoneys and Roman cronies.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
because he was a Jewish teacher not a god....... He didnt see himself as a god either... In fact he had no intention of starting a new religion he wanted to reform his own..... He was a Jew and died as a Jew and if he were here right now he would be getting ready for Passover....
There have been many "teachers" throughout history. Many men coming with a good message, full of wisdom and insight. This carpenter, however, was no ordinary man. No human being, to ever walk this earth, has had a larger impact, than this carpenter named Jesus. He only lived on this earth for 33.5 years, 30 of which, he was not well known to many. For only 3.5 years this Man was in the public spotlight, yet what he said and did had such an impact, on those closest to him, that they would rather die (sometimes rather cruel and painful deaths) rather than deny Him. Other men had their entire adult life in which to leave their mark on the world, yet this Man in 3.5 years left a legacy that remains strong 2000 years after His death and resurrection. The 3.5 years of this Carpenter's "teachings" has impacted more lives than any other lifetime of teachings, before or since. This Carpenter from Nazareth said he was the Son of God? Well, I for one believe him. As for His heritage? Yes Christ was of Jewish decent and that will never change. As for religious belief? Jews today(not jewish by decent but by religious belief) do not believe Christ was the Messiah, and that belief is contrary to what Christ was. The early Christian church was 100% Jewish in terms of their lineage, but their message was one that then differed from the religious Jew populace, and so the Christian church emerged as a new name for the Jews who accepted Christ as their Messiah. The entire Jewish sacrificial system was symbolic of, and pointed forward to, Christ's death on the cross.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:55 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,140,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Quite often, mere literacy is quite sufficient. Even common sense, these days!

I don't know what your beliefs are or what you even adhere to or read. It really doesn't matter as we are all children of the same God. If you understand the soul and how it works, that the body houses the spirit and soul, you would understand that possession is not possible.
Two souls cannot inhabit the same body. Once the soul leaves, it can no longer inhabit another body. A souless person ceases to exist. So even satan couldn't inhabit a body since he has already went into the spirit world and has been annilhilated. Satan doesn't talk to anyone. What you are seeing today are the ingrained beliefs taught by preachers that still want to be in control by blaming evil on a being that no longer exists. The real story is that satan was only a follower of Lucifer. Lucifer is also gone. I would seriously consider studying some things on the spirit world and those two. There is plenty of info but be careful on what you read as there is some false info out there.
I get mine from very reliable sources. And enlighten men who can confirm.

This is off topic so we should really get back on track.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
we are all children of the same God.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
I don't know what your beliefs are or what you even adhere to or read. It really doesn't matter as we are all children of the same God. If you understand the soul and how it works, that the body houses the spirit and soul, you would understand that possession is not possible.
Two souls cannot inhabit the same body. Once the soul leaves, it can no longer inhabit another body. A souless person ceases to exist. So even satan couldn't inhabit a body since he has already went into the spirit world and has been annilhilated. Satan doesn't talk to anyone. What you are seeing today are the ingrained beliefs taught by preachers that still want to be in control by blaming evil on a being that no longer exists. The real story is that satan was only a follower of Lucifer. Lucifer is also gone. I would seriously consider studying some things on the spirit world and those two. There is plenty of info but be careful on what you read as there is some false info out there.
I get mine from very reliable sources. And enlighten men who can confirm.

This is off topic so we should really get back on track.

WOW! Just WOW!

Old 03-27-2010, 05:37 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,140,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
WOW! Just WOW!
And if you think that sounds crazy, wait til you see the real me.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:37 AM

3,015 posts, read 2,268,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
I can't speak for Satan but, I know there has got to be millions of Gods, no
we do not all worship the same God/Gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality